CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Played a couple games. Servers feel pretty good rn compared to before. What about you all?

I just had an extremely encouraging back and forth in Postums' discord. An update to the 4v4 list is inbound. They're using my proposal as the baseline for the update, with only minor tweaks (moving Prisoner TS into the top tier from the middle tier, for example). He even asked me for numbers on how I'd weight each tier (I said 60-30-10 for anyone curious). I'm fucking STOKED right now. No ETA yet, but it's happening, guys :D

I love you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only gotten to play Chill Out Slayer so far, but Slayer is 50 kills, 3 sec respawn, no changed weapon layouts.

Gametypes: Slayer, ball, KotH, & Flag

Maps:

Damnation

Rat Race

Battle Creek

Prisoner

Hang 'Em High

Chill Out

Derelict

Wizard

Longest

E: it's an unranked playlist so expect it to be casual oriented I guess?

E: Flag is up to 3, same weapon layouts as usual on Battle Creek, 9 or 10 sec respawn.

Oddball is 2 minutes to win, The playlist is also infested with quitters & AFK players.

I just had an extremely encouraging back and forth in Postums' discord. An update to the 4v4 list is inbound. They're using my proposal as the baseline for the update, with only minor tweaks (moving Prisoner TS into the top tier from the middle tier, for example). He even asked me for numbers on how I'd weight each tier (I said 60-30-10 for anyone curious). I'm fucking STOKED right now. No ETA yet, but it's happening, guys :D

Oh thank God

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are decent gametypes and settings such a conundrum for Halo developers? Especially for older games where the accepted settings are clearly established.

Probably a mix of willful ignorance and just sheer arrogance. They just think they know better than the community.

edit: nvm great job Hardway. Just wish they'd communicate this stuff in advance instead of launching the playlist in a shit state and then last minute change their mind. Why make everything so complicated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

guys, people who really really like H1 and consider it the most competitive halo (everyone at least should), what do you dislike about it?

Definitely the jumping. That'd be the first thing I'd change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definitely the jumping. That'd be the first thing I'd change.

I would love to try CE with H2s movement in general.

guys, people who really really like H1 and consider it the most competitive halo (everyone at least should), what do you dislike about it?

I strongly strongly extremely hate that you can't melee while scoped. Scoping accidentally while jamming the stick to hit somebody has gotten me killed about as much as I can handle at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I strongly strongly extremely hate that you can't melee while scoped. Scoping accidentally while jamming the stick to hit somebody has gotten me killed about as much as I can handle at this point.

This is me so hard. Lets just stick it to the man and play Greenthumb.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I must say after playing more and more MCC I am really warming to H2A and H1 the most. I like Halo 3 because the time it came out EVERYONE had Xbox Live and Halo 3 and everyone was playing it so I guess I had more good experience with that than Halo 2/1 multiplayer.

But damn, Halo 1 and Halo 2 are so damn fun. I like H2C but the hit detection is a bit butts and I played Elongation twice in a row and I want to die.

I still really don't like the size of the hitboxes in H2A but with some friends I'm having a really good time with it. It's nice playing Social Slayer with friends and not really caring which Halo game comes up bar Halo 4 which is poop.

This is very pleasing to read.

I just want party matching in social, alongside ranked. Played H4 social and my first game was against a squad I know sweating off hardcore as a solo player with potato teammates. Still dicked on them all the same, but it's frustrating to play against people who just wanna pubstomp. Separate the sweaty social pubstomping scrubs from the solo queuers, lmao. Can only help.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No bullshit.... I know there are issue to deal with....but fuck am I having fun on MCC for once.

FYI... I hate having to say this... Get your shit right 343

• Upvote (+1) 2

Postums has his head shoved pretty far up his own ass...I remember when there were loads of people complaining about there being too many AR start gametypes in social slayer.

His response was basically nah we know better and calling people who prefer BR starts sweaty like next to nobody prefers having AR starts.

To think this is the guy we have to deal with for playlist settings unreal..like do your fucking job and listen to the community we know what works for Halo better then you do.

His response as well was something along the lines of "If the people want to play AR's they should be able to." Well I'm glad the 3 people who actually want to play AR starts are being catered to. 

If only their was some kind of system, a system where you could chose to skip the current map/gametype selection if its awful, but only once so their is still a good variation in maps/gametypes played, they could call it a Veto, like in the UN. Its a shame such a system is too complicated and the technology for such a system just isn't there yet.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thank you!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously can't be the only one getting the "Your connection to the game session was interrupted." message that happens during the map load screen. I'm about to punch a hole in my Xbox. It literally just happened 4 times in a row. It's to the point where it's happening more often than not now. Unbelievably annoying.

