CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Launch night. Waiting for MCC to finish installing, but reading what everyone was saying here, on Twitter, and on Reddit. My heart had sank before I tried and failed to connect to my first game.

"I'm sure they'll get all this fixed in like a week with a patch"

I swear I'm tapping the trigger like crazy on CE but the pistol isn't shooting fast enough and seems to randomly slow down. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I taking crazy pills?!

Halo 2 has the best hit detection (from my experience) on MCC. Shit feels like LAN.

brb 4 shotting across map on colossus.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also the shot registry is worse after the update. Even less consistent. At least before if you had host you knew it was going to be a disadvantage.

I don't agree.

I swear I'm tapping the trigger like crazy on CE but the pistol isn't shooting fast enough and seems to randomly slow down. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I taking crazy pills?!

Halo 2 has the best hit detection (from my experience) on MCC. Shit feels like LAN.

brb 4 shotting across map on colossus.

No way.  Halo 2 is not good.  The only game with good hit detection at the moment is Halo 4, go figure.  Halo 3 is about as good as its going to get.  H1 and 2 need some work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No way.  Halo 2 is not good.  The only game with good hit detection at the moment is Halo 4, go figure.  Halo 3 is about as good as its going to get.  H1 and 2 need some work.

This 100%

• Upvote (+1) 1

I quit out every time snipers comes up and I don’t feel about it. Doesn’t help that I can’t veto it either. May as well add fucking team swords in the rotation.

I've had a completely different experience, although I've only played three games of Halo 2. The hit detection has been perfect.

H3 is also good, but the BR in that game is trash and has always had issues.

So many people quitting on the other team that I just quit also.  There is no quit out penalty in H1.  You can quit out as many times as you want and it won't effect rank or continually playing.  

343 fails

So many people quitting on the other team that I just quit also.  There is no quit out penalty in H1.  You can quit out as many times as you want and it won't effect rank or continually playing.  

343 fails

It definitely effects your rank. Maybe dashboarding doesn't effect it, I'm not sure. But I had a teammate quite at the very beginning of a game, so I quit also, and I dropped a level.

I've had a completely different experience, although I've only played three games of Halo 2. The hit detection has been perfect.

H3 is also good, but the BR in that game is trash and has always had issues.

Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's worse than pre-patch, and I feel like I'm playing Halo 3 and shooting marshmallows.

Idk if it because I'm bored to death of all shooters on the market right now or what but I am actually enjoying MCC for the most part. See how i feel in about a week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It definitely effects your rank. Maybe dashboarding doesn't effect it, I'm not sure. But I had a teammate quite at the very beginning of a game, so I quit also, and I dropped a level.

Regardless of whether or not there is currently a quit penalty, 343 needs to actually make it painful to quit out of games. Someone told me that in H5, if you quit out you are given a 30 minute ban from ranked matchmaking (similar to what Dota 2 and CS do). That is the kind of system that 343 needs to put in MCC, quitting/dashboarding has been an issue in this game from day one.

I talked to one of the "Reclaimers" that is working closely with 343, and he mentioned that there is going to be a system to stop quitting and to deal with AFK players sitting in matchmaking. Both of these issues should have been addressed with the recent patch, but the "next" patch should "fix" these issues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’m not sure that suspensions are the right way to deal with quitters in a low population game. Maybe something like a “Quit Rank” that matches quitters with other quitters would be better than further reducing an already dwindling population.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regardless of whether or not there is currently a quit penalty, 343 needs to actually make it painful to quit out of games. Someone told me that in H5, if you quit out you are given a 30 minute ban from ranked matchmaking (similar to what Dota 2 and CS do). That is the kind of system that 343 needs to put in MCC, quitting/dashboarding has been an issue in this game from day one.

I talked to one of the "Reclaimers" that is working closely with 343, and he mentioned that there is going to be a system to stop quitting and to deal with AFK players sitting in matchmaking. Both of these issues should have been addressed with the recent patch, but the "next" patch should "fix" these issues.

They just need to do it right. Reach's ban system works on a sort of daily basis. It won't stack up over days or months, but within a short time, so you can quit, get banned, ban ends, and everything's reset. In Halo 5, if I quit a lot, I can stop quitting one time before the ban hits, wait a few days, than be immediately banned for a while if I quit then, even if I hadn't quit within the day in question.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just had a KotH game where it started off feeling pretty good, but halfway through it started lagging, had to play that game 3v4 as a teammate quit at the start but atleast we nearly won while outslaying the other team by 32 kills lol.

H2A has had pretty good hit detection as well. H3 has always had inconsistent hit registration and that's never going to change.

Anyone for CE in a couple hours?

I'll play. I have to do a fantasy draft at 7, but I'm down to play the rest of the day outside of that.

As for hit detection, H1, H2A and H4 feel the same to me, H2 feels a little worse, and H3 feels way better.

I have a hunch a lot of people aren't shooting correctly in H3. Make sure you're aiming center mass for your first 3, account for the duration of your burst with your lead, and make sure you're leading more when you zoom in.  If you are aiming for the head on every shot, you are wrong as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll play. I have to do a fantasy draft at 7, but I'm down to play the rest of the day outside of that.

As for hit detection, H1, H2A and H4 feel the same to me, H2 feels a little worse, and H3 feels way better.

I have a hunch a lot of people aren't shooting correctly in H3. Make sure you're aiming center mass for your first 3, account for the duration of your burst with your lead, and make sure you're leading more when you zoom in.  If you are aiming for the head on every shot, you are wrong as fuck.

H2 classic is the one that surprises me. It shouldn't have worse hit detection than H3.

I'm kind of feeling the same way Jimbo does right now:

MCC really isn't doing it for me right now. It's not because things are still "broken" or not exactly the way they are. It's just not fun. CE is alright when you have a competent teammate, Halo 2 is meh really because I don't enjoy the button glitches (sorry OGs, guess that's what happens when I don't grow up playing it), H2A is alright but it lacks maps, and Halo 3 was a time where I enjoyed customs with IRL friends, the former is hard because of how grabbing files is and the latter is non existent now. 

Not to mention the game is just lacking things and that really doesn't help itself.  

Even if they just added social progressive ranks and revamped the unlock system I'd be willing to play more on a regular basis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solo queued into the CE playlist, got Hang'em by the way, and my teammate quit out within the first ten kills. Gotta love it.

The reason so many ppl are quitting out at the start is because of the stupid rank up glitch. 2018 and kids are still cheating to get their 50 in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason so many ppl are quitting out at the start is because of the stupid rank up glitch. 2018 and kids are still cheating to get their 50 in Halo

That reminds of when Gears 2 came out and I accidentally hit max rank just from quitting or lagging out of games. People kept messaging me how I was so good but I actually sucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1