CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Anybody know what time it's going up on Game Pass? 9pst possibly?

3+ hours ago.

E: Only for MCC & Quantum Break for one reddit poster in the US.

Anybody know what time it's going up on Game Pass? 9pst possibly?

It's up now, you just need to download it from the store.

Cool. Hopefully the population will increase and search times will go down. Right now they're all over the place. Sometimes, 30 seconds or less. Other times, literally 5-7 minutes.

I've played a bunch of halo 2 hardcore and arena and have found matches nearly instantly in both. I have no problem with there being more than 1 playlist per game.

But does "Team Arena" deserve to be ranked? I'm saying no. I don't have a problem that it exists, but it should be "Social 4v4" and "Hardcore" should be expanded to include other maps and gametypes but still following the MLG ruleset, be ranked, and be called "Team Arena" to not scare away people for no reason.  

I've never played a game with so many afk players as Halo. Every 2nd of 3rd game there's a kid sitting there not playing. I really don't get it.

But does "Team Arena" deserve to be ranked? I'm saying no. I don't have a problem that it exists, but it should be "Social 4v4" and "Hardcore" should be expanded to include other maps and gametypes but still following the MLG ruleset, be ranked, and be called "Team Arena" to not scare away people for no reason.  

I guess the whole ranked arena i don't care too much about. I'm very against putting other maps and gametypes into hardcore.

I guess the whole ranked arena i don't care too much about. I'm very against putting other maps and gametypes into hardcore.

Why?

Because I want to only play the MLG gametypes that were in hardcore in 2007.

Same here. Otherwise its backc to tryna run customs all day which is a pain. Anybody tryna complain about two h2 playlist needs help. Its the probably the second popular game in there after halo 3. And the gametypes in h2c arena are mostly trash. Got flag and bomb on backwash back to back last night

I've played a bunch of halo 2 hardcore and arena and have found matches nearly instantly in both. I have no problem with there being more than 1 playlist per game.

I played h2c hardcore and noticed there is no CTF in the playlist, snipers don't spawn on Sanc slayer and spawns are so screwed up that the enemies were spawning at our base on midship while we were planting the bomb. Really bummed to say the least.

I played h2c hardcore and noticed there is no CTF in the playlist, snipers don't spawn on Sanc slayer and spawns are so screwed up that the enemies were spawning at our base on midship while we were planting the bomb. Really bummed to say the least.

The H2 spawns are FUCCCKED.  Where is the discord for reporting this stuff?

I've never played a game with so many afk players as Halo. Every 2nd of 3rd game there's a kid sitting there not playing. I really don't get it.

This was obviously going to be a problem as soon as 343 mentioned rolling lobbies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I want to only play the MLG gametypes that were in hardcore in 2007.

I guess i just prioritize a wider breadth of quality, competitive gametypes with the right settings over strictly adhering to the 12 that nobody has actually competed in for a decade.  I have advocated for this for Halo going forward as well.  Stock the "Team Arena" playlist with twice as many map/gametype combos than are actually used in competition and just make sure they are all "Ranked Viable".  Then for a tournament season pick the 11-13 gametypes that meet at the intersection of pro's wanting them in and data saying they are the "most competitive" (in the "the best team usually wins" kind of way not the "this gametype feels competitive because the results are always close" kind of way. Thats just "close and sweaty" not actually "competitive).

This was obviously going to be a problem as soon as 343 mentioned rolling lobbies.

Not if they had actually implemented a kick for idling.  Which reminds me of another thing they need to do... that stupid scary reputation warning you get before you quit needs to be turned off once 1 person has quit.  At that point, if a team is getting steamrolled they should be able to quit freely without any penalty to their rep or getting a ban, just count it as a normal loss.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/h1-ace/video/59549388

Further evidence that H1 was untouched and the only thing done was reverting the build version to one from years ago. Anti aim is back and hasn't been in the game for 3 years.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulHeartlessCaribouDogFace

I posted this earlier in this thread, but I thought I'd re-post it. This is a clip of Ogre 2 getting shoved through the barrels and out of the map top green on Damnation. This was a glitch that was in MCC for awhile, but was patched shortly after MCC released (If I remember correctly). I could possibly see things like the AR no longer being able to shoot down powerups, as being a result of 343 trying to fix hit registration. But I feel that this glitch pretty much proves Twisted M's theory that they just reverted to an earlier version of MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was a problem when MCC first came out, how is it still a problem?

343. The answer is 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been playing a lot of MCC the last few days. Maybe I’m blinded. Y the fact I’m getting H2 and H2A games in seconds, but I don’t feel like I’m experiencing many issues. Been having a blast. The aiming feels a million times more responsive than H5.

Quantum Break is super weird but absolutely worth playing.

That game + story is sick! Shame about its reception

Stuff like this has been happening on MCC for quite some time. 

wow outplayed  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1