CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The only issue I've experienced is where the game splits everyone into separate lobbies while still searching. Real annoying when you find yourself in a game alone while still chatting with your party thinking your in the same game.. 

That happens pretty much every time to me.

We're on the east coast of the U.S, the biggest demographic for Halo. We can't really complain like everyone else lol this region lock system really sucks.

i've literally matched @@Batchford who is from the UK and he was searching solo. Im sure there are many that cant find games but i just wanted to say that its not due to lack of people

I think they are working on it so that AUS matches up with other AUS players.  That way USA isn't disturbed by far away connections for example.

Let's not forget unbalanced teams (even if the loading menu seemed fine, teehee, 3v4 Industries), menus fucking up, progress being erased in campaign, loading in improper maps or gametypes, the stability in simply joining someone in the menu, which would either work flawlessly, or never work at all. Long search times resulting in players being dropped mid search, with the only fix being a hard reset. Comparing that to what we have now is just disingenuous, lol.

Entirely agree with the message of this comment. I find 2014 references, even if hyperbolic, to be just dumb and misinformed. And obviously biased to an extent.

Game isn't finished in terms of fixes, but wooooow do you have to be disconnected to think this game is anywhere near 2014's launch mess.

No one is saying they literally copied and pasted the entire 2014 build of MCC for this recent patch. Obviously there are connection changes. But H1 was reset to a 2014 build. It's kind of a meme at this point because they brought back like 10 game breaking bugs from 2014 and didn't improve shot registration. Its not a dumb statement, H1 players are literally playing a broken build from 2014. No one is talking about the entirety of MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one is saying they literally copied and pasted the entire 2014 build of MCC for this recent patch. Obviously there are connection changes. But H1 was reset to a 2014 build. It's kind of a meme at this point because they brought back like 10 game breaking bugs from 2014 and didn't improve shot registration. Its not a dumb statement, H1 players are literally playing a broken build from 2014. No one is talking about the entirety of MCC.

And I didn't accuse people of saying they did copy the 2014 build. I even specified it may be hyperbole. Which is where I take issue. Because people are generalizing the entire game, and comparing it to the game's launch in 2014, and not focusing on one segment. Pretty obvious with super broad statements I've been constantly (TBS: Hyperbole) seeing and am criticizing in that post about the game that don't just focus on CE.

Nah, i mentioned this earlier but i bet most of the fixes that were put in place in 2014/2015 were hackey as fuck and introduced a ton of technical debt.  Its very likely that starting from an earlier build was better to get fixes "done right".  

Going all the way back to the 2001 build would guarantee a good starting point...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know how 343 managed to change the spawn influences on H3 but here we are. Its  beyond frustrating knowing how different they are compared to the original. I'm not sure if they're changed on any of the other games but if they are it should definitely  be something they address. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just super inconsistent. Some people are experiencing more issues than others. I've only experienced a couple of problems, but others have experienced way more.

Are there certain games or modes that are prone to issues? I’ve only have the urge to playH2 and H2A

The shot registration in Halo CE is horrible now.  

I think we need to just accept the fact that the group of people working on this just suck at their job, period.  

This patch was probably a backend overhaul, which it shows because I am finding games even in Australia within seconds (though not all playlists). Games are starting with all players and the parties stick together and don't piss around dropping players and failing to connect.

With the backend in place, the team will focus on individual experiences. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know how 343 managed to change the spawn influences on H3 but here we are. Its  beyond frustrating knowing how different they are compared to the original. I'm not sure if they're changed on any of the other games but if they are it should differently be something they address. 

increased hardware can change spawn influence the same thing happened to cod4. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

MWR was on a completely different engine than CoD4, it had nothing to do with new hardware. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even if that's the case, is it something they acknowledged? Is it something the community has brought up? 

Here's the full list of playlists when the playlist update goes live on the 5th.

Social Playlists
Big Team Battle (Cross Game)
H3 Big Team Battle
Social Slayer
Action Sack
H3 Lone Wolves

H4 Team Arena
Social Arena (Cross-Game)

Ranked
H3 Team Arena
H2A Team Arena
H2C Team Arena
HCE Team Arena

H3 Team Doubles
H3 Team Hardcore
H2C Team Hardcore
Halo CE Team Doubles

Take the 4 Ranked Arena playlists, make them social, and make it cross-game. Its a joke that they are ranked anyway with Team Snipers as a gametype in the some of the Team Arena Playlists. It's also 4 extra playlists we don't need for ranked as we already have Hardcore and they should be the only ranked playlists as they are designed around and focused on competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Searches are taking forever, and half the time I find I game, I get disconnected at the map load screen. Starting to get old.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spawning on a nade in Foundry, check.

