CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Im choosing to look at the positives of this thing. Of which there are a lot and im sure they took a lot of work to get functional.

Matchmaking actually works

Custom games actually work

Playing in a party actually works

Party restrictions look like they are being enforced

I haven't crashed back to the PGCR even once

I haven't crashed back to desktop even once

I haven't been stuck in infinite load/black screen

Some All of the games are still borked to one degree or another yeah, but at least i can party up and find games and not have to hard reset my box or qtb multiple times a session....

• Upvote (+1) 4

Rockets are way to weak.

Hahaa.

Im choosing to look at the positives of this thing.  Of which there are a lot and im sure they took a lot of work to get functional.

Some All of the games are still borked to once degree or another yeah, but at least i can party up and find games and not have to hard reset my box or qtb multiple times a session....

You don't get how much this matters to me, lmao. Couldn't care less about times when my shots drop when I can just play Halo like Halo. Party restrictions being a thing surprised me, though. Super happy they exist. To add to it, social feels like social (Fuck you, Halo 5). I'm matching a mix of random people I just rail and some occasional good people, and then some obvious teams, and it feels truly random, compared to the ranked setup which is generally good. I need to grind up higher, but as a solo queuer I get consistent ass teammates and enemies, lmao. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though I can only find games in Halo 2 Classic and Halo 3 at the moment (thanks Australia) this is the most fun I've had in years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What are the changes he's made? 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/

This whole thread entails everything he's done. It's amazing how much he's made this mess of a game mimic OG CE. Finding games is a problem, buying/finding xpadder so your controller actually works well enough is annoying, but even with that it is fun to play when you get 3 other people in. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Connection to the game session has been interrupted."

Happened 5 times tonight, right before a game's about to start.

And this happens after sitting in lobby 10 minutes at a time trying to find players. It'll find 5-7 people, and just stop.

Im choosing to look at the positives of this thing. Of which there are a lot and im sure they took a lot of work to get functional.

Some All of the games are still borked to one degree or another yeah, but at least i can party up and find games and not have to hard reset my box or qtb multiple times a session....

Pretty sure Halo 4 isn't borked at all. Which I find hilarious because it's the one game none of us wants to play. But still, this patch is a huge step up. I've had no issues getting into games and I've even gotten into some good ones with minimal lag. Blood shots aplenty in H2 and H3 though.

The 1-50 isn’t a system that works today I’m afraid. There’s a reason division ranking is the ranking in most games. It works greatly in most games(except h5 but that’s partly due to no party matching).

They need to add a kicked for inactivity penalty. Nothing like playing CE and having 1 player not playing and his teammate quitting, then having to wait 20mins.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

This has been a day 1 glitch since 4 years ago that has been reported numerous times and posted on halobugs.com's first iteration of bugs. This bug has been deliberately ignored for 4ish years.

I figured that might have been the case. Do we have any idea if it affects what you look like to other players?

The Ranking System 1-50 is awful, terrible, and at times unbearable for lower-level Halo players. There is always some old Halo-god starting level 1. It means that I constantly die. Again and again. Games are one-sided. Only one of the ten games is somehow fair.

Halo 5's Ranking System is a lot more rewarding for me. I hope 1-50 will never return to the main Halo title.

Lmao the ranks just reset, even the overrated H5 ranking system couldn't help you in this scenario. We have to be glad we're even getting party restrictions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lmao the ranks just reset, even the overrated H5 ranking system couldn't help you in this scenario. We have to be glad we're even getting party restrictions.

oh it very well could. When you don’t play console anymore and try playing halo it’s horrible.

H5's ranking works always fine to me after reset.

They need to add a kicked for inactivity penalty. Nothing like playing CE and having 1 player not playing and his teammate quitting, then having to wait 20mins.

Played 5 games of CE today. 4 out of the 5 played exactly like this. It kinda ruined the whole play session. I wish people weren’t such inconsiderate dicks sometimes. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

My experience so far:

Received a connection issue twice in a row just before game started. I completely shut down my Xbox, quit out of the game and then restarted and then it seemed to work ok.

