CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How is this game still broken? Watching Ogre 2, and CE is laggy as hell. This is supposed to be an AAA title. It's supposed to be polished. It's supposed to work. 3-4 years later and it's still broken.

343 is a laughing stock, I'm sorry.

It is definitely still laggy and they're working on fixes for next update.

That being said Ogre 2 plays on some communal router bullshit apparently so he probably has more issues than the average person.

I still am waiting for h3 hit reg improvements because it sucks! One thing that could improve Br is increase the rate of fire. Halo online originally was projectile but it’s hit reg loads better b cause the Br has a faster rate of fire. I get constant blood shots, it’s hit reg still isn’t as good as OG H3!

I still am waiting for h3 hit reg improvements because it sucks! One thing that could improve Br is increase the rate of fire. Halo online originally was projectile but it’s hit reg loads better b cause the Br has a faster rate of fire. I get constant blood shots, it’s hit reg still isn’t as good as OG H3!

1. H3 hit reg has always been questionable.

2. That's not how hit reg works. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Playing halo 3 and i'm noticing sometimes the game will freeze for a split second here and there.

aka the H5 experience

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. H3 hit reg has always been questionable.

2. That's not how hit reg works.

Sorry buddy not everyone is a coder. I just know in some games hit detection became better or worse when rate of fire was increased/decrease. One example could be the current h5 Br. It’s still hitscan yet the weapon itself is now total garbage. Maybe increasing the ROF could improve the online experience but who knows?

I’m just tired of shooting a mofo and they’re not dying. My headshots don’t mean shit!

Heck’s on the insider the hit reg felt fine as shit, yet now it’s just ass!

• Downvote (-1) 4

Sorry buddy not everyone is a coder. I just know in some games hit detection became better or worse when rate of fire was increased/decrease. One example could be the current h5 Br. It’s still hitscan yet the weapon itself is now total garbage. Maybe increasing the ROF could improve the online experience but who knows?

I’m just tired of shooting a mofo and they’re not dying. My headshots don’t mean shit!

Heck’s on the insider the hit reg felt fine as shit, yet now it’s just ass!

i think ur confusing increasing the bullet speed with increasing the rate of fire lol. and thats what they did with halo 2 X. they doubled the travel speed of the br from 400 to 800. makes it play so much better. just got to convince 343 to do this to mcc now. It's also what they did to CE on mcc. bullet speed increases as ping increases. 

Is ANY area of in-game performance better?

I don’t know if it’s the placebo effect but CE and halo 3 feels better to me. Ive not tried halo 2 and don’t care about trying halo 4.

My experiences have all been fine so far. Aiming feels off in h2 though i cant put my finger on it.

Worth buying LIVE for guys? Be honest.

I think it's worth it just for fun especially if you have people to play with. There's clearly still issues but they're atleast being acknowledged. If you want here's ~3hrs of H3 gameplay from me where I discuss some of the problems i notice here and there so you can judge for yourself. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302946126

I think it's worth it just for fun especially if you have people to play with. There's clearly still issues but they're atleast being acknowledged. If you want here's ~3hrs of H3 gameplay from me where I discuss some of the problems i notice here and there so you can judge for yourself. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302946126

Matchmaking is working well for UK players now?

I guess I'm one of the odd ones out. From what I've played of both CE and 2(not going to touch 3 still) they've both played great. I've also gotten matches almost instantly and not had any issues with this stutter/lag i've been reading about here. For me so far the update is a huge improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I was finding games super fast, I'm not sure if it's because of a population rise due to the patch or just because the playlists have been consolidated together for each game but it was a massive improvement.

Have they mentioned anything about the p2p fallback being enabled? Because... well... this doesn't look like a dedicated server to me....

https://gameclipscontent-d3017.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274798578400-private/478c2f0a-49cc-48cb-8d5a-668786cc2e43.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=66lmHB8p%2B2j9dMfQc24wXSzv2za0k5Q%2FAxkMVExwRB8%3D&__gda__=1535551775_fddd75716f618a9a52322517c27e60db

Even with that, of the 3 games i played for Halo 3 this morning the hit detection was fine.  It was still Halo 3 bad, but it was always bad.  Its loads better than old MCC.

Finally got a chance to play and ran six games. The connection feels fine, the shot registration too, the aiming still feels not like the OG but I've gotten so used to that at this point I've accepted that it wont be changed..

But most importantly man its good to have real ranks and party restrictions in a Halo game again. No more being forced to have a party of four or playing customs to even have a chance of playing a good game.

Yeah I was finding games super fast, I'm not sure if it's because of a population rise due to the patch or just because the playlists have been consolidated together for each game but it was a massive improvement.

Great. If you wouldn't mind, keep us updated on your thoughts after around two weeks or so.

Also, from what I've seen, it really does look like Ogre 2 has one of the worst internet connections in the world. I switched to another CE stream and shots were registering really well and lag wasn't really noticeable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

no seriously why am i exclusively spawning on my teammates while they are mid gunfight? not even exaggerating, out of the like 9 games i played i only got like 4 semi-safe spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no seriously why am i exclusively spawning on my teammates while they are mid gunfight? not even exaggerating, out of the like 9 games i played i only got like 4 semi-safe spawns.

Which game? All of them? I haven't really had that issue.

Not that I mind playing against bots (EZ STATS), but wow do my teammates and enemies suck dick. Even in ranked. I don't get this matching system but keep it, lmao.

y1uvCgP.png

Working well here in Sweden too so should be good in all of Europe, after around 5PM CEST u get matches in like 10-15 sec.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It should be reverted. No idea how that was put into the game. Ogre 2 when he was streaming earlier was talking about the quick camo pickup, the red name stays above the player for an additional second or two, essentially ruining the quick camo pickup.

The developers decided to add red names, because it "brings H:CE into line with other Halo games." As far as the red names staying above your head when you quick camo, that was a glitch that had mostly been fixed in MCC with previous patches, but this latest patch screwed that up. Unfortunately, red names make it even easier for you to be spotted when you are supposed to be invisible.

The camo issue, along with the fact that you can no longer use an AR to shoot power ups down on Rat Race indicates that they used an earlier build of MCC as the starting point for this latest patch. 

You can add this to list of stuff that was unfixed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulHeartlessCaribouDogFace

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe I'm just a sheep or just completely clueless but overall Halo 2 has not felt bad really at all, at least compared to the feelings of others. Shots are registering just fine and the overall gameplay feels solid. Had maybe one or two times the aiming has felt off but other than that no major complaints from me

• Upvote (+1) 2