CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Whats this 6GB update?

Fixes for CEA lighting, MELD and some Halo 4 audio bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to play more CE if anyone is down for games @@Hard Way @BR N00b @@Apoll0 @@Silos

I was supposed to go to a LAN tonight but the host never got back to me. So I think I'm in? When were you thinking?

I was supposed to go to a LAN tonight but the host never got back to me. So I think I'm in? When were you thinking?

ASAP? I wanna play multiple series as long as possible haha

ASAP? I wanna play multiple series as long as possible haha

I'll need a little longer than you're hoping sadly, I'm still at work. I can grab a bite on my way home and be on in an hour though if other people will be ready.

I'll need a little longer than you're hoping sadly, I'm still at work. I can grab a bite on my way home and be on in an hour though if other people will be ready.

I just want to play, I'm down to play later it's just super fun 

What did the update do?

Fixes for CEA lighting, MELD and some Halo 4 audio bugs.

Apparently this is all it fixed.

How does that take 6GBs?

It probably doesn't - 6GBs of files are being changed, not necessarily added. 

Some new stuff for today, the names above enemy players are bright red and sometimes it gives camo away. Not often, just sometimes. 

And, clinky don't clink.

Edit: If camo is shot with the AR host always sees the player model light up. If the player is not host then they wont see the player light up, but other players will. Camo will see themselves light up

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played my first Insider game today. Midship BRs 2v2 and everything for sure felt more consistent. I was able to 4 shot without too much trouble but at the same time it was really laggy. I'm not sure if that was just the server or what. Also the spawns were terrible. I was seeing people spawn in my LOS several times and I got spawn killed a few times. I don't remember this happening in OG H2 or even current MCC H2 in 4v4.

Some new stuff for today, the names above enemy players are bright red and sometimes it gives camo away. Not often, just sometimes. 

And, clinky don't clink.

Edit: If camo is shot with the AR host always sees the player model light up. If the player is not host then they wont see the player light up, but other players will. Camo will see themselves light up

This was a huge pita to get uploaded since xboxdvr doesn't seem to be working nor are most of the "Share" options on my xbox...

Here is a vid of what happens occasionally where the new red nametag will give away a camo player.

• Upvote (+1) 7

CE pistol battles feel better, but I'm pretty sure plasma stun still doesn't really work .

CE pistol battles feel better, but I'm pretty sure plasma stun still doesn't really work .

It sort of works, just a lot easier to get out of

Summary of the night: CE feels moderately better, shots actually seem to register but the pistol is still too ez IMO. H2 is slightly better, but at range the BR is still garbage, this might be by design, I don't have a lot of OG H2 experience. H3 is awesome, the people saying it feels like LAN weren't lying.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I'm convinced they fixed any shooting problems in H2, but made all the spawns worse. I want to try CE but Out of the 8 games I played, 7 were H2 and one was H3.

Apparently in whatever discord is used for MCC insider the guy that is doing a lot of the work said he made the names above players heads red in Halo 1 to "make it more in line with other halos"?