CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Good to see H3 "Hardcore" back on insider. Keep getting spanked in every game but practice makes perfect!

• Upvote (+1) 2

So been playing Hardcore TS, and H3 has felt largely ok(which is a first for me on the insider build), but then I get a game where it takes seconds for a grenade to even spawn on my client lmao.

H3/H2 on the insider servers is just weird. You go from godly almost LAN feeling connections to watching probably a quarter of your shots not register and seeing people teleport a bit. To me it just lets me know that they have very good servers and very bad ones and they need to work on which one MM actually deems acceptable for you and your location

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been on Insider every day giving my 2 cents matching the same people and I've never matched any of you.

H3 4v4's and H2 1v1/2v2 have been the only lists I've seen and I'm not into em. H3 feels a lot like OG H3 on lan which means it now sucks the way it used to because H3 is awful. Nothing I'd like to contribute there would get implemented. For the record I played 5 or 6 matches in H3 hardcore yesterday and all but one match was on a foundry map and 1-2 players were afk for multiple matches. What do you want from me breh?

Watching snipedown stream H3 MLG and Tiger Woods is 1 off the lead, are we sure this isn't 2008?

Also @@KINNZE I play CE customs and a bit of the TS playlist when it was up, I don't like H3 enough to only play that lmao

Watching snipedown stream H3 MLG and Tiger Woods is 1 off the lead, are we sure this isn't 2008?

Also @@KINNZE I play CE customs and a bit of the TS playlist when it was up, I don't like H3 enough to only play that lmao

Yeah you'll never see me in a Halo 3 only playlist ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah you'll never see me in a Halo 3 only playlist ever.

I might try to play the H3 Hardcore playlist every once and a while, but if CE and H2 feel nice I'd doubt it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Need that h2 hardcore playlist back fuck h3

I remember when they added H3 into the HC playlist in MCC so that's all those people picked. So I stopped going in the playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good to see H3 "Hardcore" back on insider. Keep getting spanked in every game but practice makes perfect!

I thought I was pretty good at H3 until about a week ago. I've been put in some games with ex/current pros and have gotten ripped apart.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought I was pretty good at H3 until about a week ago. I've been put in some games with ex/current pros and have gotten ripped apart.  :walshy:

People who havent put Halo 3 down since Reach released are getting slapped. It's like riding a bike for top players. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

People who havent put Halo 3 down since Reach released are getting slapped. It's like riding a bike for top players. 

It's almost satisfying to watch tbh

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think part of it is just that a lot of people who kept playing Halo 3 weren't subjected to players approaching the same skill ceiling in recent years. I've seen some of the sort of known mcc/h3 only players make some really questionable plays. Construct koth is a great example where you see a lot of people who drop to mid gold when their team is 3 down virtually guaranteeing another round of slays for the other team, sitting in attic/back stage on narrows like its 2008 instead of pushing, not trying to get sword spawns on construct, repeatedly trying to push low instead of out through lobby on narrows when the other team is getting control etc. Its super weird to see how in a lot of ways the meta reverted with time

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just your daily "H3 hit reg in the insider build is so fucking bad, even worse than OG H3" post.

H3 reg even sucks using a switch thats overheating on LAN. It's just the game.

I think part of it is just that a lot of people who kept playing Halo 3 weren't subjected to players approaching the same skill ceiling in recent years. I've seen some of the sort of known mcc/h3 only players make some really questionable plays. Construct koth is a great example where you see a lot of people who drop to mid gold when their team is 3 down virtually guaranteeing another round of slays for the other team, sitting in attic/back stage on narrows like its 2008 instead of pushing, not trying to get sword spawns on construct etc. Its super weird to see how in a lot of ways the meta reverted 

Exactly!

It's almost satisfying to watch tbh

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just goes to show how low H3's skill ceiling is. You'd think they would have some kind of edge after all this time, but nope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got an email for both accounts I signed up for the insider on, so did a friend, perhaps 343i just sent emails to everyone? If so, 40k ppl just got this email so maybe the population about to explode.

I watched both videos. The first one was basically the exact same. Then he changed the parameters of the test to make it appear like OG H3 was considerably better in his second video. Which it wasn't. Especially compared to Insider where H3 feels better than OG imo. Plus doing a test of 20 kills is completely meaningless. You need to test across tons of different connections thousands of times to get meaningful data.

He's a clown, plain and simple.

cant believe you said parameters

Just had a LAN buddy get on MCC insider. He's been trying CE on retail for the last week to acclimate himself again. Anyway we tried CE on insider and it sounded like he was about to weep with joy at the shot registration lol.

That convinced me that it is obviously superior to retail.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New Halo rant up, talking about casual and competitive communities, and what Halo as a game can do to improve player relations:

I really like your ideas on voting for a series and being rewarded for teaming up with players after a game and sticking together. The first was always a dream of mine, but the second I never thought of before and I think would help incentivize everyone. Hardcore players due to wanting to team with good people, and casual players who just want to unlock more stuff.

Something I would like to see but I'm sure would be a logistical nightmare, is some sort of smaller player grouping based on rank. I think Starcraft 2 did this, but somebody will probably correct me, where they would put you in a pool of three hundred people or something at your same rank,and you would play against those people whenever possible until your rank changed or until the two weeks were up.

This meant that you could begin to become familiar with people in your pool. One of the coolest things for me as I got better at Halo was when I would see names of people I recognize come up. In doubles I ran into Soulflame just the other day for example. To be in a pool of people where I would start to recognize names of random matchmaking players would be really cool.

Setting it up for a team game would be a nightmare though, as well as dealing with quitters when a top player in a pool was in the match. But I would love to see it implemented, assuming it worked well.

• Upvote (+1) 2