CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

:sigh:

1) BTB or wacky rotationals are the only things that should be cross-game (H2 and H2A can be treated as the same if needed)

2) The cross-game quick play playlist is going to rob population from the rest of the lists.

3a) Halo 5 can't sustain both a Team Arena and HCS playlist, what makes them think that MCC is going to be able to sustain one of each for 3 different games...

3b) Why in the hell are we still separating Team Arena and Hardcore??? Combine them, use the MLG settings for speed, damage and radar, and expand the map pool.

3c) AND WHY ARE WE STILL CALLING IT HARDCORE?? You're scaring off people for no fucking reason. COMBINE THEM AND CALL IT TEAM ARENA ALREADY sheesh. There is no reason to have more ranked lists than unranked lists.

4) Halo 4 is already in both of the cross-game playlists.  it doesn't need its own.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes based 343 being nice enough to get the thing people paid $60 in working order and like it was advertised. We're all just entitled I guess.

Good luck holding that grudge my dude. I used to be like that too and realized it wasn't helping towards any solution. They're looking for all the help they can get right now from Insider. For people to play and find the mistakes and talk to them about it. Maybe I'm unfamiliar with these forums but the sarcasm and entitlement made you come across as spoiled and that's why I said it - I apologize if I offended you. Also.. it's $60 man, 4 years ago. Minimum wage job here in California will get you that in 6 hours. Is that really worth 4 years of bitterness? lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Good luck holding that grudge my dude. I used to be like that too and realized it wasn't helping towards any solution. They're looking for all the help they can get right now from Insider. For people to play and find the mistakes and talk to them about it. Maybe I'm unfamiliar with these forums but the sarcasm and entitlement made you come across as spoiled and that's why I said it - I apologize if I offended you. Also.. it's $60 man, 4 years ago. Minimum wage job here in California will get you that in 6 hours. Is that really worth 4 years of bitterness? lol

Yes, 100% you want to know why? It was more than the $60 that got burned in front of Halo fans eyes. MCC was the last bastion of hope for classic Halo fans and it got botched to the WORST triple A launch in HISTORY and you know what happened? They abandoned it. Not a word for 3 years minimum. Guess what happened to the Halo name because of MCC. It got trashed, people left for GOOD in droves. MCC had the chance to revitalize a series on life support and all it accomplished was putting another nail in the proverbial coffin.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh man I bet you're one of those guys who tells someone to stop being poor if they think something is overpriced

• Upvote (+1) 7

why Don't you put your fucking thinking Cap on and actually Hate 343 for a stretch. All the Athletes do it

• Downvote (-1) 2

Oh man I bet you're one of those guys who tells someone to stop being poor if they think something is overpriced

I'm really not man lol, just assuming if you were around for Halo 2/3 then you'd be an adult by now?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok yeah that makes sense lol. I've seen your long detailed letter before and I get the whole bitterness towards them. Trying to express that they could do everything at this point and somehow you guys would find something that's wrong. Never seen so much hostility and grudge over a 5 title/$60 game that came out 4 years ago.

its more like people here have a great passion for whatever halo game they play. Postums has weighed the options and good halo lost. Its just what happened. Halo is a game we love and its frustrating to see the same mistakes being made that were made 14 years ago or 4 years ago: especially when you note that during the first hint of this update we were promised no cross game but then we lost that fucking too. Like try it our way once.

Mcc also killed og halo 3 and the halo2/halo1 xbc community. All 3 have picked back up recently, at least halo1/2. Its not just $60/$360 dollars. As of this very moment, classic halo would have been better off without mcc. We here want to correct that and have very, very little power.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok yeah that makes sense lol. I've seen your long detailed letter before and I get the whole bitterness towards them. Trying to express that they could do everything at this point and somehow you guys would find something that's wrong. Never seen so much hostility and grudge over a 5 title/$60 game that came out 4 years ago.

The game came out four years ago...and after duct-taping the game together after one of the literal top-5 worst video game launches in history, they've only just now gotten around to maybe fixing it...depending. And the two games most relevant to the collection, CE and H2, are still using the PC versions of each. 

Bungie and 343 collectively owe us all fucking Ferraris for sticking around through so much bullshit. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

its more like people here have a great passion for whatever halo game they play. Postums has weighed the options and good halo lost. Its just what happened. Halo is a game we love and its frustrating to see the same mistakes being made that were made 14 years ago or 4 years ago: especially when you note that during the first hint of this update we were promised no cross game but then we lost that fucking too. Like try it our way once.

Mcc also killed og halo 3 and the halo2/halo1 xbc community. All 3 have picked back up recently, at least halo1/2. Its not just $60/$360 dollars. As of this very moment, classic halo would have been better off without mcc. We here want to correct that and have very, very little power.

Appreciate you letting me help understand you now instead of dealing with the sarcasm in other posts. Guess it's easier for me to get past it because I had taken a break from Halo most of those 4 years and hadn't dealt with the constant let down after let down. I know you guys mean well, I'm just trying to help in any way I can. Wasn't expecting the amount of negativity and doubtfulness as soon as I posted a picture of those playlists.

@@KINNZE, do you want people to reach out and give feedback, or do you want to call people spoiled and entitled for saying what they want? Pick one.

They ask for help and feedback, we give it, and then we're told that we're "screaming" about BR starts, and that correct Halo is "sweaty". That's irritating.

It should go without saying that everyone here is happy the game is finally getting fixed. I mean, obviously. But we're not gonna kiss 343's ass for finally doing what should have been done 4 years ago. In that sense, yes, I'm entitled, because they've had my money this whole time. This is the exact scenario someone deserves to feel entitled, so cool it with that shit.

