CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Well firstly, if the aiming is affected by performance, then literally no controller adjustment options will help fix the problem. 

Secondly, not only is there essentially no hecking way that the XB1 is getting bogged down by a game from 2001 (1080p60 be damned), but nobody has ever shown that the CPU of the XB1 specifically is having trouble keeping up. As long as the controller is able to provide its interrupt to the CPU, it can process aiming instructions. Dips in framerate, meanwhile, are just that - dips in framerate. They aren't tied to the aiming system, you just can't aim properly at 5FPS. 

I mean the specifically said it's NOT getting bogged down.. they're saying it's way more responsive.

He said H2 wasn't any different for him but the shots are much better for me. Most games I played were pretty similar to on-host OG H2 in terms of shot registration. My only guess is because of the server he was playing on.

Maybe it's strongly dependent on your proximity to the server because H2's hit detection is so bad that it's borderline unplayable for me right now. Switching back to retail MCC is a gigantic improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean the specifically said it's NOT getting bogged down.. they're saying it's way more responsive.

A system at 70% load is going to be every bit as responsive as a system at 20% load, and I have no reason to believe CE would put a regular XB1 at anything close to full CPU load, which isn't even provable one way or the other because we have no way of measuring load metrics. 

H2 is totally fixed guys, @@CIutchy just unlocked teleportation powers

This happened to me in my first insider game on Midship. I was shooting at someone no problem then he vanished and assassinated me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A system at 70% load is going to be every bit as responsive as a system at 20% load, and I have no reason to believe CE would put a regular XB1 at anything close to full CPU load, which isn't even provable one way or the other because we have no way of measuring load metrics.

In regards to CE its probably related to networking then. It took some getting used to but my aiming is probably better on MCC than on LAN because of how responsive and smooth it is. I had to turn my sens down but it's definitely not poor aiming.

This wouldn't even be an issue if we could at least veto for BR starts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This wouldn't even be an issue if we could at least veto for BR starts.

Nah make it AR starts but BR is secondary. Chumps won't ever know...

• Upvote (+1) 9

Nah, fill the maps with BRs so you can't take a step without getting a prompt to pick up a BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A decade of trying to cater to people who can’t deal with BR starts has accomplished nothing. The series is less popular than ever.

Do what’s good for the game for once.

• Upvote (+1) 8

A decade of trying to cater to people who can’t deal with BR starts has accomplished nothing. The series is less popular than ever.

Do what’s good for the game for once.

So water down the experience to cater for the perceptions of a more casual crowd?

That's literally why we're in this hole mate.

Nah, fill the maps with BRs so you can't take a step without getting a prompt to pick up a BR.

With the Next Forge Im sure we'll be able to make Maps out of Weapons s/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Only in Halo 4, where it doesn't show you what secondary you have.

So water down the experience to cater for the perceptions of a more casual crowd?

That's literally why we're in this hole mate.

That’s my point man, we’re on the same page! Trying to please the casual crowd has completely failed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here’s something we can recycle that will give us something to talk about:

Let’s say there’s a weighting glitch in a cross game playlist, and one gametype comes up way more often than it’s supposed to. Let’s pick two map/gametype combos and do a Would You Rather.

If you had to play a gametype disproportionately often, would you rather it be Isolation BRs, or Haven Legendary Slayer? Why?

I think I’d take Haven. Yes, sprint and no descope is dumb, but there’s no regens or armor abilities, and the H3 ghost is ass. Plus the underground/base gameplay on Isolation is awful to play in.

Isolation is underrated af. I would take Haven Legendary BRs over true shit tier maps like Orbital, Epitaph and Snowbound and anything AR starts, but Isolation BRs can be a decent amount of fun. Just the fact the H3 sniper is on that map makes it better than any H4 map by definition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I considered Isolation TS a guilty pleasure back when H3 first came out and people were competing on Gamebattles to reserve their 08 Meadowlands team pass. Might have been because it was just one of those gametypes our team would often upset other teams on but I was not a fan of the bottom portion of the map or CTF in general. It had poor lines of sight overall down low but there was also the flag glitch that allowed you to relay it out of their window and then relay into yours.

I wouldn't consider isloation a good map.. but I did enjoy it quite a bit. I think my choice between those two depends mostly on just how much h3 or h4 I was playing and if I wanted to change it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GG's to @OG Nick, @BR N00b, and @@Apollo tonight. Apollo is learning the nitty gritty of Halo 1 and playing with 3 people more experienced than him, and he's taking his lumps in the name of actually learning how to play the game. I respect that. Be like Apollo.

Wow. Sounds like unfair teams to me.

Regens dont bother me. I just assume the other player has one if its on spawn. The ghost is annoying but the angles on the map suck for it so you always have to go in range to get stuck. Plus there is brute shot. Oh and rocks. And snipe i guess. Then the classic ar and frag grenades.

Halo 4 just isnt fun for me. I would pass it up every time unless it was my 8th game of orbital ars. But then i would go back to orbital.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're making it real fucking hard not to quit out.

game 1 was Sanc SMGs

game 2 was Orbital ARs

Game 3 was Gemini SMGs

game 1 was Sanc SMGs

game 2 was Orbital ARs

Game 3 was Gemini SMGs

Stop taking things so seriously and just enjoy the game man! ^___^

Wow. Sounds like unfair teams to me.

LOL it absolutely is.  I'm a fucking anchor.  In the last 3 series i think my team won 1 game.

Stop taking things so seriously and just enjoy the game man! ^___^

No. I want the nameplate and they're making it difficult.

game 1 was Sanc SMGs

game 2 was Orbital ARs

Game 3 was Gemini SMGs

See maybe I'd get more pissed about smg starts if I had gotten a single smg start game in Halo 2 in the TS list yet lol. I've been lucky.

And AR starts in h3 aren't completely horrible... Just obviously worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1