CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Of course, but H3 is notorious for them. It has more than probably any other game in the series.

And what's happening at Dreamhack? I stopped paying attention to the competitive scene when everyone started pretending that bad games were good. 

$10,000 2v2 tournament for h3.

I'm getting regular 4v2s, gives me flashbacks to unpatched retail MCC. And no it's not because of the rampant quitting and afk issues, the game legit starts 2v4.

Customs in CE feel way better to me personally. Some players still have terminator moments and sometimes I'll get 3 shot or sniped too easily but it feels fairer than before imo. Host doesn't feel like an automatic loss.

Bullet redirect is the next big issue they're tackling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone that hasn't played it yet, count me in with the group that says H3 hit reg feels like LAN. It's like a different game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To anyone that hasn't played it yet, count me in with the group that says H3 hit reg feels like LAN. It's like a different game.

Yeah same with Halo 2. I've been so used to people eating shots that aren't competently around a corner yet that it's surprising when I can finish someone off who's running away when they're one-shot.

Anyone wanna run h2 customs on the insider? Would be down for that since im off the next couple days i wanan try it out

Jumping in CE definitely feels more responsive. But this Team Slayer playlist is already bothering me (SMG and AR start bullshit doesnt help). We all know this playlist is going to suck up all the population in the retail game and CE and H2 and H3 playlists are going to be left to dry.

FTFY

Well it was kinda never here to begin with, online-wise. I REALLY have a hard time believing these people who are saying that it's "just like LAN". Gonna have to see for myself.

Besides, people should care more about the 2 other better games on the disc anyway. No amount of patching is ever going to make Halo 3 a not-watered-down H2. Nor is 343 ever going to reduce the spread (or sniper bloodshots).

But that's just me.

IDK man.  I have played only a handful of games, but H3 feels like a more fair version of OG H3 to me.  No one person has obvious host advantage and i do think that overall the hit detection is better than the original, and MILES ahead of retail MCC. But feeling like LAN might be a stretch lol.  It does make me wonder though, is the imporoved hit detection improved hit detection, or are the dedicated servers making all the difference? If they improved some of the core code, LAN with MCC could be even better than OG.

I'm getting regular 4v2s, gives me flashbacks to unpatched retail MCC. And no it's not because of the rampant quitting and afk issues, the game legit starts 2v4.

Hrmm. I wonder if they are supposed to be allowing games to start with 6 players, as in 3v3 but its jacked up? Frankly, i would be OK with that as long as it worked right.

Is it locking in like that? or are they gone when the game starts if so that just means they dodged or lagged out.

H3 hit detection looks really good and I'm willing to give it a go myself, but holy crap the floaty jumps and the reticle not being centred make it so hard to watch.

Still really wish the DH 2v2 was going to be H1. I get that H3 has more mass appeal, but as a 2v2 game I don't think it's going to be very enjoyable to watch even if it has maps and settings expertly tailored for it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 hit detection looks really good and I'm willing to give it a go myself, but holy crap the floaty jumps and the reticle not being centred make it so hard to watch.

Still really wish the DH 2v2 was going to be H1. I get that H3 has more mass appeal, but as a 2v2 game I don't think it's going to be very enjoyable to watch even if it has maps and settings expertly tailored for it.

I do find it funny bringing up H3's jumps making it hard to watch and then bringing up HCE as more enjoyable to watch. If there's one thing HCE is the worst at in the Halo anthology that's it.

H3 hit rec confirmed light years better. It seems like maybe grenades are a bit too amped up, as I died to more death throw desperation nades than I remember but I probably don’t have enough data points and the people we’re playing against are quite a bit better on average imo. I’m happy with where the project it heading.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Customs in CE feel way better to me personally. Some players still have terminator moments and sometimes I'll get 3 shot or sniped too easily but it feels fairer than before imo. Host doesn't feel like an automatic loss.

Bullet redirect is the next big issue they're tackling.

Is easy aiming for pistol/sniper still an issue? If so, you know if they are aware of it? I dunno if it’s big hit boxes or high mag or something completely different.

Is easy aiming for pistol/sniper still an issue? If so, you know if they are aware of it? I dunno if it’s big hit boxes or high mag or something completely different.

The hit boxes and magnetism match OG perfectly on standing still targets. You can test on split screen.

The problem is lag compensation somehow just gives away shots sometimes especially if your ping is really bad. So many times I've swiped and hit shots. It's really fucking hard to test it and show it unfortunately. Anyway yes kornman is aware of it.

My bad i started drama.  :kappa:

Starting to think Ace is drunk at the wheel or something.

Don't drink and stream, kids.

Or at least learn how to be a good shill first before you do. 

That comment from GreatfulGert had me rolling lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I do find it funny bringing up H3's jumps making it hard to watch and then bringing up HCE as more enjoyable to watch. If there's one thing HCE is the worst at in the Halo anthology that's it.

HCE jumps aren't super floaty, though. Watching Bestman play an Onslaught CTF was like watching underwater Halo to me. Movement speed seemed low, perfect kill times too long (even with the impressively improved registration), and jumps way too slow to descend (it's possible some of this feeling may come from the reticle being so low relative to every shooter I've played since 2015). Having most recently watched H5 New Orleans and Reach Columbus 2012 (ZBNS) even the sped up H3 MLG/Hardcore settings looked slow.

Also, the two points were separate; H3 2v2s are going to be bad to watch because H3 is just a bad 2v2 game period. Especially in comparison to H1.

• Upvote (+1) 5