However, when we see them botching the playlists, leave feedback, and get talked to like children in response, that shit is annoying. Some of us have been around matchmaking since '04. We've seen all these mistakes get made before, and we don't want them to get made again. Watching this company not learn from past mistakes while we warn them all the while about it is fucking infuriating. This shit shouldn't have to get repeated over and over and over. Bungie had to go back and reduce auto starts and add precision starts 3 fucking games in a row. 343 just learned the lesson about redundant arena/competitive playlists. We've seen for 13 years that naming the competitive playlist something sweaty-sounding will ensure it always has a low population. I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of watching these people trip over the same things year after year and never fucking learn, despite us telling them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well shucks. I'll still never understand why AR/BR starts isn't the solution when the concern is "too many sweaty players with only BRs". I know I'm beating a dead horse with you guys, but if they're scared of sweaty players dominating with only BRs, I don't know how the problem is fixed when the sweaty players pick up BRs and the losing team has no choice but to use ARs.

This is by far the most frustrating point of the whole argument. Players are worried that a "sweaty" player will dominate the game if they have a BR on start.

But the "sweaty" player is going to pick up a BR regardless and the scrubs are going to be stuck running around with a gun that literally can't shoot back and it makes the problem exponentially worse.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Are there still trades in h2c on insider?

Gun trades, definitely. Not sure about melee.

Just a friendly reminder that postums doesn't enjoy smg starts either guys.

He's not the devil.

He's trying to manage like 10 fanbases at once. This shit isn't easy. Sure they said no cross game but then you get thousands of people saying wait we want a social cross game! And then a few people say they want AR starts so he throws a bone. We bitch that bungie and 343 don't listen, but they are listening. You think it's to the wrong voices and that they should only listen to us, and we do have good objective reasons for thinking it should be our way, but a lot of people legitimately want ARs and 10 years of ARs and BRs hasn't changed their mind. SMG starts yeah I find that hard to defend. I've had people quit out of most smg games after one team starts snowballing.

If you think all this stuff is a mistake, tweet or join his discord and make your voices heard but do it respectfully. He is open to feedback. If enough people complain then they will consider it. Personally I think don't think it's crazy to ask him to merge the hardcore and arena playlists as noobs already have their radar in the team slayer list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, this is what annoys me.

Despite what he says about the AR being better than the SMG (which is kind of true), the gun still sucks for a spawn weapon. As soon as one team gets the snowball going, good luck ever trying to compete against a Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, any other power weapon when you spawn with an Assault Rifle. They're shutting down people who like SMG starts in Halo 2 with this, I don't see why Assault Rifle starts in Halo 3 need to be accounted for. If you insist, put it in Action Sack like you did a few months back in Flight 1 or 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm really not man lol, just assuming if you were around for Halo 2/3 then you'd be an adult by now?

I'm 27. The money isn't the point. The point is that you shouldn't just forget about 343/MS shoving out a very unfinished product that got 100% ignored from after H5 came out up until now. It's why so many companies just do whatever because they know that people will just forget about it after a year and it will happen over again. If people didn't keep complaining about the MCC, I 100% promise you these improvements would not exist.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But the "sweaty" player is going to pick up a BR regardless and the scrubs are going to be stuck running around with a gun that literally can't shoot back and it makes the problem exponentially worse.

It really doesn't though. The sweaty player will have a BR 100% of the time in BR starts. They won't have one near that in AR starts. If its AR starts, you go up against players with less BRs. Bad players are more likely to kill good players in AR starts, I don't know why people are saying the opposite here.

Just let them have an AR playlist FFS. If it were up to me everyone would play 2vs2 H1 but I can accept people want to play a lesser skilled Halo for whatever reason. I don't go tell every Halo 3 player they need to play Halo 1 and that they suck.

Let people play what they want. Just keep that shit out of the single game playlists.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This isn't about 60$ lmao. This is about them still sticking their head in the sand and ignoring feedback, repeating mistakes that were made literally 14 years ago. No one is complaining that they're fixing the game. People are offering feedback how to go about it, but 343 as always thinks they know better than the SPOILED consumers.

Well shucks. I'll still never understand why AR/BR starts isn't the solution when the concern is "too many sweaty players with only BRs". I know I'm beating a dead horse with you guys, but if they're scared of sweaty players dominating with only BRs, I don't know how the problem is fixed when the sweaty players pick up BRs and the losing team has no choice but to use ARs.

Seeing a dev unironically call BR starts "sweaty" is heartbreaking. And his logic is ass, as always. Putting these awful settings into one playlist won't cut it if that playlist is the top playlist and almost guaranteed to be the most popular playlist.

Ideally they'd stop this nonsense and remove the entire playlist. The next better option is to remove all SMG/AR bullshit and move the playlist all the way to the bottom of the selection.

Legit, someone in the discord @Postums and tell him to move the playlist to the bottom.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What is going on at 343? First Dersky just chatting shit about people's complaints on the halo 3 shot registration, and now people are saying "that's how it was back in the day, doesn't need fixing." 

I'm not sure the second one was from 343, but just what is happening with the MCC? 

What is going on at 343? First Dersky just chatting shit about people's complaints on the halo 3 shot registration, and now people are saying "that's how it was back in the day, doesn't need fixing."

I'm not sure the second one was from 343, but just what is happening with the MCC?

What's that about Derksy?

What's that about Derksy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KySSed_80

Basically Ace and Dersky were streaming and watched a video of a dude exposing the shitty H3 hitreg. His examples had some clips of him missing shots though and they were laughing their asses off. Doesn't restore much faith in 343 and the whole "they listen!" meme if that's how they treat fan feedback. Oh yeah and Dersky said "someone at work showed me this and I just sat at my desk laughing."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1