CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

All changes to ce at this point are unintentional. Idk why your hopes are so high. Theyll accidentally make the game work?

Bruh, Halo: CE's multiplayer being so good in the first place was an accident. At this point, who the fuck knows what will happen. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, dedis isn't employed on every MM game @ insider; played a game of Team Hardcore H3, and in the middle of the game a guy quit, which was followed by host migration! The game after that point on was crazy; sometimes you threw 3 grenades instead of 1, when you fired rockets you fired 2 at a time, and the movement was all jittery.

E: oh, and when the game was over all my buttons on my controller wouldn't work lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So, dedis isn't employed on every MM game @ insider; played a game of Team Hardcore H3, and in the middle of the game a guy quit, which was followed by host migration! The game after that point on was crazy; sometimes you threw 3 grenades instead of 1, when you fired rockets you fired 2 at a time, and the movement was all jittery.

E: oh, and when the game was over all my buttons on my controller wouldn't work lol.

Report the lack of dedis on waypoint and using the Xbox reporting system.

We need to flag all of this shit via official channels and let them know its unacceptable.

EDIT: Tyler just told me it's possible the team turned on the fallback system (temporarily is what I think he meant). He will have to confirm with the dev team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone wants to play CE, my GT is: Zandermannnn

I’m pretty bad at this game now though so it might take me a while to get back into form.

Hey there. I was thinking if Halo dropped sprint then Equipment could come back. I think these would be cool. What do you guys think?

Thruster - 3 uses

Jetpack - fuel drains as its used

Hoverboard (single use sprint that you can fire while using) - fuel drains as its used

Hologram - 3 uses

Regen - 1 use

Power Drain - 1 use

Trip Mine - 1 use

Hardlight Shield - fuel drains as its used

Hey there. I was thinking if Halo dropped sprint then Equipment could come back. I think these would be cool. What do you guys think?

Thruster - 3 uses

Hoverboard (single use sprint that you can fire while using) - fuel drains as its used

Hologram - 3 uses

Regen - 1 use

Power Drain - 1 use

Trip Mine - 1 use

https://g.redditmedia.com/tYmolM3-RlbKcp-3rZ3oEVxuU6xKIX4pDT8PUUMd81c.gif?fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=1c65d98caa51d57b3065165f2c875173

Thruster - 3 uses

Hologram - 3 uses

Regen - 1 use

Power Drain - 1 use

Trip Mine - 1 use

Many of these have been shown to be problematic. The only ones I could get behind are Jetpack, a nerfed power drain in and maaaaybe Thruster. All others are either useless (Hologram), slow down the game to a crawl (Hardlight Shield, Regen), have issues with team killing (Tripmine) or just sound tacky (Hoverboard).

And the big question is: why? What do any of those actually add to the game? Jetpack or a double jump powerup could be actually interesting and open up new routes. I'll give you that.

But still like Regens and Hardlight shield are just the epitome of "frustrating to play against" and to be honest they are not even fun to use They are just one dimensional "press X to win" buttons.

I also never liked any sort of Mine or Claymore in any FPS. In CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, whatever. They are always absolutely skill free random pieces of shit that give out free kills.

I'm not totally against the idea of equipment and I would love new and interesting powerups. But let's not bring back things that have had 10 years to prove themselves as detrimental to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Many of these have been shown to be problematic. The only ones I could get behind are Jetpack, a nerfed power drain in and maaaaybe Thruster. All others are either useless (Hologram), slow down the game to a crawl (Hardlight Shield, Regen), have issues with team killing (Tripmine) or just sound tacky (Hoverboard).

I imagine Tripmine and Hoverboard would be exclusive to BTB.

I would think of Hoverboard similarly to the mancannons on Valhalla. Off spawn players could quickly move away from the base but not keep the ability to escape gunfights once they reach the middle of the map.

As for Hologram being useless, I think being able to send three out in rapid succession, in different directions, could definitely help confuse an enemy.

One reason I like Hardlight Shield is to help balance asymmetrical maps. If it’s easier for one team to get rockets the other team can counter with hardlight shield. Plus it would be a good balancing factor for infantry vs vehicles in BTB.

I would think of Hoverboard similarly to the mancannons on Valhalla. Off spawn players could quickly move away from the base but not keep the ability to escape gunfights once they reach the middle of the map.

As for Hologram being useless, I think being able to send three out in rapid succession, in different directions, could definitely help confuse an enemy.

One reason I like Hardlight Shield is to help balance asymmetrical maps. If it’s easier for one team to get rockets the other team can counter with hardlight shield. Plus it would be a good balancing factor for infantry vs vehicles in BTB.

Hoverboard is tacky. Just put in mancannons.

3 rapid holograms would just be 3 times as annoying. Hologram is proven to not work. Having the option to spam it won't suddenly make it better.

Hardlight shield I could see as a deployable map element for larger maps. Not like a powerup though, more as a static map feature with a trigger.

I couldn’t find any videos of good hoverboard gameplay but here is some UT3 to give you a rough idea of what it could look like.

So speedboost. No thanks.

So speedboost. No thanks.

The difference between Speedboost and hoverboard would be that the hoverboard is always moving forward, you just turn left and right whereas with Speedboost you can stop and strafe.

Thruster - 3 uses

Hologram - 3 uses

Regen - 1 use

Power Drain - 1 use

Trip Mine - 1 use

If equipment/AA's are going to come back (and they really shouldn't) then they need to be offensive, not defensive. Half the items on your list are either purely defensive or would be used as escape tools.

