CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

H3 hit rec confirmed light years better. It seems like maybe grenades are a bit too amped up, as I died to more death throw desperation nades than I remember but I probably don’t have enough data points and the people we’re playing against are quite a bit better on average imo. I’m happy with where the project it heading.

I've noticed the grenades are very powerful too

Wtf? Now they're backtracking on the no AR/SMG starts as well? AND there's gonna be no veto or voting? Lmao never change 343.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wtf? Now they're backtracking on the no AR/SMG starts as well? AND there's gonna be no veto or voting? Lmao never change 343.

I went back and found the tweet about it. It was specially BTB Social, unless there was something else I missed.

https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1007414004854034432

Still - sucks absolute ass :/

Will ranked be void of AR/SMG starts at least?

Yup.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

LOL the hilarious part to me is if they are dead set on keeping AR/SMG starts, the other solution to the problem would be to take all BRs, Carbines and Snipers off the maps when its AR start.  Thats the only sane option, and no way they will do that either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL the hilarious part to me is if they are dead set on keeping AR/SMG starts, the other solution to the problem would be to take all BRs, Carbines and Snipers off the maps when its AR start. Thats the only sane option, and no way they will do that either.

I think you’re missing the point. How are new players supposed to have fun with the sniper when someone with an OP battle rifle is descoping them from across the map?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

...You guys didn't actually think they would abandon AR and SMG start gametypes, did you? 

Well, when he said they would, yeah, I believed him.

Just @'d him in the discord and asked why. "Because social is supposed to be casual and people don't always want to sweat with BR starts", and "There is no 'way Halo is meant to be played'. People play Halo all sorts of ways."

I just lost a lot of faith in this team. It's been FOURTEEN YEARS, dude. Fix the mistake!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just want to talk to the guy that would actually be upset if he spawned with a BR in 2018, so that I can make sure he doesn't reproduce.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Whyyyyyyy

Stop coddling new players by changing the game for them. Protect them with skill/party matching, but stop making concessions about what the game is. All this does is prolong the amount of time it takes them to play and learn the real game. This, like radar, creates warped perceptions about what is good gameplay, as people justify their failures and validate their successes based on this shit. Just give them the real game. We all know what Halo is supposed to be. Have a fucking spine and present it that way for once.

I can't believe we still have to argue this shit after 14 years, when we knew on November 9th, 2004 that it was shit. Don't give up on this. Keep the pressure on these guys and let them know we want it out.

Have a friend who I use to play a ton of halo with who actually liked SMG/AR starts. When I asked him about it he said that he actually likes when the BR acts as mini power weapon of sorts. Blows my mind but apparently some people prefer to spawn with a shitty weapon so that when they pick up the weapon everyone should just have by default they become a powerhouse that can shit all over people spawning with that shitty weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played my first game of H3 insider, I couldn't tell how crisp the new build is since my shot accuracy is about 5%

What’s goodie?

I got pulled into a movie night so raincheck

Well, when he said they would, yeah, I believed him.

Just @'d him in the discord and asked why. "Because social is supposed to be casual and people don't always want to sweat with BR starts", and "There is no 'way Halo is meant to be played'. People play Halo all sorts of ways."

I just lost a lot of faith in this team. It's been FOURTEEN YEARS, dude. Fix the mistake!

I didn't know you had to be a huge tryhard to want a gun that goes where you shoot it and works more than five feet away. At least CE always gets a pistol so there's that. You're high if you think I'm playing SMG starts on Tombstone or AR starts on H3 anything.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure why anyone here would want to play that social playlist anyways as it's going to be a multi-game playlist with no voting option. AR/SMG starts are just another reason to avoid it. What matters is that the ranked playlists for Halo 2 and Halo 3(and H3 social BTB) will all be BR start, from what I've read.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the hell is that guy talking about? Starting with a BR isn't going to automatically make it a sweat fest the same way an AR isn't going to make it casual. If someone wants to go tryhard, they're going to do it with whatever weapon they start with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The only reason anyone likes smg starts boils down to them enjoying snowballing bc it's the only time they can feel powerful in the game. (they suck) Smg start gametypes are the perfect thing for the the customs browser to provide.

Classic 343. Remember how we had a dedicated h2 btb playlist for a week and a half?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So instead of having everyone on an equal footing with BR starts it will just turn into whoever grabs the BR first and starts shitting on everyone who doesn’t have one.

Somehow the alternative doesn’t sound much better like nobody wants to play SMG/AR starts even bungie admitted it was a mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 3