CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

IGN Live just played an interview with Bonnie Ross and she hinted at a strong possibility of DLC for H2A multiplayer... She basically said "check out the 6 maps and after they're all announced, let us know what you think and after that, we'll see what we can do."

Of course people will still want certain maps beyond what they're releasing... we all know it, 343 knows it, so maybe some DLC is planned for MCC.

That OS looks similar to that one shiny yellow thing in the Halo 5 beta video. OS, Camo, Custom in H5? Yes plz I missed you.

Okay...interesting opinion.

Why would you believe he doesnt really care about Halo? He has said MANY times on his videos he loves the game to death, both the games and the books lore.

It's just the way he comes across to me. It feels like everything he does and says is done to get money and viewers, rather than out of genuine excitement for Halo. He might really love it but I don't get that from him.

I hope the rest of Halo 5 doesn't look like Halo 2 Anniversary/Halo 4. I hate them Spartan models :(.

Kind of a small thing to complain about but I really wish they'd do something about the ragdoll physics when you fall off of the map... The whole "top heavy" falling head-first thing that the Spartans do looks super awkward.

Granted it doesn't really mean anything for the gameplay but it just annoys me when I see it... It bothered me in Halo 4 as well lol.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Also they should just bring back Halo 3's death animations, they were pretty unique. Dat backflip when sniped! Also, they need some death cry's back too, has anyone heard any on the H2A gameplays? :/

I don't like the idea personally. Maybe a customizable skull to make things more difficult. Combine certain effects of 1 skull with another skull to create your own. But as far as movement speed and ect, not so much. That's what makes the campaign difficult and fun, the challenge to reach those skulls and explore the maps without use of editing the stats. It would be interesting to edit the skulls though.

Well not for nothing, but playing campaign on legendary with 300% movement speed COULD be pretty difficult. As would having gravity on 25%. I mean, think of how many times you'd jump way too high/far and miss your mark, potentially even fall off map (in areas where that's a threat)? And not all skulls NEED to make it more challenging: look at the H2 "Envy" and "Sputnik" skulls: they were awesome (especially sputnik; made for very interesting gameplay as far as nades/rockets where concerned).

Also, the "Bandana" skull for Halo: CE Anniversary, which I know "purists" will hate on because "it made the campaign too easy / screwed up LASO runs". Which is utterly ridiculous if you ask me. Just make skulls like that "Special Skulls" or something (e.g. not officially part of "LASO" challenges).

I hope they make us find the skulls in the missions before we get to use them, I liked doing that in Halo 3. But considering how they are offering them for pre order bonuses, I'm not holding my breath.

This.

I was VERY upset that I didn't have to find skulls in Halo 4, especially after they added "findable" skulls into Halo: CE Anniversary prior to Halo 4's release. I mean really... what was the excuse for just giving them away right from the start?

FYI...he has said several times he has a speech impediment on his videos. I like him, but I agree he does WAYY too many videos lately.

That doesn't make it any less cringeworthy...

@

That video also shows us that OS is Halo 3-style with one layer.  Looks like Invincibility lasts about 3 seconds though.

*Edit*

Also, at 8:10, the player trick jumped the Rocket lift to land at BR instead of top mid.

Don't know if this is the first we have seen of it but here is what OS looks like in H2A right now. Also, it can be picked up by walking through it, no button presses needed.

a74b210531827f4a2534e54cded01834.png

Here is the full vid courtesy of Greenskull

this finally means that the placeholder argument people have been using since e3 has some merit now.

also lol 1 layer of os

this finally means that the placeholder argument people have been using since e3 has some merit now.

also lol 1 layer of os

at least the OS is not the stupid cylinder you had to press to pick up

The 1-layer OS may mean that 60s OS on Forge maps can be a thing.

H2A 2v2 on Forge maps may end up being awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

at least the OS is not the stupid cylinder you had to press to pick up

Or could get killed / half-shielded by when it drops  :kappa:

If they can continue to remove Halo 4 elements from H2A it will turn out for the better. Did H4 have the grenade screen shake effect? If they completely removed that from H2A, I would be happy. 

If they can continue to remove Halo 4 elements from H2A it will turn out for the better. Did H4 have the grenade screen shake effect? If they completely removed that from H2A, I would be happy. 

Halo 2 Grenades leave behind a big cloud of smoke that can blind you.  The screen shake is there, but it's not that noticeable.

Halo 2 Grenades leave behind a big cloud of smoke that can blind you.  The screen shake is there, but it's not that noticeable.

Ah yes. One thing about H2 that I don't miss, lol. It's like those ninja smoke bombs they use to disappear or something, lol.

"Oh, 1v1 you say? *POOF!* TTYL!"

This.

I was VERY upset that I didn't have to find skulls in Halo 4, especially after they added "findable" skulls into Halo: CE Anniversary prior to Halo 4's release. I mean really... what was the excuse for just giving them away right from the start?

Gotta cater to the filthy casuals

Gotta cater to the filthy casuals

That's actually likely the reason.

Which is terrible. Gives the casuals no incentive for replay, which I'm sure many of them would do if they were forced to find the skulls.

Who doesn't like a treasure hunt, after all?!

Or could get killed / half-shielded by when it drops  :kappa:

I was killed by the top mid OS in a really close adrift game. I just.... how.... how did ANYONE think that was a good idea?

I was killed by the top mid OS in a really close adrift game. I just.... how.... how did ANYONE think that was a good idea?

I've faced this struggle on Adrift and Simplex games. Every time I'm just like WHYY.

Internal testing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Internal company discussion:

"Hey, let's detour people from getting OS..."

"Why?!"

"Umm... cause?"

"Oh. Well that makes sense..."

"So... make it kill anyone who's nearby, anticipating it spawning?"

COLLECTIVELY: "BRILLIANT!"

:maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Internal company discussion:

"Hey, let's detour people from getting OS..."

"Why?!"

"Umm... cause?"

"Oh. Well that makes sense..."

"So... make it kill anyone who's nearby, anticipating it spawning?"

COLLECTIVELY: "BRILLIANT!"

:maven:

Haha very true. 

Also there's definitely connection issues when trying to pick up OS. There has been numerous times where I've beaten people to the OS, held B, and nothing. Then some other kid runs up, picks up OS, and kills me.

I hate it.