CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How the fuck have people not figured it out that Halo has always had 1 main weapon that people have relied on.

Its been that way for nearly 17 years.  Please stop posting Waypoint links. it makes me sad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing H3 now and the registration is really nice. Game feels very let down/dated with regards to movement, though.Nothing new, it just stands out more.

EDIT: This field of view. Oh god. 

Playing H3 now and the registration is really nice. Game feels very let down/dated with regards to movement, though.Nothing new, it just stands out more.

EDIT: This field of view. Oh god. 

haha I know its terrible.  If they were to enhance it at all  A FoV slider would be nice. Even if it only went up to like 90.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still trying to play the team slayer playlist and the H3 default warriors are out in force

• Upvote (+1) 1

haha I know its terrible.  If they were to enhance it at all  A FoV slider would be nice. Even if it only went up to like 90.

90 would be lovely. Outside of splitscreen I don't know if any Halo has ever even had that, though.

A decent FoV, better aiming, more responsive movement, and a tuned up sandbox would make H3 really respectable imo.

I think the thing I really notice the lack of most when not playing H5 is its killfeed. Little QoL things like that and hitmarkers (I can't support them on splash damage, but for anything with direct hits I'll defend them until the end of time) have really evolved a lot in the last decade.

Well, here's hoping that Infinite gets everything right haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

90 would be lovely. Outside of splitscreen I don't know if any Halo has ever even had that, though.

A decent FoV, better aiming, more responsive movement, and a tuned up sandbox would make H3 really respectable imo.

I think the thing I really notice the lack of most when not playing H5 is its killfeed. Little QoL things like that and hitmarkers (I can't support them on splash damage, but for anything with direct hits I'll defend them until the end of time) have really evolved a lot in the last decade.

Well, here's hoping that Infinite gets everything right haha.

Console games don't because they think that everybody plays on 90" tv's from a million miles away and people would get seasick and shit.  Plus consoles are pretty anemic and they need the least amount of shit happening on screen at once as possible. The better solution would be to have a FoV slider from like 60 - 90 and tune all the graphics for a 90 degree FoV. Stop trying to make people cream their pants with overdone blown out graphics that they will only appreciate for the first hour anyway, and shoot for performant, 900p, @60FPS with 90FoV instead. Whatever it takes to get there.  If they want to tune for a lower FoV so the default is 'prettier' fine... but give players the option.  I play all my PC games somewhere from 90 - 105.  I try to get as close to 105 as possible without noticeable fisheye.

Console games as a whole need to step their game up with this shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is there party matching in MCC INSIDER?

Only for party's of 4 and they put party matching even in social pretty stupid if you ask me, it should only be in ranked.

Havn't H3 objective gamemodes in BTB had AR starts for no reason?

Only the ones that 343 didn't port over, i.e the btb koth gametypes. Seemed they just forgot to put it to br starts lol, all other gametypes have br starts as far as I'm aware.

Would it help mcc, if we start retweeting and faving the pro's sick clips on twitter?

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2 has worse hit detection than normal mcc lmao and that H3 aiming is a joooooooooke

The amount of blank melees and shots I've gotten in H2 is off the charts, could have something to do with switching stuff from H2V to H2C?

If H3 has a ranked playlist right now why does it also have to be in Team Slayer? Why cant TS just be CE/H2/ and H2A if we have to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If H3 has a ranked playlist right now why does it also have to be in Team Slayer? Why cant TS just be CE/H2/ and H2A if we have to.

Only 343 knows

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is slow turn still a thing? I'm just now getting some games in the Insider build and I'm getting horrible slow turn on an Elite.

Also I'm glad to see we're getting the classic experience with people quitting every game.

The underestimation of AR kids here is staggering. You will see whining the likes of which you've never seen if AR starts go away completely. Do I agree with them, fuck no. But concessions have to be made sometimes.

I'm still waiting to see where postums said all playlists will be 100% BRs. And tbh I've gotten like 75% BR start games in TS. I feel like it's acceptable weighting to please everyone especially as it's limited to one playlist. AR kids will be forced to play with BRs a lot and get good with them in between their AR games. Maybe they'll start to appreciate BRs as a result.

I really just don't get the point about liking all three games. First we had everyone bitching about cross game playlists, now they're suddenly fine and need to be BRs because I can't just go and randomly select BR playlists of each individual game and cycle through them? Come on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyway, on a positive note stunt_man, Hurley and I just ran some H1 2v2 customs and the shot registration was literally perfect. I clipped a bunch of duels and sniper shots that I felt were iffy, but upon frame by frame analysis every single shot that should have hit, did hit, and none of my missed shots were counted.

It should be said this is an optimal sub 60 ping scenario. No one was streaming. There's definitely still issues in CE when ping is high and streaming affects registration slightly I find. But it's still much improved from retail IMO where you would be scared to engage with streaming players. There is reason for optimism here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The underestimation of AR kids here is staggering. You will see whining the likes of which you've never seen if AR starts go away completely. Do I agree with them, fuck no. But concessions have to be made sometimes.

I'm still waiting to see where postums said all playlists will be 100% BRs. And tbh I've gotten like 75% BR start games in TS. I feel like it's acceptable weighting to please everyone especially as it's limited to one playlist. AR kids will be forced to play with BRs a lot and get good with them in between their AR games. Maybe they'll start to appreciate BRs as a result.

I really just don't get the point about liking all three games. First we had everyone bitching about cross game playlists, now they're suddenly fine and need to be BRs because I can't just go and randomly select BR playlists of each individual game and cycle through them? Come on.

I've always liked cross-game playlists but not with voting. Also I've gotten BR starts in H2/H3 in the Ts playlist at least half of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure we matched together in TS, it was H3 Amplified.

Might have been.  I tried to play 4 games in that playlist last night and only stayed for 1.  yeah yeah im one of those people but if you think im staying for game like SMG start on sanctuary or AR start on construct you are sadly mistaken.

Their are really 2 big problems with the execution:

1) This is how they are handling the only cross game playlist.  The list that is going to be at the top and the default for most players without a thought, sucking population away from everything else.  What happened to no cross game lists?

2) There is no Veto option.  quitting is going to be a huge problem. Veto is the best thing to happen to matchmaking and for some reason we abandoned it.

If they want to have AR/SMG starts fucking fine, but they need to implement a veto option with BRs as the second option and implement this for each individual game in the unranked slayer list and get rid of the cross game list entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Might have been.  I tried to play 4 games in that playlist last night and only stayed for 1.  yeah yeah im one of those people but if you think im staying for game like SMG start

Their are really 2 big problems with the execution:

1) This is how they are handling the only cross game playlist.  The list that is going to be at the top and the default for most players without a thought, sucking population away from everything else.  What happened to no cross game lists?

6PlRXhI.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3