CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not much about H1 has changed. Still trash shotty and PR, blank rockets and nades and melees, spawn sounds, etc. The only marginal improvement is shot registration and it's still shakey. Theres about a half reticle lead sometimes and other times its pure hitscan. Definitely not enough difference to change peoples opinion to play MCC.

Edit: I just saw stunt man in the beach lan chat mention that postums said that H1 players should be excited for the next update because netcode is getting a complete overhaul and this update only has a few marginal improvements. So I guess we still gotta wait.

Yeah I went in Postums discord and said you know a lot of people are losing faith in H1 being fixed given the lack of known issues on the waypoint post and just generally how H1 was ignored in insider. Here's what he said:

"So for those that are losing confidence specifically for H1 and 343 making adjustments (or lack there of) in the current build.

The next insider build will be your friend.

Timing is why H1 stuff was not present. We were hoping it to get in build sooner, but there is a lot of things we have touched in H1 specifically.

Quite a few fixes were ready, but the build cutoff date is what made the H1 stuff fall off the notes."

Really disappointed that they couldn't get this stuff in just a bit sooner but I am cautiously optimistic. One thing I can say about Tyler is he's never just outright lied about something like this before. Sometimes I'll ask questions and he'll be vague if he can't really answer or give me the answer we want. But if he says something will happen then it's come through almost every time.

Only time it didn't was he said they tested kill penalty in CE playlist settings and fixed it before the patch, yet its still present lmao. Don't worry, he's aware, baffled that it's still there and said they will rebuild tomorrow to fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't know if it's just me but man is H2 awful right now. Hit detection is horrendous, much worse than before the patch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kind of mediocre. Halo 2 especially was really, really bad. Is classic Halo becoming less enjoyable or something? I've had a few games now, some pretty good, some eh, like usual, but I'd be lying if I said this has rekindled interest in Halo for me. Nothing had a 'wow' factor outside a few matches of CE doubles that played to the end.

I'm a bit concerned as well, because it feels less about 343 and more like the games themselves are just plain annoying in some major areas. Were grenades always this bad? Was melee range always this inconsistent? Was the BR always the worst weapon Bungie ever conceived? (now it doesn't seem to be fun to use either, which was previously its main saving grace)

People have reported quite a few bugs that have been in MCC since day one that may be affecting the experience, and yes, they are still there, but I'm past all that now, and it feels like I've been putting these games on a serious pedastal.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Don't know if it's just me but man is H2 awful right now. Hit detection is horrendous, much worse than before the patch.

H2C was also broken @ insider.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: I just saw stunt man in the beach lan chat mention that postums said that H1 players should be excited for the next update because netcode is getting a complete overhaul and this update only has a few marginal improvements. So I guess we still gotta wait.

"So for those that are losing confidence specifically for H1 and 343 making adjustments (or lack there of) in the current build.

The next insider build will be your friend.

Timing is why H1 stuff was not present. We were hoping it to get in build sooner, but there is a lot of things we have touched in H1 specifically.

Quite a few fixes were ready, but the build cutoff date is what made the H1 stuff fall off the notes."

Oooo...

H1 hit detection in matchmaking is really bad.  There always seems to be 1 player that can hit anything/eats shots too.  Its nice when its you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm also able to play MCC so it looks like its starting to come back up:

H1 hit detection in matchmaking is really bad.  There always seems to be 1 player that can hit anything/eats shots too.  Its nice when its you.

Same goes for H2C and H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe it's just me, but long range battles in CE tend to be a bit better then they used to be. But that's about the only improvement. There's still hit detection issues, though I was playing matches while still downloading the rest of the patch. So I can't really say if that's a normal thing.

I know some people don't really mess with the campaigns, but I do remember co-op in H3 and ODST being trash before the patch. Anyone get a chance to test it out?

So the servers went down or something?

Do you have RyanW blocked? He literally posted a tweet a couple comments above yours from Sketch saying they're having server issues.

Do you have RyanW blocked? He literally posted a tweet a couple comments above yours from Sketch saying they're having server issues.

when I log onto website it gives me the page I last commented on and sometimes that’s not the latest page.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Same goes for H2C and H3.

I'll have to play some H3.  I really don't see how it could have gotten worse from the Flight, which was loads better than retail at the time.