If equipment/AA's are going to come back (and they really shouldn't) then they need to be offensive, not defensive. Half the items on your list are either purely defensive or would be used as escape tools.

I see what you are saying but rather than look at as strictly offensive/defensive you could look at it as counter plays to other items. Hardlight shield counters rockets. Trip Mine counters vehicles.

By having a counter to rockets it allows the player with hardlight shield to play offensively. By having a counter to vehicles it allows the player with trip Mine to play offensively.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I see what you are saying but rather than look at as strictly offensive/defensive you could look at it as counter plays to other items. Hardlight shield counters rockets. Trip Mine counters vehicles.

By having a counter to rockets it allows the player with hardlight shield to play offensively. By having a counter to vehicles it allows the player with trip Mine to play offensively.

And what else does hardlight shield allow you to do? It allows you to whip it out in the middle of a firefight to save your own ass as soon as you're a shot down, then keep it up while you inch back to cover. It is literally a "press X to not die" button. That is unacceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 7

And what else does hardlight shield allow you to do? It allows you to whip it out in the middle of a firefight to save your own ass as soon as you're a shot down, then keep it up while you inch back to cover. It is literally a "press X to not die" button. That is unacceptable.

Overshield protects you too. Is there that big of a difference between eating shots with OS and eating shots with hardlight Shield? I just thought it would be cool to pop it out for a second to deflect a scorpion shot or something.

why would you design maps around the ability to get to the center faster off spawn. that's one of the biggest problems with sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

why would you design maps around the ability to get to the center faster off spawn. that's one of the biggest problems with sprint.

It’s not every player in the game that can do it off every spawn. It’s equipment you pick up on the map so in a BTB match, one or two players on each team could get to the center faster every 30-60 seconds. Makes gameplay more dynamic. There could even be paths that only a hoverboard can cross. Like a gorge that you gotta do a wall ride to get over that regular infantry can’t cross.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Overshield protects you too. Is there that big of a difference between eating shots with OS and eating shots with hardlight Shield? I just thought it would be cool to pop it out for a second to deflect a scorpion shot or something.

An overshield cannot be activated at will, it takes effect from wherever it was picked up on the map. It also doesn't flat-out block shots, it just increases the amount of damage the player can take. It can still be melted in an instant with the right tools.

Your mentality (wow, imagine how cool it would be if a player could just deflect a scorpion shot!) is the exact mentality responsible for Reach and The 4. Two terrible, terrible games.

• Upvote (+1) 5

An overshield cannot be activated at will, it takes effect from wherever it was picked up on the map. It also doesn't flat-out block shots, it just increases the amount of damage the player can take. It can still be melted in an instant with the right tools.

Your mentality (wow, imagine how cool it would be if a player could just deflect a scorpion shot!) is the exact mentality responsible for Reach and The 4. Two terrible, terrible games.

A tank has unlimited ammo. Is it really so gamebreaking to let one player block a shot from it?

A tank has unlimited ammo. Is it really so gamebreaking to let one player block a shot from it?

Yes. What is there to be gained from letting a player deflect a tank shot (ignoring all the other adverse effects the hardlight shield would have on gameplay)?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. What is there to be gained from letting a player deflect a tank shot (ignoring all the other adverse effects the hardlight shield would have on gameplay)?

It gives the player a chance to mount an attack against the vehicle.

Anything that makes vehicles less AIDS is something I can get behind lmao. I swear are we really gonna ignore the fact that a tank has unlimited ammo and a million health, but a fucking forward facing shield is just TOO far? Come on

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just going to throw out a hypothetical, I would still prefer normal overshield I think but I'm curious if others think this idea is better than hardlight shield or just as bad.

What if hardlight shield had a degrading time even when not in use. Let's say when you pick it up, you get sixty seconds with it in your inventory. If you pull it out and don't get hit, the time degrades as normal, if you pull it out and take damage then the time depletes faster. So you get no advantage if somebody is shooting you in the back because you would have to turn around and pull it out. It's pretty much a nerfed overshield but you can't do damage while it's out. For the last hit of the shield though, you won't take damage. So a rocket would take out the hardlight shield, but not damage the person behind it.

I don't like that you can't do damage, I don't like that it's pretty much a garbage overshield. Maybe it's a little better than a normal hardlight shield though? Another variation would be that there is bleedthrough, so a rocket could potentially takeout the hardlight shield and player behind it. I'm curious what you guys think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played a lot of UT3, and the hoverboard was honestly pretty fun, and everyone had it. It was SUPER risky to use though, because if you got shot while using it, you got knocked off and almost always died as a result. As a piece of BTB equipment, I don't think it'd be horrible, but I think it would need some similar risk/reward like UT3 had. Imagine someone pulling flag and hoverboarding off with it and not being able to knock him off the board...that'd be awful. But I like where your head is at with the unique routes only available via certain means. I think theres potential for that in Halo, whether it be boost jumping, nade jumping, vehicles or hoverboards.

Trip mine can fuck off. We can do better than that for vehicle counters. Proximity mines have no place in shooters.

I actually like the hologram idea. I think if they retained the direction you're moving when you deploy it, they'd be a lot more convincing. If I had rockets in camo room on chill out and someone strafed through the door, that would get me to waste a rocket almost every time. I think that's a way better counter to rockets than a fucking hardlight shield, which is just annoying. Deployable Cover is a much better implementation of the same idea.

But if you really want to balance assyms, just don't spawn anything until the 30 second mark, and don't spawn power items until the 1 minute mark. The opening break is the only unfair part of asymms. If you lose the good side of the map after a minute, you deserve what you have.