CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Footsteps, medals, music when the game is nearly over:

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

Everything else looks utterly brilliant honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anybody else wonder where Kevin Franklin is right now while all this is happening? lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anybody else wonder where Kevin Franklin is right now while all this is happening? lol

#freekevinfranklin

• Upvote (+1) 3

Things I hope change/fix for the release of H2A:

- Hitmarkers (okay for Weapons, bad for grenades)

- Sniper audio

- Remove Halo 4 medals

- Fix texture lighting glitches

- Remove lift in Shotgun Sanc (probably won't happen)

- Fix red X's (as of Gamescom build, they track the players dead body like the Halo 4 white x's)

- Thin down unnecessary medals (Comeback, Reload, Kill)

• Upvote (+1) 5

- Sniper audio

- Remove Halo 4 medals

- Fix red X's (as of Gamescom build, they track the players dead body like the Halo 4 white x's)

Along with those I hope they get rid of seeing the opposing team's names through walls.

Along with those I hope they get rid of seeing the opposing team's names through walls.

Lol that's definitely a bug.

Jk Promethean vision 2.0 confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol that's definitely a bug.

Jk Promethean vision 2.0 confirmed.

Lol if it makes it through to the full game, my rage will be unprecedented.

- Sniper audio

- Remove Halo 4 medals

Hope they change announcer voice back to OG H2's. :( I don't wanna hear him shout out OVERSHIELD! every time. Also the music when there's 5 kills until the end of the game. That needs to go.

lmao, i thought the banshee was shit in hr/h4. it's absolutely worthless in h2a

It was a glass cannon in Reach, if you could use it well, you could wreck shop but it has no health.

It was shit in H4 because everyone could spawn with a PP and stickies.

- Sniper audio
- Remove Halo 4 medals

the sniper sounded like it shot out rockets lol

Pisses me off to see kids ranting in the chat over the stupid, littlest things.

Basically everything infinity listed is what those guys were complaining about. I don't think asking for less medals or the og halo 2 ones are stupid, little things. Footsteps being too loud aren't stupid, little things. Hitmarkers on grenades aren't stupid, little things.

don't forget how the entire community complaining changed a decent amount of halo 4. We should never be complacent if things aren't good enough or changed for the worst.

• Upvote (+1) 6

the sniper sounded like it shot out rockets lol

Basically everything infinity listed is what those guys were complaining about. I don't think asking for less medals or the og halo 2 ones are stupid, little things. Footsteps being too loud aren't stupid, little things. Hitmarkers on grenades aren't stupid, little things.

don't forget how the entire community complaining changed a decent amount of halo 4. We should never be complacent if things aren't good enough or changed for the worst.

Pretty much this.

Some people don't know how to word criticism and it comes out as bashing and being ungrateful. There will always be those type of kids, no matter what game or what stream you're in. Everyone with half a brain cell is grateful for MCC but we don't wanna settle at better than average. If everyone had the mindset that it's 'decent' so we'll just let it go, 343 would have nothing to work towards. There needs to be those people constantly pushing for more, getting the best experience we can possibly get. As long as it's not outright bashing, it's fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

-Games were abit campy, shit is spawning too slow again (I think that 1 layer OS is at 150s, should be down to 60s like in H2).

-They arent engaging because the BR is too easy to use, and becomes about who sees who first. Magnetism is far too high.

-Sniper ROF too fast when the BR got slowed down

-Fuck off glare

-Footsteps too loud

-You can hear somebody picking up a power up from a mile away

-Carbine is useless.

• Upvote (+1) 6

games were slow but they were only 2v2.

Ascension 2v2 is just never going to work, and Sanc is known for being a slow TS map.

Was there a reason they chose 2v2 over 4v4? Because it was the wrong choice IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope they change announcer voice back to OG H2's. :( I don't wanna hear him shout out OVERSHIELD! every time. Also the music when there's 5 kills until the end of the game. That needs to go.

They will most likely re-record his voice overs. Overshield! Needs to go, but I'm actually a fan of 5 kills remaining. Adds hype for me, and let's me know when the game is coming to an end if I'm immersed too deeply in the game.

games were slow but they were only 2v2.

Ascension 2v2 is just never going to work, and Sanc is known for being a slow TS map.

Was there a reason they chose 2v2 over 4v4? Because it was the wrong choice IMO.

With the removal of Banshee and Shotgun, and maybe make it with just ONE sniper near the banshee plat, then remove radar, I could see Ascension 2v2 working.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ascension needs a camo and abit more cover to work. The two towers offer far too many viewpoints of the map. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ascension needs a camo and abit more cover to work. The two towers offer far too many viewpoints of the map.

One or no Sniper would help the campiness also.

Edit: Just thought about how the generator is accessible from all around the map. Perhaps an OS top mid?

Would either be awkward or actually useful

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Also they should just bring back Halo 3's death animations, they were pretty unique. Dat backflip when sniped! Also, they need some death cry's back too, has anyone heard any on the H2A gameplays? :/

It just looks bad... lol

But yeah, I loved the H2/H3 ragdoll, headshot back-flip. And wow, now that you mentioned it, I never even noticed that Halo 4 didn't have the death screams! Haven't heard any in any of the gameplay's yet either, unfortunately...

I would think something was wrong if people weren't complaining in a twitch chat, lol.

I agree with the complaints already listed. I was curious about the Banshee though. Did they disable the flips and barrel rolls on it for the demos? In all the gameplay videos, I've only seen people moving it from side to side.

Footsteps, medals, music when the game is nearly over:

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

Everything else looks utterly brilliant honestly.

The loud footsteps turned online h4 doubles and singles into a sound whoring game. At AGL you really couldn't hear it as well, same with jetpacks in Halo reach. Either way, it's really something that shouldn't be in the game along with nade hit markers. 

• Upvote (+1) 3