Spawning top mid near red side next to a teammate mid gunfight on Narrows while on blue team, check.

Spawning in the same spot as I died twice in a row in 2 seperate locations on Last Resort, check.

Spawning bottom gold near gay jump while the entire enemy team spawns bottom blue on Guardian, check.

And let's not forget the classic me standing s2 while an enemy proceeds to spawn back snipe ramp also on Guardian.

Have H3's spawns gotten way worse or am I just a lunatic?

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-status-update---9-1-18/b24c5f7b-bd4e-4d38-98cd-298ef08e75cd/posts

Social Playlists
Big Team Battle (Cross Game)
H3 Big Team Battle
Social Slayer
Action Sack
H3 Lone Wolves
H4 Team Arena

Ranked
H3 Team Arena
H2A Team Arena
H2C Team Arena
HCE Team Arena
H3 Team Doubles
H3 Team Hardcore
H2C Team Hardcore
Halo CE Team Doubles

The per-game Arena playlists can fill in for both Social Slayer and Action Sack. Replace them with a permanent SWAT playlist and a rotational with an emphasis on Infection.

Also, FIVE Halo 3 playlists is ridiculous. Get rid of H3 Team Doubles.

I'm ok with the result as long as Halo 4 is not in cross-game BTB, and the weighting doesn't give Halo 1 the short end of the stick. In summary:

Social Playlists
Big Team Battle (H1, H2, H2A)
H3 Big Team Battle
H3 Lone Wolves
SWAT (H2, H3, H4, maybe H2A)

Rotational
H4 Team Arena

Ranked
H3 Team Arena
H2A Team Arena
H2C Team Arena
HCE Team Arena
H3 Team Hardcore
H2C Team Hardcore
Halo CE Team Doubles

Spawning on a nade in Foundry, check.

Spawning top mid near red side next to a teammate mid gunfight on Narrows while on blue team, check.

Spawning in the same spot as I died twice in a row in 2 seperate locations on Last Resort, check.

Spawning bottom gold near gay jump while the entire enemy team spawns bottom blue on Guardian, check.

And let's not forget the classic me standing s2 while an enemy proceeds to spawn back snipe ramp also on Guardian.

Have H3's spawns gotten way worse or am I just a lunatic?

You'd have to supply a video for me to tell you if the first 3 were something wrong happening. The bottom two are classics with blue/gold being two different spawn areas and the S1 spawn while someone is S2/S3 has always happened occasionally even in 1v1s where there isn't anything to block spawns short of the other player nading somewhere. The top three need a video because the way the spawns work in H3 takes into account where allies, enemies, nades, objectives, and recent deaths were and applies values to everything. Its possible people had died/nades were thrown in a way that just gave you a seemingly random bad spawn because there just wasn't really a good choice based on the values. Its nearly impossible to actually spawn on a nade though so its probably worth looking at unless the nade actually came in shortly after spawn. Default settings also have an ENORMOUS impact on spawns too. Not only do rediculously bad spawn points like top middle on guardian exist they also use respawn zones which are just altogether weird and should be avoided typically

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is lousy for FFA. The emphasis on team shooting because of the inconsistent BR makes for plenty of half-kills that get stolen. Why is it the only game that gets an FFA playlist? And why does it need it's own BTB playlist? Just re-name this damn thing to the Halo 3 Collection already.

• Upvote (+1) 8

H3 spawns seem the same to me... ?

The spawns points are the same yes, but the way they're influenced and the rotations are wayyyyyy off. A fellow angry gamer summed it up almost perfectly on waypoint: 

"Now lets get to spawns. What in the heck were you guys thinking? The respawn system in the current version of the MCC is atrocious. It’s unforgivably BAD. I understand that certain non-linear maps have poor spawns. I do. But there is no reason, in any situation, why someone I kill should respawn 2 feet away from where they died. Or right next to his teammate, who is in combat. Or in the same spot 3x in a row. Or across the map, away from his team and underneath mine. The spawns (for Team Slayer settings in particular) are a bad joke, and need SERIOUS reworking. As it stands, the spawns are considerably different from the original Halo 3’s spawns, and this is extremely problematic. The current manner in which a player respawns is so unpredictable, that it has a negative affect on competitively play. And yes I know, I keep bringing up competitive play. But we’re talking about a ranked playlist here, surely there has to be consideration for competitive play (which itself is centered around balance and fairness, mind you). Fix these respawns. Please. Don’t make me beg. They’re terrible."

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, is CE worth playing now?

It hasn't really received any fixes as of this update. Some people report improvement due to dedicated servers. Postums said the next one should include fixes for h1
  • Upvote (+1) 1