CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I really hope they don't actually go through with adding Halo: Reach. That would be ridiculous. Just focus on what's in the collection and fix them plz.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'll give multiplayer a miss until the weekend I think, might give this 4K60fps campaign a crack.

its not even gunna be one day dude

"In the coming days, as more players install the update, the title arrives on Xbox Game Pass, and the online population grows - MCC’s Matchmaking Playlists will expand to the following:"

From the Waypoint post.

Not much about H1 has changed. Still trash shotty and PR, blank rockets and nades and melees, spawn sounds, etc. The only marginal improvement is shot registration and it's still shakey. Theres about a half reticle lead sometimes and other times its pure hitscan. Definitely not enough difference to change peoples opinion to play MCC.

Edit: I just saw stunt man in the beach lan chat mention that postums said that H1 players should be excited for the next update because netcode is getting a complete overhaul and this update only has a few marginal improvements. So I guess we still gotta wait.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I really hope they don't actually go through with adding Halo: Reach. That would be ridiculous. Just focus on what's in the collection and fix them plz.

I bet they would not even give us NBNS anyway  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not much about H1 has changed. Still trash shotty and PR, blank rockets and nades and melees, spawn sounds, etc. The only marginal improvement is shot registration and it's still shakey. Theres about a half reticle lead sometimes and other times its pure hitscan. Definitely not enough difference to change peoples opinion to play MCC.

Its pretty sad that they could not fix even shotty and pr. Hope for harder fixes like shot lead will seem impossible now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about the ppl who dont have MCC? Are they gonna have to download the game then download the update? My friend got a new XBOX so I was wondering.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, A few thoughts from my games today after not playing classic Halo since 2014, and before that probably 2010:

• I love CE, but my god the spawns are GARBAGE. On RatRace I spawned on nades SEVEN TIMES. I don't remember it being that bad, even with random teammates. Plus I'm pretty sure the portals are fucked up, because if I went in and stopped moving while in the portal itself, every time I'd move forward (not completely out of the portal and back in it) it would send me back through. It was so weird.
  • Everyone Quits CE dubs and it's to 50 lol.
  • The aiming is completely different and I couldn't get used to it. I went 2 and 12 on H2C team snipers because of it. I'm trash but I'm not 2 and 12 trash. Yikes.
  • H3 BR still terrible confirmed.
  • I liked the new UI and HDR settings and the options to install only what I wanted.

Overall, I have to say, while I had fun it was definitely getting on my nerves at times.I think I may have had rose coloured glasses or something because obviously I still prefer classic Halo, I didn't haave anywhere near as fun as I used to :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about the ppl who dont have MCC? Are they gonna have to download the game then download the update? My friend got a new XBOX so I was wondering.

When they buy it digitally, it will just be the 73GB file. If they have a disc, it should prompt them to immediately update rather than waste time installing the old data on the disc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't seen so many people online in MCC since night one.  Funniest thing I saw on the roster tonight is @@MultiLockOn's clan tag: [CE or bust]

he was in a H3 game ;)

unknown.png

Almost four years later we're at like 70% fixed after they waited 2.5 to admit the game was broken even though it was obvious since day one. They deserve ZERO praise

• Upvote (+1) 3

The lag I’m getting feels like a red bar in MW2. Been like that every game I’ve played of CE so far. Can’t really say I’m surprised lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

red bar in MW2. 

Dear god red bar MW2. Also known as "The Australian experience"

• Upvote (+1) 4

So my update is 85% done, says it's ready to start, and crashes when trying to open it. Anybody else have an issue mid-update that fixed itself by the end or should I just delete the entire thing and start over?

So my update is 85% done, says it's ready to start, and crashes when trying to open it. Anybody else have an issue mid-update that fixed itself by the end or should I just delete the entire thing and start over?

Yeah I did. Worked for a while, had to get kids dinner then it stopped opening. Once it completed I could load it again just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing about 20 CE & H2 games the amount of quitters is insane. Anybody been lagging out? I havent once so I'm just assuming these ppl are quitting.

Turns out the party restriction are for ranked only. Postums just put it in Discord.

unknown.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I did. Worked for a while, had to get kids dinner then it stopped opening. Once it completed I could load it again just fine.

Thanks for the tip, I waited it out and once it hit 100% it launched.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Turns out the party restriction are for ranked only. Postums just put it in Discord.

unknown.png

Love that. I was playing with some friends today and we weren't exactly the most competitive squad and it was a miserable time.

Can't wait for the social lists on Wednesday.

Is anybody actually streaming/going to stream CE and/or H2? All I'm seeing are people streaming the 3rd best Halo game like it hasn't been available for 11 years already.

• Upvote (+1) 7