Press the Xbox guide button, highlight MCC and select quit.

You need to make sure the game completely closes.

That fixed it for me.

Also

ANYONE FROM EUROPE!!!

Please tell me how match making is for you!

What times are you searching, which playlists, how long does it take to find games, etc.

I just want party matching in social, alongside ranked. Played H4 social and my first game was against a squad I know sweating off hardcore as a solo player with potato teammates. Still dicked on them all the same, but it's frustrating to play against people who just wanna pubstomp. Separate the sweaty social pubstomping scrubs from the solo queuers, lmao. Can only help.

Yeahhhhhh... I just got stomped out on H1 4v4 due to a sweaty ass party

This is why we need a REAL server browser. 343 needs to make a server browser that people actually WANT to use.

You'd have plenty of social customs running. You'd be able to build up a community in your server, you'd be able to have admins kick people for being dicks, etc.

Have a 24/7 BG CTF server running and just pop in every now and then to make sure it's all ok. Have a proper vote kick system in place.

One can dream.

I remember jumping into some CS servers and literally everyone knew each other, they were all having fun playing the game while chatting to each other. They didn't invite each other, they just added the server to their favourites list.

Match making is supposed to be a way of getting players of a similar skill together, it's not supposed to be a system that gets you a fun casual game. Match making is detrimental to the experience you're after.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafPoisedAlbatrossArgieB8

Had a couple kids trying their hearts out to betray me and Nick last night. I gave them some pointers.

A bit of backstory. This started because I punched one of them for body blocking me while I was getting shot. Hard Way then sniped the one trying to betray me. This is what followed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeahhhhhh... I just got stomped out on H1 4v4 due to a sweaty ass party

Teehee.

This is why we need a REAL server browser. 343 needs to make a server browser that people actually WANT to use.

You'd have plenty of social customs running. You'd be able to build up a community in your server, you'd be able to have admins kick people for being dicks, etc.

Have a 24/7 BG CTF server running and just pop in every now and then to make sure it's all ok. Have a proper vote kick system in place.

One can dream.

I remember jumping into some CS servers and literally everyone knew each other, they were all having fun playing the game while chatting to each other. They didn't invite each other, they just added the server to their favourites list.

Match making is supposed to be a way of getting players of a similar skill together, it's not supposed to be a system that gets you a fun casual game. Match making is detrimental to the experience you're after.

Yeah, except matchmaking's the only way I can get a consistent stream of H4 as it was, but buffed for current consoles. Server browsers would probably do jackshit in a game where most other people who like the game probably aren't gonna host them, or do the right settings, or kick based on parties, lol. From my experience, the people running these things or playing them ARE parties. Unless you're proposing a server browser that is auto-picking shit with people to admin shit. Which is "fine" if also done right.

Matchmaking when done right is entirely fine for the experience I seek, too, though. Happens to be fine, quite a bit. Just as simple as not having me match more than the party I'm in. But there are those times when I match social warriors when I just get annoyed.

Not saying I don't want a browser, but I just doubt it'd ever soothe the itch I have.

The Halo community is literally too stupid for a server browser. It's either Infection on shit maps, BTB heavies with SMG starts or 16 man lobbies on 4v4 maps. Team balance is usually wack af and people will always try to switch to the winning team. The only good custom game experience you can get is MLG/HCS lobbies, but most people won't touch that because tryhard stigma.

Just take a look at the CE, H2V, Halo Online or H5 custom game browser if you want a laugh. There's no way MCC will be different, although I'm looking forward to maybe getting Teambeyond lobbies going.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafPoisedAlbatrossArgieB8

Had a couple kids trying their hearts out to betray me and Nick last night. I gave them some pointers.

A bit of backstory. This started because I punched one of them for body blocking me while I was getting shot. Hard Way then sniped the one trying to betray me. This is what followed.

That is how you do it hahaha

The Halo community is literally too stupid for a server browser. It's either Infection on shit maps, BTB heavies with SMG starts or 16 man lobbies on 4v4 maps. Team balance is usually wack af and people will always try to switch to the winning team. The only good custom game experience you can get is MLG/HCS lobbies, but most people won't touch that because tryhard stigma.

Just take a look at the CE, H2V, Halo Online or H5 custom game browser if you want a laugh. There's no way MCC will be different, although I'm looking forward to maybe getting Teambeyond lobbies going.

I'll play in those. They need to make the browser way better than what H5 has. If its just a copy/paste job it will be a ghost town for good gametypes. filtering by canned tags and player counts is not going to cut it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah the Halo 5 server browser is just "clan recruitment" and those stupid assassination only slow-mo lobbies. I have no idea why people like that crap so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1