CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Down my d00d.

Guys if anyone wants to run some 2v2 HCE Insider customs add me BR N00b (zeroes no 0's), or Og Nick.

bet

• Downvote (-1) 1

UK boi here.

Hard to find games, and the servers aren't the best, but better than retail. But you'd expect one major hiccup each game session if you play for sessions of 2 hours or less.

But, I wouldn't buy an Xbox until Sep 15th, 2 weeks after the update, people will obviously think the update would have fixed everything for the first few days, but it'll take 2 weeks for it to sink in. 

Remain 100% skeptical.

Good advice. I hope the UK pop doesn't get shafted.

Those of you saying the h2 spawns are messed up need to start getting the attention of postums or dersky. Kornman did something to fix the spawn system for the insider version. I guarantee you 343 considers that issue fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How would you guys feel about condensing the Plasma Pistol and The Needler into one weapon?

You could toggle the new Plasma Pistol between firing fully automatic, low damage projectiles that home in on enemies or charging then firing a single projectile that homes in and deshields?

The Plasma Pistol’s primary fire is rarely used, and the Needler is pretty weak on its own so why not turn two crappy weapons into one decent weapon.

How would you guys feel about condensing the Plasma Pistol and The Needler into one weapon?

You could toggle the new Plasma Pistol between firing fully automatic, low damage projectiles that home in on enemies or charging then firing a single projectile that homes in and deshields?

The Plasma Pistol’s primary fire is rarely used, and the Needler is pretty weak on its own so why not turn two crappy weapons into one decent weapon.

You're fooling nobody, Randy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please stop filling this thread with terrible ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Distance from other players really messes with customs. Played @@Silos and his friend from the same town, @@Apoll0 from the opposite side of the continent, and me from Texas, and the connection when I was host was hot trash. We swapped to @@Silos host and it was overall "better" but still not good. 

Hang'em High on shoddy connection is still the absolute worst though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Distance from other players really messes with customs. Played @@Silos and his friend from the same town, @@Apoll0 from the opposite side of the continent, and me from Texas, and the connection when I was host was hot trash. We swapped to @@Silos host and it was overall "better" but still not good. 

I swear, the better your connection to the host the worse your shots register. Chilled last night was having issues as well the moment we switched hosts. Watching some Halo 1 streams, some people have said their shots register more when playing off a phone connection than their home network. The whole system is goofy.

Still had fun though! Good games last night. Sorry for disconnecting from Creek at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The difference from the first time we played hang em and the second from their host was night and day.

I swear, the better your connection to the host the worse your shots register. Chilled last night was having issues as well the moment we switched hosts. Watching some Halo 1 streams, some people have said their shots register more when playing off a phone connection than their home network. The whole system is goofy.

Still had fun though! Good games last night. Sorry for disconnecting from Creek at the end.

The DC was fine.

I never should have played the second series to begin with lol. I was ready to chuck my Xbox out the window when you DCd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

His idea isn't all that bad if were talking about halo infinite. but at the same time the Plasma pistol has its niche role. Its meant for destroying shields, not damage! We dont want halo 5 all over where every weapon someone picks Is capable of killing. Niche roles are important for halos sandbox. Hce implented this the best, more or less h2 and h3 but it did do it somewhat. Reach not really, and h4 and h5 not at all, in fact the PP was the worse weappn ever in h4. 

That's been a thing since launch. Just still better on insider. I wouldn't have finished the Hang'em High game on retail, guaranteed. 

Can anyone confirm if custom game browser and/or join-in-progress for customs are a thing? Or 1v1 sitout on H2?

Can anyone confirm if custom game browser and/or join-in-progress for customs are a thing? Or 1v1 sitout on H2?

Custom games browser is coming in a future patch. Join-in-progress customs are available now.

H2C has a custom game option for "Max active players" which I assume allows for 1v1 sitouts.

• Upvote (+1) 3

sweet. Downloading now.  Hopefully CE feels better on dedi's in 3 days when the download is finished.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Custom games browser is coming in a future patch. Join-in-progress customs are available now.

H2C has a custom game option for "Max active players" which I assume allows for 1v1 sitouts.

Thanks.

Once the game hits "ready to start" you can launch it and then select which games etc you actually want to download. Which will speed up the process.

• Upvote (+1) 3