CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How are people finding sensitivity in MCC Insider? I've found I've had to drop from a 3 to a 2. Is this a change in code or just me coming back after a while and my aim being shit?

They said aiming is untouched but that dedis and improved performance may make the aiming feel more responsive and different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They said aiming is untouched but that dedis and improved performance may make the aiming feel more responsive and different.

I dont know shit about it but my Placebo is that the Aim speed feels doubled by the 60 fps jump, maybe it isnt, but since they havent really touched the aim code, it would seem to me that the Aim feels twice as strong on a specific setting as it did with 30 fps. this doesnt explain halo 5 but it may be similar. I was always pretty comfortable with 4 back in the day and Now i play on straight up 2 and havent looked back for a second. and 10 Sens feels almost CoD 14 speed. maybe a brain thing

• Upvote (+1) 1

The lower the ping the faster it will seem. Online Halo always felt sluggish compared to LAN. On the host box it always felt even faster. I'd have to adjust one sensitivity when going from XBL > LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why didn’t you like it?

it has the "press x to not die" problem. Speed boost is better because you have to b line and you cant change direction and max speed is slower. Evade can dodge grenades and rockets and its even harder to shoot. And i know this is changable but evade has no limit and nonvisible indicator

Halo's gameplay needs to be optimized first before we start thinking about reinventing trash like hardlight shields.

343 has 300+ employees they can damn well do both

Although releasing between cod was dumb but still. And I’m curious did anything I list seem off?

custom server browser, map editor like the one released for halo pc, file share that you can browse while searching mm and pre game lobby. The "party bar" that shows who is partied up. Only match parties. Exp system like halo 3's but make both playlist xp and regular xp seeable in lobby. 3 loses for quitting out and -3 xp. Double xp. Show win/loss on service record for both social and ranked. Dedis for mm. Cross game and possibly/optional more aim assist on cross game games or just have it be balanced in general. Return ghost jumping but make it so its a forge option (you choose what is ghost jumpable). Equipment returns for custom games. AAs are now equipment or powerups and are in custom games/action sack. UI is snappy. Party mm. Get rewarded req packs for winning but make opening them not a pain. No buyable req packs but you can buy all the rewards. Rewards would be skins. Skins like Final boss, mlg, classic weapons. Add 343 favorites every month.

Edit: cant pull ips. Everything is on a server. Forget if you said have a lan mode. Split screen up to 8 players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it has the "press x to not die" problem. Speed boost is better because you have to b line and you cant change direction and max speed is slower. Evade can dodge grenades and rockets and its even harder to shoot. And i know this is changable but evade has no limit and nonvisible indicator

You could give it a time limit and add a purple glow to the guy using it, no problem.

It’s kinda crazy that you think Speedboost is better because it hinders your ability to change direction. Why would anyone fight over a power up that makes their strafe worse?

Yes, a decent player may be able to dodge a rocket. But that’s because he possesses an equivalent power up. Is it also unfair that a Camo guy is harder to snipe? No because he has an equivalent power up.

It’s not like this is an off spawn ability. The enemy secured a power up. They should gain something from it.

It’s not like what you guys want is even that hard to make, gameplay wise. Accurate, low aim assist, projectile utility weapon with a ~1.0 second kill time. A clean, crisp strafe. Static weapon timers. Good arena maps. Power ups that don’t require an animation to activate. Classic gametypes.

I would honestly prefer is they started with zbns Reach and modified that with a better strafe, static timers, etc. At least it has a good UI and tons of gametypes already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

custom server browser, map editor like the one released for halo pc, file share that you can browse while searching mm and pre game lobby. The "party bar" that shows who is partied up. Only match parties. Exp system like halo 3's but make both playlist xp and regular xp seeable in lobby. 3 loses for quitting out and -3 xp. Double xp. Show win/loss on service record for both social and ranked. Dedis for mm. Cross game and possibly/optional more aim assist on cross game games or just have it be balanced in general. Return ghost jumping but make it so its a forge option (you choose what is ghost jumpable). Equipment returns for custom games. AAs are now equipment or powerups and are in custom games/action sack. UI is snappy. Party mm. Get rewarded req packs for winning but make opening them not a pain. No buyable req packs but you can buy all the rewards. Rewards would be skins. Skins like Final boss, mlg, classic weapons. Add 343 favorites every month.

Edit: cant pull ips. Everything is on a server. Forget if you said have a lan mode. Split screen up to 8 players.

splitscreen 8 players TF?

The console has two HDMI ports, why can't they make it so it can hook up to two tvs and have 4 players per TV?

• Upvote (+1) 3

How are people finding sensitivity in MCC Insider? I've found I've had to drop from a 3 to a 2. Is this a change in code or just me coming back after a while and my aim being shit?

I dropped from a 4 to 2 in H3, Halo 1 I stayed at 4, and I haven't played any of the others. Not sure what's happening, I believe Postums said aiming hasn't been changed but I've heard several people say they needed to lower their sensitivity.

