CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What does Halo Online have to do with anything? It doesn't even have matchmaking.

that doesn’t mean anything. It showed that a classic halo could work in modern times.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We are on track for an August update. Please do not be toxic. If this new MCC team doesn't deliver anything then sure, start being reasonably critical. Until then let's give them a chance because they've been fairly on track and very transparent.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They are functioning in H2 on the insider build

• Upvote (+1) 2

Expecting hard party restrictions is ridiculous.y and ud be waiting forever for games.

The real issue is that randoms dont callout anymore

The real issue is players have next to no individual empowerment in a slow Ttk environment. Parties wouldn't be an issue if you could feasibly deal with multiple opponents.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The real issue is players have next to no individual empowerment in a slow Ttk environment. Parties wouldn't be an issue if you could feasibly deal with multiple opponents.

there’s simple ways to give empowerment without super low TTK. In reach you loterallly could take out 3 opponents by yourself, if you had superior aim and a good ass strafe. And the reach dmr even with zero bloom has the highest TTK.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In reach you loterallly could take out 3 opponents by yourself, if you had superior aim and a good ass strafe.

giphy.gif

Reach has the highest TTK and one of the shittiest strafes of the series with fairly forgiving aim assist as well. Unless you're playing SWAT and your opponents are competely thumbless, you're not winning a 3v1.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Any word on emblems being in the old halos?

They work in 2 & 3, but don't appear on armor/appear incorrectly.

there’s simple ways to give empowerment without super low TTK. In reach you loterallly could take out 3 opponents by yourself, if you had superior aim and a good ass strafe. And the reach dmr even with zero bloom has the highest TTK.

Without bogging you down with the mathematical reason why that's highly improbable in Reach, I'll just ask you, do you know how many shots each one of those players would need to miss in order for me to kill all of them in a straight up DMR/Strafe only fight?

Here's the math equation btw, http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12361-why-kill-times-matter/

Without bogging you down with the mathematical reason why that's highly improbable in Reach, I'll just ask you, do you know how many shots each one of those players would need to miss in order for me to kill all of them in a straight up DMR/Strafe only fight?

Here's the math equation btw, http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12361-why-kill-times-matter/

I’ll post a clip of someone doing it.

I'm going to say right now, outliers aren't going to prove anything. The vast majority of Halo's core gameplay has revolved around around 2>1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In reach you loterallly could take out 3 opponents by yourself, if you had superior aim and a good ass strafe. And the reach dmr even with zero bloom has the highest TTK.

Conan-OBrien-This-Is-Gonna-Be-Good.gif?s

Dude we all know that clip.

Stuff like this is so rare that it's montage-worthy, even more than that. I mean just this clip alone has more views than most Halo montages that have come out in the last 5 years. This is literally a 1 in a million event. This is way more likely to happen in CE, like thousands of times more likely.

Reach's shooting skill gap is pretty mediocre. It's not as awful as Halo 4 and 5 where a blind dude without thumbs could literally go positive in a slayer match, but it's pretty awful when compared to H3 (less aim assist) and H2 (insane strafe) and of course CE (both).

• Upvote (+1) 6

In reach you loterallly could take out 3 opponents by yourself, if you had superior aim and a good ass strafe.

Show me one top 16 player who could consistently do that to top 64 players in reach.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Show me one top 16 player who could consistently do that to top 64 players in reach.

Shit, not even top 64. I'd take an average Onyx player. Especially if he's talking about bloom DMR. lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

But can you prove that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But can you prove that.

I fail to see how it can't get any simpler beyond just making guns kill faster. That's about as simple as it gets.

But can you prove that.

well the SHC is proof, and none of you can show a clip in CE of a guy doing that to top players. In CE you have a huge ass reticule where it’s easy as hell to keep it on your target. It’s projectile shooting is what gives it the desired skill.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

show me top players doing that in ce or h2, to top players. Stop using cop outs to try justifying your bullshit opinion. You clearly saw in that clip him taking 3 opponents out by himself all dmr no overshield. They’re in mlg playlist so those guys most likely weren’t bad but moderately decent. Your the kind of person who’s only played ce and hated everything else.
  • Downvote (-1) 5

well the SHC is proof, and none of you can show a clip in CE of a guy doing that to top players. In CE you have a huge ass reticule where it’s easy as hell to keep it on your target. It’s projectile shooting is what gives it the desired skill.

show me top players doing that in ce or h2, to top players. Stop using cop outs to try justifying your bullshit opinion. You clearly saw in that clip him taking 3 opponents out by himself all dmr no overshield. They’re in mlg playlist so those guys most likely weren’t bad but moderately decent. Your the kind of person who’s only played ce and hated everything else.

Outliers are not proof. And those weren't "top players" in reach btw.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It can't be done in H2. CE is usually played 2v2 by top players but there are plenty of times in gameplay when those guys get double kills by out-pistoling the other team while strafing. It is one of the least surprising occurrences to see in a high-level match of CE, unlike the one time in reach a random guy did it against randoms. Reach was poorly designed and having one 9 second example won't overcome that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 2 is the only halo game after CE where an individual can take on multiple players regularly. Button combos opens a lot of doors.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 2 is the only halo game after CE where an individual can take on multiple players regularly. Button combos opens a lot of doors.

It's mostly the raw gunplay that's been problematic. Having decently powerful melee, grenades and button combos are the only things allowing some empowerment. But they are only a band aid to Halo's shallow gunplay issues.
  • Upvote (+1) 1