CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How can their servers be this shit? I've played on some awful hosts over the years but 343s servers take the cake. Do they just have insane packet loss or what?

So far for the new update out of all the servers I've been on, they've felt really good overall, just a few little glitches that happen rarely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't agree. Not saying your opinion is wrong, but from my point of view, spawn sounds are the exact opposite of what you said. Halo 1 was played on tube tvs with low quality audio, no headphones, and on split screen. MCC is played on high def monitors with HD sound and high quality headsets. Being able to hear 85% of Damnation spawns and being able to reduce possible spawns to 2 places if you couldn't hear them isn't how anyone remembers Halo 1. Being able to hear every spawn on chillout and instantly prenade every spawn on pris because you can hear the first spawner isn't how anyone remembers it either. I remember Halo 1 as a game that takes extremely high map knowledge and awareness. Not a game where you can instantly ignore 90% of the map because of sounds. MCC at a medium/high level has basically turned into who gets less spawns within hearing distance of the other team. Sounds simply break the maps and the gameplay. Once again, idk what the hell you were playing Halo 1 on, but I don't think you used to be able to eliminate 90% of the map off sound alone. Headphones on XBC dont have a place in this discussion either because that's not vanilla Halo anymore and those aren't casual players.

Why casuals players matter one bit is beyond me. They aren't going to play MCC and notice spawn sounds or not. All the sounds do is completely break the game for actual Halo 1 players. If you are opposed to lead then I can understand that a little as NHE is vastly different than regular Halo. But the bullet magnetism needs to be reduced by a huge amount and the sniper needs some form of lead so its not the easiest sniper in any video game I've ever played. On host shooting and sniping is still way more difficult than what we have now.

I'm still not opposed to making H1 MCC play exactly like the game that 95% of H1 players lan though (NHE). I really don't care about someone hopping on Halo 1 for the first time in 10 years. Competitive players that play the game daily/weekly/monthly is what the game should be designed around. At the end of the day, I will take every opportunity possible while 343 has shown SOME care about fixing MCC to get Halo 1 as close to how its being lanned right now. This is the absolute last chance we have to get a working, viable, and universal way to play Halo 1 online on the xbox. If somethinhg like spawn sounds that completely break the game at a competitive level is how people remember Halo 1 (it isn't), then that sucks for them.

Hearing all the spawns is a problem I agree, we already told kornman to reduce the radius but they should not be completely eliminated. I'm only taking issue with eliminating sound completely. I agree sounds are broken.

And of course I agree that bullet magnetism and host compensation needs to be fixed. That has nothing to do with matching it to NHE though. It's just broken compared to the vanilla game.

Sounds don't break the game competitively imo. If the radius is reduced then it's fine. The sounds are less ideal but that's how we played for a long time and that's the OG experience.

I feel that MCC is finally where it was supposed to be in 2014. I'm absolutely loving every moment of it.

I'm finding matches quickly and reconnecting with old friends that I haven't talked to in a decade. I've put an absurd amount of hours into this game this week. Perhaps its because I'm not sure how long this will actually last.

I've found a couple minor bugs, but nothing that takes away from my personal experience.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is this a glitch or an exploit? Looks like he threw 3 grenades at once?

Glitch, it happens randomly, your grenade inventory counter will also go down to 0.

The shot registration in Halo CE is horrible now.  

I think we need to just accept the fact that the group of people working on this just suck at their job, period.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

So there's no suicide penalty in Halo 4 social slayer, similar to Halo 4 at launch.

These interns at 343 based the changes on the 2014 coding instead of current 2018 code thinking they wouldn't miss anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Correction... You can queue up for what you want.

Whether or not you actually find a game is another question.

Why does the game need to cater to literally every possible game combination at the expense of faster and more accurate match making just because some players don't like a certain game type?

This game doesn't have the population to support this many playlists. That's a fact. A month from now you'll struggle to find games in most playlists off peak, I guarantee it.

Custom games exist for a reason. You don't see Counter Strike letting players queue up for surf maps.

dude i get games in every playlist lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

These interns at 343 based the changes on the 2014 coding instead of current 2018 code thinking they wouldn't miss anything.

Nah, i mentioned this earlier but i bet most of the fixes that were put in place in 2014/2015 were hackey as fuck and introduced a ton of technical debt.  Its very likely that starting from an earlier build was better to get fixes "done right".  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there no CE 4v4?

its in the team slayer playlist but it will get its own in like 2 weeks. they are going to push an "tu" through in 2 weeks and are waiting for that. 

The update in 2 weeks will also include playlist updates and some CE patches, whatever they are. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Tylernol XR" keeps doing the unplug trick to rank up, feel free to report that guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is just an asinine comment, it really is.  Not to call you out specifically lol you're just the most recent one from a long string of very hyperbolic, non-specific complaints over the last few days.  If you think this is even approaching how bad the game was back in 2014, or even 6 months ago, you were never really paying attention.  You couldn't even launch the game day 1 without risking it locking up and crashing.  moving from one campaign level to another had like a 50/50 shot of success.  Finding games was a tall order period.  And if you could get one there was probably a 1/3 chance you wouldn't be able to connect and would get kicked back to the lobby. God forbid you found 7/8 players while matchmaking.  As recently as a week ago in retail you still couldn't get stable lobbies together without multiple attempts at connecting to different hosts, QTB's and hard resets.  Loading times took fooorrreevveerrr. JIP customs didn't exist. H3 hit detection was straight dogshit

Let's not forget unbalanced teams (even if the loading menu seemed fine, teehee, 3v4 Industries), menus fucking up, progress being erased in campaign, loading in improper maps or gametypes, the stability in simply joining someone in the menu, which would either work flawlessly, or never work at all. Long search times resulting in players being dropped mid search, with the only fix being a hard reset. Comparing that to what we have now is just disingenuous, lol.

Entirely agree with the message of this comment. I find 2014 references, even if hyperbolic, to be just dumb and misinformed. And obviously biased to an extent. 

Game isn't finished in terms of fixes, but wooooow do you have to be disconnected to think this game is anywhere near 2014's launch mess.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So P2P fallback still being on is a thing just had 2 host migrations in one game and then the next host must’ve been from EU or something because everything came out delayed.

So P2P fallback still being on is a thing just had 2 host migrations in one game and then the next host must’ve been from EU or something because everything came out delayed.

Most likely not, there's a region lock, and I had a host migration where after it everybody was lagging while moving, & everything was delayed too, probably has something do with the host migration process causing the client & host to get off-sync or something like that.

dude i get games in every playlist lol

We're on the east coast of the U.S, the biggest demographic for Halo. We can't really complain like everyone else lol this region lock system really sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been playing a lot of MCC the last few days. Maybe I’m blinded. Y the fact I’m getting H2 and H2A games in seconds, but I don’t feel like I’m experiencing many issues. Been having a blast. The aiming feels a million times more responsive than H5.

It's just super inconsistent. Some people are experiencing more issues than others. I've only experienced a couple of problems, but others have experienced way more.

It's just super inconsistent. Some people are experiencing more issues than others. I've only experienced a couple of problems, but others have experienced way more.

The only issue I've experienced is where the game splits everyone into separate lobbies while still searching. Real annoying when you find yourself in a game alone while still chatting with your party thinking your in the same game..