I dont htink its about top speed as im pretty sure thats the same, i think its about input lag.  IDK what the programmed deadzones are, but i know the xbone controller has smaller deadzones in general.  The bump from 30 to 60fps cut 16ms off the time it takes to see your stick deflection on screen.  Improved hit detection can make things feel snappier since you aren't forced to over-correct all the time.  A few little things that come along with updated technology can add up to make this stuff happen even if they didn't touch the aiming algorithms at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The console has two HDMI ports, why can't they make it so it can hook up to two tvs and have 4 players per TV?

that’s not what I meant lol. And also because Xbox itself has not implemented the code into the system. Also one hdmi is meant for monitor the other TV. Also I thought he meant 8 player splitscreen on the same TV.

because one is hdmi in

My biggest issues with Evade in v6 were that it was unlimited until you die, and there was no visual cue that your opponent had it. If you fix both of those (#of uses, or 45 seconds of Reach-style use with cooldowns...making player glow purple), I could be on board with it. It shouldn’t be an every-map thing though. Maps should be made with it in mind, with routes that are only accessible with it. Someone had a low tunnel idea. I love that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

While this would be insanely cool, the Xbox One us such an underpowered piece of garbage that there's no way in hell that is feasible. We're lucky if the next game has 2 player split screen that doesn't run like total shit (*ahem* Reach, H4, H2A *ahem*), I mean H5 can't even hold a steady framerate on fullscreen as is lmao.

I'd really love if console games started incorporating graphics settings, another advantage PC has. Just give me a "potato mode" that offers a steady framerate and removes all shiny surfaces, post processing and dynamic light nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

why not. Would Suck if you need 2 tvs and 2 xboxs to play a 4v4. With 8 player splitscreen, you dont need to plan out a lan. Got 6 people over after a night out? Lets play halo! Also tvs are big enough now that 4 player splitscreen would be bigger than the first tv i played halo on.

Dude I just played TF2 for shits and giggles today after like a year break. The game is so much fun as a pilot, but the Titans really drag the game down. Titan vs Pilot interactions are badly designed with lock on bullshit, emp grenades and cloak on the pilot side and nothing but instakill weapons for titans. Titan vs Titan fights are awful as well, because the only strategy is to hold your teammates hands and teamshot enemy titans. 1v1s are trash because every titan has like 3 defensive abilities. And don't even get me started on afwul shit like the nuclear ejection and the invincibility during takedown animations lmao.

TF is the epitome of great concept, awful exection. The campaign was absolutely stellar in every way though. I might get TF3 just for that.

Yup, also looking forwards to that Star Wars game from them that they announced the name of at E3 by having the CEO say it in the crowd for some reason. Campaign was top 2 best FPS campaigns in the past decade or so alongside DOOM 2016(sequel looks slower due to the decreased base movement speed, but will probably be as good.)

And got my first guy who teamshoots you when you're low shields to kill you while not getting the betrayal and such stuff, idk why they're in the insider build? Is there a way to get them off it if they're only trying to get their teammates kicked & lose? Seems weird that they're doing it given the circumstances.

E: Team Hardcore H3 & HCE Dubbs replaced for ranked H3 Dubbs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else worried that when the patch launches for retail MCC, but they keep the 'test realm' running it may split the community? especially for the 'hardcore' community, would people rather play the polished version or the version with more features? Could affect MM times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else worried that when the patch launches for retail MCC, but they keep the 'test realm' running it may split the community? especially for the 'hardcore' community, would people rather play the polished version or the version with more features? Could affect MM times.

I'm much more worried that they will shut down the test real, dissolve most of the MCC team and switch to tiny updates or just stop entirely. I need that black and white statement "we're not gonna stop until this game is fully fixed" by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd really love if console games started incorporating graphics settings, another advantage PC has. Just give me a "potato mode" that offers a steady framerate and removes all shiny surfaces, post processing and dynamic light nonsense.

If CEA and H2A can do this, I don't see why future Halo games can't.

Come to think of it, does Halo 1 remastered campaign have any framerate issues on Xbox One? A couple of levels dropped frames on the 360 but I don't think I've seen any stuttering in MCC, and I play it a lot.

The amount of employees they have is irrelevant. 343 has not even showcased that they can't even emulate classic Halo properly, let alone apply "new" mechanics without cascading issues. They fail to understand how classic Halo's gameplay and sandbox issues have not been addressed, and how they coincide with modern Halo gameplay/sandbox issues.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Be nice if ce and h2c could get their remastered graphics and sounds in multiplayer.

They already do.... That's what people are pissed off about (remastered sounds in CE suck and H2A just sucks period)

• Upvote (+1) 1

They already do.... That's what people are pissed off about (remastered sounds in CE suck and H2A just sucks period)

I was talking about with toggleable options. There’s a lot of people like myself who like the graphic improvements and even the new sounds aren’t bad at all. Customization is key!