Can't find games in Australia because 343 is incompetent. They were told this during Insider testing. This has been an issue in the past. They literally fixed this in Halo 5 and then WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to break it again in MCC. I have no words...

I managed to find a few games in Halo 2 last night but it was the same players in nearly every game. One player we constantly matched up with either sat still the entire game or left, so pretty much every game was 4v3.

Tried Halo 1 and we found a couple of games, but it was the same players over and over who barely knew how to walk.

I played one game of Halo 2 that was fun as hell, a TS on BC against players that actually knew how to move around the map and had good fun.

Unfortunately that fun is short lived. I tried finding a game during the middle of the day 3pm AEST and no luck. So basically if you live in NA, congrats, if you live anywhere else well you might as well ask for a refund.

Someone told me he's been told by a 343 dev they're going to fix it in 3 weeks. I don't know how accurate this information is, however I trust the source as he's well known in our community.

Unfortunately even if 343 does fix it, they're making the same freakin' mistake they've made a dozen times now. Aussies are going to boot up the game, find no games, uninstalled it and then 3 weeks later IF it actually works we've already lost 80% of the population. GG.

YET AGAIN 343 has diluted the player base by offering a million different playlists. Why the hell do we need Halo 2 arena and Halo 2 hardcore? They need to be the same fucking playlist. This has been told to them over and over and over and over and over and over again. How the hell does 343 not get it through their freakin' heads?

How many players are in this game right now? Maybe 20,000-30,000 peak? Maybe 5000 off peak? Meanwhile, they have so many playlists while a game like LoL with literally 20X's the playerbase (at least) has like 5 match making lists. People will get their MCC fix and leave the game soon enough and then it'll be like 10,000 players peak and people will wonder why it takes 20 minutes to find a game when there's 2 dozen playlists.

343 has to stop trying to cater to everyone and just make a playlist set that makes sense. 4v4 for Halo 2. Done. Some people don't like objective? Ok, cool, they can just ignore the flag, no one is forcing them to pick it up and carry it.

I can't believe this needs to be typed out.

At the very least, they could allow you to queue for multiple playlists at once. It's 2018 and 343 acts like nothing has changed since 2005.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Ranking System 1-50 is awful, terrible, and at times unbearable for lower-level Halo players. There is always some old Halo-god starting level 1. It means that I constantly die. Again and again. Games are one-sided. Only one of the ten games is somehow fair.

Halo 5's Ranking System is a lot more rewarding for me. I hope 1-50 will never return to the main Halo title.

Ranking systems where you lose your rank every "season" give me Ligma. I've played probably 20 ranked matches in Halo 5 because of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we've had sneaking suspicions that H1 MCC wasn't even directly worked on as MANY of the old bugs from years ago have reappeared with nothing in the patch notes. For example, the portals are completely fucked up right now and ports you back and forth way too quickly. Compared to a few days ago, they are completely different. But the portals were never worked on and never talked about in the patch notes. But they do act like they did in a specific build years ago.

Pair this with the fact that Ogre2 had his settings on an account rolled back to years ago when his girlfriend played on it (1 sens, bumper jumper) despite having correct settings before the new patch.

I'm totally aware that older builds can be better to build off of or easier to work with. But very little has changed. Shot registration still sucks and is very inconsistent. This version's shooting is identical to a version from years ago with the exact same bugs reappearing and even settings being rolled back. Hopefully someone can clarify, but it appears all that Halo 1 has received is solely reverting back to a less fucked up but still fucked up build. There's dozens of game breaking issues and not one of them is or has been individually addressed. We're STILL playing an untouched version of MCC.

We have discords, forums, group chats, etc, all giving feedback on how to make Halo 1 more like the original. We've recommended things as simple as removing spawn sounds and as complex as NHE lead and everything in between. Not one single individual thing has been fixed yet. Spawn sounds would be a day 1 huge improvement. I'm not a coder but can't 1 person go into the code and simply remove the sound file related to spawns in less than a day?

• Upvote (+1) 4