CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You're the only one saying this.

I can back it up. However, it might be a server / small pop issue, because I've had games that felt like LAN but also others that felt like I'm using dial up to connect to a server in Oceania. Let's pray the servers are in good shape for the relaunch
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I can back it up. However, it might be a server / small pop issue, because I've had games that felt like LAN but also others that felt like I'm using dial up to connect to a server in Oceania. Let's pray the servers are in good shape for the relaunch

I was just going by the comments I've been reading on waypoint on how the hit registration is vastly improved in Insider. I think I'll be fine because I'm in the states. I will be using my 360 controller via controller converter, so hoping for the best when it comes to aiming. Can't wait for that H3 BTB:)

I was just going by the comments I've been reading on waypoint on how the hit registration is vastly improved in Insider. I think I'll be fine because I'm in the states. I will be using my 360 controller via controller converter, so hoping for the best when it comes to aiming. Can't wait for that H3 BTB:)

Which controller converter do you have? I'm looking to pick one up soon.

Bruh mcc insider h3 is amazing hit reg wise. You must have garbage internet or something. Or your ping is 300 one or the other because most say it’s amazing, lol Ace went as far and said it’s better than Lan.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Bruh mcc insider h3 is amazing hit reg wise. You must have garbage internet or something. Or your ping is 300 one or the other because most say it’s amazing, lol Ace went as far and said it’s better than Lan.

Never cite Ace as a source for anything lmao that man is clueless
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I doubt it's better than lan. Lan us pretty much as good as it can get connection wise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

None of the games are fixed yet; HCE shotgun is borked, hit reg changes from game 2 game and there's a reload bug, but overall it's the title I've had least problems with, H2C is pretty much broken all around; hit reg is the worst of the 3, spawns are broken and it's laggy overall. H3 hit reg is worse than original MCC & OG H3, ghost melees are common af(gotten 2 in a row while assassinating a guy), at times when you have 2 grenades you throw both of them in 1 throw and the same goes for rockets, the sensitivity is also broken. Calling H2 & H3 fixed is just wrong, I know because I've played a ton of games on them in the insider build, I should note that HCE is my least played of the 3 because finding games for it takes ages so haven't had that much time to see what makes it "broken AF," especially in comparison to the mess that is H2C.

Haha what. Where do you live, what's your connection and is it wired?

CE clearly still has the most bugs. Like not just hit reg problems (which it still has) but clearly identifiable bugs, ie the AR literally does not damage shins in any circumstance, not to mention less critical differences from the OG Xbox game such as sounds and HUD and maps.

Pretty much the only issues I've heard about or witnessed in h2 or 3 are rare hit registration issues which in an online game are always going to be hit and miss no matter what game it is, and in the Halo 2 I heard the spawns don't work the same as OG but I do seem to recall kornman specifically addressing it in a dev blog so I'm confident it'll be fixed.

Pretty much the only issues I've heard about or witnessed in h2 or 3 are rare hit registration issues which in an online game are always going to be hit and miss no matter what game it is, and in the Halo 2 I heard the spawns don't work the same as OG but I do seem to recall kornman specifically addressing it in a dev blog so I'm confident it'll be fixed.

Color me crazy but I've always had a problem with H2's hit registration for the game. I've barely played the OG version so I can't really compare between MCC, Vista, or OG. My experience is that I will constantly land bullets with my BR and players would constantly eat, and melee lunges are complete ass and don't register half of the time. Keep in mind I have 100mb down so hit connection shouldn't be a problem on my part. Even played the insider program, and really, I couldn't see a difference.

H3's hit registration for me hasn't been as much of an issue, so I can't say a whole lot there.

Cool thanks

As another suggestion, try 8bitdo's wireless adapters. If you have other controllers laying around that's not for xbox, try giving this a shot.

Bad thing however is that you're going to have to give the device a firmware update, and a 360 controllers are not compatible.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-Nintendo-Switch-Raspberry/dp/B0786JC6VW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534917347&sr=8-5&keywords=8bitdo

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is the patch confirmed for September 1st when it launches on Gamepass? Or do we think the patch will launch before it goes on gamepass?

So is the patch confirmed for September 1st when it launches on Gamepass? Or do we think the patch will launch before it goes on gamepass?

Sep 1.

Nothing like pre ordering a game and getting it 4 years later.

imagine being the idiot that purchased a brand new xbox one for $700 NZD and pre-ordering MCC for another $109 and well as a second controller for split-screen!

wait no fuck im that idiot

• Upvote (+1) 9

Ace also said party restrictions are bad and 343 still added them to MCC so bottom line even 343 isn't as clueless as Ace lmao. The dude just talks out of his ass 24/7.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've only managed to play H3 on the insider but from my experience connections and registration have been weird. Super good and reliable in most games with the BR but then sniping I get significantly more bloodshots than I am used to. I remember getting them back on the 360 but it feels super frequent. Also I am hoping that the connections stay stable when the populations are larger, I have noticed my games are often filled with people really close by. Me and some other people in the UK even started a party chat and searched individually at the same time as we weren't finding games searching together as a party of 4 to see if we would end up in the same game and we all did.

I have seen Ogre 2 streaming CE on insider and complaining a lot about hit registration and other issues. I am kind of worried they are going to do what they did at launch and promote the hell out of the game and then leave it with whatever issues it has once they cash in.

Remember these people promised dedicated servers 4 years ago and took your money knowing the game was broken.

Edit: Just read a bunch of comments on Reddit about how the insider program is flawless.

Never cite Ace as a source for anything lmao that man is clueless

A regularly MCC player: "Yea, we need party matching, it benefits the game in so many ways"

Ace: "Tell that to the covenant."

• Upvote (+1) 5

He also defended H3 hit reg in retail MCC.

I believe he also said something to the effect that the random spread adds to the skill and you just have to get used to it. Get used... to randomness 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ace also said party restrictions are bad and 343 still added them to MCC so bottom line even 343 isn't as clueless as Ace lmao. The dude just talks out of his ass 24/7.

I only took his word since he’s a pro and has played plenty h3 lan to recognize the significant difference I guess.

I've only managed to play H3 on the insider but from my experience connections and registration have been weird. Super good and reliable in most games with the BR but then sniping I get significantly more bloodshots than I am used to. I remember getting them back on the 360 but it feels super frequent. Also I am hoping that the connections stay stable when the populations are larger, I have noticed my games are often filled with people really close by. Me and some other people in the UK even started a party chat and searched individually at the same time as we weren't finding games searching together as a party of 4 to see if we would end up in the same game and we all did.

I have seen Ogre 2 streaming CE on insider and complaining a lot about hit registration and other issues. I am kind of worried they are going to do what they did at launch and promote the hell out of the game and then leave it with whatever issues it has once they cash in.

Remember these people promised dedicated servers 4 years ago and took your money knowing the game was broken.

Edit: Just read a bunch of comments on Reddit about how the insider program is flawless.

I swear they announced a long time ago they’re going to continue to work on mcc, the insider was to ensure the first update they make fixes a decent portion of the game.

everytime someone says something about the insider or brings up a video to demonstrate how shit the insider is for h2, the person gets downvoted, but a significant backing upvotes him and can see why he posts it to reddit as well.

To remind these people, that just because we've been given a community test environment just like the BF games have, doesn't mean we gonna get a fixed MCC, we have to keep showing that, for us to make progress, we need to be reminding everyone the state we are in. 

• Upvote (+1) 2