CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Holy shit dude, your ignorance is astounding. Watch ANY H1 montage. For real. Like, any of them.

The reticle being big makes the pistol harder to use, not easier. You get way more reliable bullet magnetism when you aim with the edges of the reticle in CE. Counterintuitive, I know, but the size of the reticle is something that works against you, not for you.

You have no fucking idea what you’re talking about when it comes to this game. Either educate yourself or stop speaking about it, because you are almost always wrong.

friday-damn-gif-4.gif

In the real world we ignore crazy and let it shout out into the void and disappear. If someone yelled "I'm the Roman emperor" we'd ignore them. Then someone says something like this on the internet, 

there’s simple ways to give empowerment without super low TTK. In reach you loterallly could take out 3 opponents by yourself, if you had superior aim and a good ass strafe. And the reach dmr even with zero bloom has the highest TTK.

And we give them 37 reasons why they're wrong. We should just ignore crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

No one respond to you know who he's crazy, just let him disappear quietly. 

I am pretty sure this means it is opening up to everyone this week.

72ad26952dbc7d4e8ad3c51f5dde8174-png.jpg

Who wants to run this all day forever

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the real world we ignore crazy and let it shout out into the void and disappear. If someone yelled "I'm the Roman emperor" we'd ignore them. Then someone says something like this on the internet, 

And we give them 37 reasons why they're wrong. We should just ignore crazy. 

I disagree, depending on what's being said. Sometimes ignoring it allows misinformation to gain a foothold with the right audience. That audience grows, and eventually they cause problems. See: cults, or Waypoint.

Edit: I just saw I had two notifications that I was quoted by @@Supermelee24, 1 minute apart from each other. Apparently both were deleted. Yikes. If you have something you'd like to discuss, a question you'd like to ask, or a point you'd like to make, I'm all ears. But if you're just butthurt that I said you were ignorant about a game you don't play and that you habitually say incorrect things about it, then I can't help you. I guess just learn to tell the difference between an insult and an unpleasant truth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

show me top players doing that in ce or h2, to top players. Stop using cop outs to try justifying your bullshit opinion. You clearly saw in that clip him taking 3 opponents out by himself all dmr no overshield. They’re in mlg playlist so those guys most likely weren’t bad but moderately decent. Your the kind of person who’s only played ce and hated everything else.

Halo 1 is a bit tough because it's usually played 2v2. There's sick clips from the Ogre 2 montage of him getting high multi-kills, but not a ton of them had several players focused on him, regardless give it a look.

If 2v2 is enough, here's several clips in just one montage of one player going off either with just his pistol, or sometimes using melees. I was only casually watching it while working, but here's some timestamps I noticed.

3:04
3:42
4:03
4:44
5:07
8:15
10:03
11:43

Finally, here's a clip from a Skolls H2 montage where he gets a Halo 2 killing frenzy, which is a five kill multikill

These were the three of the first four montages I looked at by the way. Instead of looking at the minitage by Skolls I looked at Immortal 2, but it had a lot of BXRs in it which I figured you may have argued against me if I used it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I am pretty sure this means it is opening up to everyone this week.

72ad26952dbc7d4e8ad3c51f5dde8174-png.jpg

What about it says this week?

There were 2-3 playlist usually and it was already impossibly hard to find games. No way they're adding all these playlists without expanding the player base.

Wait, so what playlists can we play right now? Any impressions so far?

1v1.  Not enough players for anything else.  I tried for a few minutes last night in every playlist and only got a couple 1v1s.  I got goosed on Midship when he got sword and P2 control right off the bat then watched a marvel movie lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1v1. Not enough players for anything else. I tried for a few minutes last night in every playlist and only got a couple 1v1s. I got goosed on Midship when he got sword and P2 control right off the bat then watched a marvel movie lol.

That almost happened to me this morning, I went 3 to 15. Was probably the hardest fucking I've ever had in a Halo game.

That almost happened to me this morning, I went 3 to 15. Was probably the hardest fucking I've ever had in a Halo game.

It was so bad haha.  If there was no sword and i spawned with frags, it would have been doable but with sword and stickies?  Nah i was fucked so when it got to like 0-10 i said fuck it and quit lol.  I don't like 1v1 at all frankly and i didn't even get enough reps in to see if the hit detection felt different so it was a giant waste of time.

1v1.  Not enough players for anything else.  I tried for a few minutes last night in every playlist and only got a couple 1v1s.  I got goosed on Midship when he got sword and P2 control right off the bat then watched a marvel movie lol.

Spent some time searching every playlist except for action sack & BTB, so far 1v1's are quick to find(around 5 sec, but 2 were against the same guy), and got a H3 game in like 10 seconds once and nothing afterwards.

It was so bad haha. If there was no sword and i spawned with frags, it would have been doable but with sword and stickies? Nah i was fucked so when it got to like 0-10 i said fuck it and quit lol. I don't like 1v1 at all frankly and i didn't even get enough reps in to see if the hit detection felt different so it was a giant waste of time.

Yeah he got the sword and just kept killing me, sometimes didn't even have a chance to get my bearings after a spawn before I was dead again.

It is available to everyone who signed up so i was right about this week.

Why is there like 0 hype for this right now? Like, anywhere? I don't understand. Is Halo really dad?

Why is there like 0 hype for this right now? Like, anywhere? I don't understand. Is Halo really dad?

There is tons of activity on discord, social media, YouTube etc. Not sure what you're talking about? It's just a beta to fix a 4 year old game, I'm already surprised at how many people are involved. This isn't a new Halo game or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is tons of activity on discord, social media, YouTube etc. Not sure what you're talking about? It's just a beta to fix a 4 year old game, I'm already surprised at how many people are involved. This isn't a new Halo game or anything.

Well I'm not on discord, so I can't speak to that. And last I checked YouTube there were literally 0 videos about it...(talking about this most recent public flight, not the update in general). Granted it has only been a day, but still.

Barely anyone on Twitch has been streaming it. Halo-wise, people are mostly still streaming H5 and stock MCC.

None of the forums I frequent are popping at all (granted I only visit a few). Not even Waypoint.

Wouldn't really call that "tons".

Just figured there would be a LITTLE more hype about it, but that's just me.

Personally my hype levels are through two roofs though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has anyone noticed any difference in HCE in this latest build? Or is the game basically untouched?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone noticed any difference in HCE in this latest build? Or is the game basically untouched?

slightly worse cause it has a few more glitches. 

• Upvote (+1) 1