CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What the bloody hell are you doing here then

That's a good question Hunter...that's a good question.

Last night playing with Sandman I pushed the meta of Halo 1 by redefining playing the portal.

In other words, portals are broken and I couldn't get out.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/silosthevillain/video/59454777

That happened to me on derelict yesterday but i got out after like 3 back-and-forths.

@@RVG E Nomini and myself played quite a few CE matches yesterday. Had no issues with hit registration and long range battles aren't garbage anymore. But man was there some crazy lag in places.

I played some with @@Hard Way yesterday and we had a couple games with the exact opposite problem. Any gunfights at range were borked.  Hopefully the networking updating Postums mentioned comes out sooner rather than later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've put the most time in H3 so far and it feels pretty solid to me outside of the ridiculous spawns majority of the time. Played a few games of H2 classic and something just feels really off for some reason.

I played some with @@Hard Way yesterday and we had a couple games with the exact opposite problem. Any gunfights at range were borked.  Hopefully the networking updating Postums mentioned comes out sooner rather than later.

Damn. Well, there wasn't a single time before this patch I had a long range battle that wasn't a crapshoot. Whatever the patch did for me, hopefully they figure it out for everyone.

If 343 listens to you guys and rushes this update I can already see all of you on here typing paragraphs about how trash everyone at 343 is and how incompetent they are as a game dev.

Is it too early or...?

They've added new playlists; H2C & H3 Hardcore, Social Slayer, & H3 BTB.

E: Seriously, my experience with this is way worse than insider lol, every game is laggy to hell and back.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

While I did sign up for the insider program I haven't played it at all. I've been waiting till they release this update which I thought was going to be their biggest update and final one. It now seems this was just the start and they are going to continue to add updates, but does anyone know the specifics? Did they say how much longer they are going to work on it?

I see so many mixed opinions on whether this update has improved the overall game or not. Sounds like the actual functionality of the games (matchmaking and campaign) seem to be improved but the spawns were touched? What happened with the spawns?

Your average H3 fan  :kappa:

14_btw.jpg

Don't take the bait! Everyone who knows better knows the best Halo is Halo 4. 

Anyways, I love the fact I can join my friends lobby instantly, start searching and get 5 games in a row then hop off satisfied now!!!!!!! 

The update is a win in my book.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Your average H3 fan  :kappa:

14_btw.jpg

That guy's a known troll. He's been banned/time out of numerous channels countless times.

Halo 1 remains a shell of itself and has real no hope going forward. The game was doomed the second the PC version was used and ported. Hopefully 343 knew the two games (OG and PC) were nothing alike.

The single biggest thing that can be done right now to improve gameplay is remove spawn sounds so you can't hear where people spawn. Although the original OG version is not like this, the competitive NHE version is. In a game where spawns are almost everything, you shouldn't be able to instantly know where people are based off sound. Advantageous spawns on NHE are basically shit spawns on MCC. The fact that something so simple to remove (spawn sounds) that is so detrimental is still in the game shows theres almost zero concern about H1 MCC being true to competitive.

The pistol and sniper has LEAD in the original. A 3 shot pistol that is hitscan is way too strong. I can't figure out the half assed half reticle sometimes there sometimes not lead in this version of H1 MCC. It's still not enough. There is no real skill gap in shooting still. The sniper is ridiculously easy to use and the inconsistent shit tier lead makes unscoping people unreliable. The sniper being readily available in H1 meant it had to atleast be hard to use. You're an idiot if you pass it up in MCC.

Rockets are way to weak. The shotgun sucks. The plasma rifle is useless. Are these not just coded values that can be changed? Can rocket damage not just be increased by 10%? The fact that 3 weapons are still no where near where they are on OG lan shows yet again theres no desire to make H1 MCC true to the original.

I know that postums supposedly said the next patch is a big H1 patch, but no one's holding their breathe. The netcode can be improved all they want but core features like no sounds, projectile weapons, and useful niche weapons are what the game needs.

I know improved shot registration can be exciting but technically all they have to do is inceease hitbox size and magnetism. While more shots will register, can you really say registration is better? All that does is make shooting to easy and takes away skill. I say this because we want improved GAMEPLAY that brings H1 players back, not just bandaid fixes and smoke and mirrors.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there an H1 4V4 playlist out or coming out?

It's coming out eventually. Social playlist with the title "Halo: CE Team Arena". I would guess it would be released Saturday at the latest, but nothing confirmed.

Halo 1 remains a shell of itself and has real no hope going forward. The game was doomed the second the PC version was used and ported. Hopefully 343 knew the two games (OG and PC) were nothing alike.

H1PC has always been a joke. It actually runs on MCC like a dream compared to the original port.

The Ranking System 1-50 is awful, terrible, and at times unbearable for lower-level Halo players. There is always some old Halo-god starting level 1. It means that I constantly die. Again and again. Games are one-sided. Only one of the ten games is somehow fair.

Halo 5's Ranking System is a lot more rewarding for me. I hope 1-50 will never return to the main Halo title.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

H1PC has always been a joke. It actually runs on MCC like a dream compared to the original port.

Stuntman has some servers on H1PC that play better than MCC imo. 

The Ranking System 1-50 is awful, terrible, and at times unbearable for lower-level Halo players. There is always some old Halo-god starting level 1. It means that I constantly die. Again and again. Games are one-sided. Only one of the ten games is somehow fair.

Halo 5's Ranking System is a lot more rewarding for me. I hope 1-50 will never return to the main Halo title.

Of course they will be unfair right now as everybody just restarted from the beginning.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Of course they will be unfair right now as everybody just restarted from the beginning.

The situation is worst now, yes. But it will not be much better. I know it from experience. Especially in a game like MMC, played by old skillful players and starting at level 1.
It is difficult for good players to understand this, but it is a real problem. It bothers the old lower level players as well as newbies.