CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If we're posting random ideas now, here's a thought I had lately as an alternative to damage boost that doesn't break the sandbox:

You know in Halo you universally cannot damage health through shields, while in CSGO every weapon has its own armor penetration value? How about we add a powerup, let's call it armor penetration for simplicity's sake that ups the armor penetration of weapons, therefore enabling headshot capable weapons to do bonus damage even to shielded players. Would obviously not affect the sniper outside of OS players. Cool or stupid?

I like this idea and I’ve been thinking about it for a while. Here’s the conclusion I’ve come to. Rather than having a power up that gives all weapons bonus health damage, what about one weapon that only damages health. Like a Forerunner Pistol, it’s semi auto and not headshot capable but deals all damage directly to health. It could be interesting because it puts you on your own in a gunfight. Shots from your teammates will only deplete your enemy’s shield which your weapon already ignores. Could be a useful counter to Overshield as well. I’m picturing the weapon with a low damage per shot but a fast rate of fire.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It seemed to already be active in the flight.

Yup - 3's only match 3s and 4's only match 4s from what I can tell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk if its wise to release it with a retail patch if not everything is going to be fixed.... for example if h1 and 2 are still fucked then they're gonna ward off another whole group of players and we'll have to wait for more post launch updates to get the game back to 100%. Lol doesnt that sound familiar

• Upvote (+1) 7

Smh entitled kids nowadays wanting broken games to be fixed within a few months. Do yall open your Christmas presents mid October or what? Smh. Show some patience and gratitude for once.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are they not putting it on Games with Gold first the best way to maximize population growth would be to make it free so everyone can play it then put it on Game pass afterwards so people who didn’t get during the free month can get it for cheap the month after.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are they not putting it on Games with Gold first the best way to maximize population growth would be to make it free so everyone can play it then put it on Game pass afterwards so people who didn’t get during the free month can get it for cheap the month after.

Completely agree. There are 3 big ways to boost the pop:

Games with Gold

New content (Firefight, maybe even Reach?)

Release on PC

Personally I'm just looking forward to a fully functional game with decent playlists and a half decent population. Fingers crossed for the latter. But I think the MCC retail update will kill off what's left of the H5 population. 

I heard from Kinnzee that the retail update will come September first. At least that’s what he had as the title for his stream.if it’s true that’ll be great.(my bad when I loaded up the forums, it didn’t give me the latest page).

They know most people are playing Halo 3 which is fixed. Halo 2 is pretty much fixed, just a couple issues as far as I know.

Halo 1 is still broken AF but they know only a small portion of the community will even notice how bad it truly is. And the people who stay informed will keep up on it and know when to try it again.

But yes they will probably piss a few people off.

Party matching in halo! 8 years it took my friends, but it’s finally RETURNED! Now make sure this system is in INfinite 343 don’t be stupid! So far variant 2 is better if population remains low, but for most part variant 1 is my cup of tea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They know most people are playing Halo 3 which is fixed. Halo 2 is pretty much fixed, just a couple issues as far as I know.

Halo 1 is still broken AF but they know only a small portion of the community will even notice how bad it truly is. And the people who stay informed will keep up on it and know when to try it again.

I’ve been wanting to know what these issues are? Like can you specifically tell? It’s fair to note ce was played entirely on Lan and XBC, so what fixes are we looking at? Also h3 is the most popular halo to date currently so it makes sense that was given top priority.

why should you have to take a loss if you're down 2 teammates?

Wait a minute you’re still around ?? Shittttt man, remember seeing your username and picture back on the mlg forums. Honestly first time I’ve seen your name on here.

Wait a minute you’re still around ?? Shittttt man, remember seeing your username and picture back on the mlg forums. Honestly first time I’ve seen your name on here.

I stop by now and again. I couldn't play much at university but now I have some evenings and weekends free. How could I leave a community passionate enough to argue about halo for nearly 2 decades

• Upvote (+1) 5

I’ve been wanting to know what these issues are? Like can you specifically tell? It’s fair to note ce was played entirely on Lan and XBC, so what fixes are we looking at? Also h3 is the most popular halo to date currently so it makes sense that was given top priority.

http://www.halobugs.com/

• Upvote (+1) 2

None of the games are fixed yet; HCE shotgun is borked, hit reg changes from game 2 game and there's a reload bug, but overall it's the title I've had least problems with, H2C is pretty much broken all around; hit reg is the worst of the 3, spawns are broken and it's laggy overall. H3 hit reg is worse than original MCC & OG H3, ghost melees are common af(gotten 2 in a row while assassinating a guy), at times when you have 2 grenades you throw both of them in 1 throw and the same goes for rockets, the sensitivity is also broken. Calling H2 & H3 fixed is just wrong, I know because I've played a ton of games on them in the insider build, I should note that HCE is my least played of the 3 because finding games for it takes ages so haven't had that much time to see what makes it "broken AF," especially in comparison to the mess that is H2C.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Because they don't care about maximizing population.  They care about selling Game Pass.

None of the games are fixed yet; HCE shotgun is borked, hit reg changes from game 2 game and there's a reload bug, but overall it's the title I've had least problems with, H2C is pretty much broken all around; hit reg is the worst of the 3, spawns are broken and it's laggy overall. H3 hit reg is worse than original MCC & OG H3, ghost melees are common af(gotten 2 in a row while assassinating a guy), at times when you have 2 grenades you throw both of them in 1 throw and the same goes for rockets, the sensitivity is also broken. Calling H2 & H3 fixed is just wrong, I know because I've played a ton of games on them in the insider build, I should note that HCE is my least played of the 3 because finding games for it takes ages so haven't had that much time to see what makes it "broken AF," especially in comparison to the mess that is H2C.

I am not sure how anybody could think that H3 hit reg is worse than retail MCC....  You either live 40 hops away from the closest server or you never played MCC H3 lol.  H3 hit reg is LOADS better than MCC.  Hopefully you are just victim to the fact that they are using a small subset of the servers the last i heard and it will get better with the retail re-launch.

Halo 2 hit reg is straight garbage though. I don't think they have really touched that game.  The biggest issue i have had is that games have been starting 3v4 without a quitter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Smh entitled kids nowadays wanting broken games to be fixed within a few months. Do yall open your Christmas presents mid October or what? Smh. Show some patience and gratitude for once.

inb4 r/halo users upvote this unironically 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Completely agree. There are 3 big ways to boost the pop:

Games with Gold

New content (Firefight, maybe even Reach?)

Release on PC

Personally I'm just looking forward to a fully functional game with decent playlists and a half decent population. Fingers crossed for the latter. But I think the MCC retail update will kill off what's left of the H5 population. 

They could learn from the data centre technology Titanfall 2 has to make sure, even to this day you find games within seconds, even with a very low population. 

And their network system, if people want to search a game in a group, everyone in that network is notified IN GAME.