CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

slightly worse cause it has a few more glitches. 

WOW.....go figure....

Just like you remember.......... :weback:

Thanks for the response, even if it isn't the best news.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am pretty sure this means it is opening up to everyone this week.

72ad26952dbc7d4e8ad3c51f5dde8174-png.jpg

It opened up for me very recently. Today I was able to download it for the first time. Found a few games (CE felt great), but now I am getting Searching for player......... Searching for players.... Searching for players.... 

There is tons of activity on discord, social media, YouTube etc. Not sure what you're talking about? It's just a beta to fix a 4 year old game, I'm already surprised at how many people are involved. This isn't a new Halo game or anything.

Is this a specific Discord channel?

So is there a reason they haven't advertised this what so ever? No tweets no emails nothing this was a perfect time to email all 40k + people who signed up. This could have been really fun. instead i am stuck matching the same people over and over again. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

So is there a reason they haven't advertised this what so ever? No tweets no emails nothing this was a perfect time to email all 40k + people who signed up. This could have been really fun. instead i am stuck matching the same people over and over again. 

It's really a shame. 100% they're gonna go "people weren't really committed to testing as most only played 3 or less games" or some other bullshit metric. Well, how about you add some more fucking players into the flights and advertise this correctly? I would love to help test this, but I'm not going to play a lobby simulator for hours on end.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's really a shame. 100% they're gonna go "people weren't really committed to testing as most only played 3 or less games" or some other bullshit metric. Well, how about you add some more fucking players into the flights and advertise this correctly? I would love to help test this, but I'm not going to play a lobby simulator for hours on end.

If everyone that said this would hop on we'd have a decent sized pop, at least enough to get games without it taking forever. I mean personally I'm not doing anything important when I play so I just watch Joe Rogan while I'm searching. I usually find games within 5-10 minutes. I played like around 10 games last night in the span of two-ish hours? Didn't have too much of a problem finding people. This was pretty late as well, but I feel your pain on some nights.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this a specific Discord channel?

There are 4. One in my sig. one in clutchys sig. one "all halo" discord run by the h2 guys then postums has his own discord which you could find from one of the above

Last night I played Insider and got 5 back-to-back matches of HCE. Had a bit of fun, even though for a couple matches my team got destroyed.

The supposed dedicated servers definitely seem to help with registration consistency for the entire sandbox. I actually melted a couple guys with the AR, and even almost got a double kill with it if not for running out of ammo on the last guy. Plasma Rifle melee killed a couple guys too, although hard to tell if the stun actually works, a couple times I thought it might have. For the Shotgun, I 1-hit killed a guy point blank then had a nice 3-hit kill on his buddy from 10-15 feet away.

The Magnum is definitely NOT hitscan, I felt the need to lead shots and could actually notice the travel time, but it wasn't obnoxious. I just wish for NHE zero spread so that cross-mapping on Hamg 'em High felt better. Didn't get to mess with Snipe much, but the one kill I got with it on Hang 'em a week or so ago felt right.

Speaking of NHE, it would be nice if they actually did bring some of the features of that to MCC, as I hate having to have an external timer, and would LOVE to see respawn timers for each player along with perhaps spawn point highlights for teammates. I need to look that stuff up at some point. Never seen it but NHE sounds awesome.

Anyway, the best way that I can describe CE right now, with no known changes other than those dedicated servers, is that it kinda feels like playing campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are 4. One in my sig. one in clutchys sig. one "all halo" discord run by the h2 guys then postums has his own discord which you could find from one of the above

Alright, thanks. I need to not use mobile so much otherwise I would see this stuff more.

idk what people who said H3 BR feels better were smoking, it feels even worse at times than OG H3 BR. And H2 shots sometimes land sometimes don't. Gotten 0 CE games while searching for it so far so can't say anything about that.

idk what people who said H3 BR feels better were smoking, it feels even worse at times than OG H3 BR. And H2 shots sometimes land sometimes don't. Gotten 0 CE games while searching for it so far so can't say anything about that.

ce and 2 dont feel different. h3 has different hitboxes and cleaner shot registration

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean I'm usually high af when I'm playing, but even then I can still tell a huge difference in shot reg between MCC and MCC Insider build. Maybe you just suck at aiming. :kappa:

For real though it feels like a completely different game to me in this build. I have enough time on OG MCC to know a difference and I can tell you shots register 1000x better. There's still the occasional questionable shot, but that's going to happen with any online game.

ce and 2 dont feel different. h3 has different hitboxes and cleaner shot registration

Feels worse than ever for me, I see people use ARs because they can kill BR users more often than not which is just absurd.

#tonsofactivity

I don't think they care if tons of people play it.

They have enough where people can find games and report bugs. I found games within 2 or 3 minutes almost every time even outside official play sessions.

If you care there's tons of discords, waypoint, etc to find custom games or put a team together. Or even here on beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Feels worse than ever for me, I see people use ARs because they can kill BR users more often than not which is just absurd.

I'm almost certain problems are location based now assuming people have a decent internet connection. Its really the only way I can think of to explain the polarizing way that people are taking the dedicated servers. There are/were a few weird quirks with it like snipe shots giving blood if you were a bit far away in H3 in situations that it would never have happened before 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait for the MCC update so I never have to worry about trashcans voting H3 AR over anything

Was just coming to say this myself. Hopped on retail MCC to play some Dubs, 1 vote for H2 Middy TS BR (me) 3 votes for H3 Heretic KOTH AR/Pistol 3sec respawns (everyone else)

I'm almost certain problems are location based now assuming people have a decent internet connection. Its really the only way I can think of to explain the polarizing way that people are taking the dedicated servers. There are/were a few weird quirks with it like snipe shots giving blood if you were a bit far away in H3 in situations that it would never have happened before 

Yeah that's probably it.

If everyone that said this would hop on we'd have a decent sized pop, at least enough to get games without it taking forever.

And if everyone cut down their carbon emissions then global warming wouldn't be a problem, how's that working out? Of course, if the 10k players in the playtest were online 24/7 we'd always find games, but that scenario is just so far-fetched that it doesn't even matter.

The continued absence of population counters is also very harmful. It doesn't even have to be in-game, just send out an email every week when most people are online and in which playlists or something.

Restricting playtests to the scheduled playtests (that are very US-biased timezone-wise might I add) is just a huge wasted opportunity. Let's just hope they add all the MCC insider people asap so we can to testing on a large scale and get this game to the state it deserves.

My partner and I are looking to run some HCE customs tonight in the MCC insider build tonight around 8PM EST. If you are interested, send a friend request to BR N00b (zeroes not O's), and we will get some games going.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My partner and I are looking to run some HCE customs tonight in the MCC insider build tonight around 8PM EST. If you are interested, send a friend request to BR N00b (zeroes not O's), and we will get some games going.

I'm down. Vinny Mendoza is my gt.

"We intentionally haven't sent out notification emails to Insider participants yet, but if you fire up the Xbox Insider app you should be able to download the MCC Insider build and jump in!"

Hope that answers the questions about hyping it up and sending emails.

• Upvote (+1) 1