CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Remember when we asked 343 to get rid of hit markers on mcc ce and they just lowered the volume because they couldnt figure out how to remove them.

god bless. 

Exactly as you remember it

Low key the hit sound markers were nice because they were from the PC version, and many old arena shooter PC games commonly had those sounds. However I do agree, hit markers and sounds arent really needed now since online has improved so much(kinda). 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Low key the hit sound markers were nice because they were from the PC version, and many old arena shooter PC games commonly had those sounds. However I do agree, hit markers and sounds arent really needed now since online has improved so much(kinda).

hitmarkers on grenades/rockets break maps. You shouldnt get enemy location info from throwing a grenade into an area you cant see. You know theyre one shot and where they are. Being one shot is enough of a punishment
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I just received this tweet from @@DeRsKy

I'd be so happy if this happens.

If it does it will be something like what Halo 5 does.  Strict party matching for the first 2 minutes, then it loosens up from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously don't know how they went from Halo 4's aiming, to Halo 5's aiming and thought it was an upgrade. Whatever sense curves and algorithms they were using in H4, just copy and paste that shit for Halo Infinite and add in the dead zone and acceleration options from H5. If they could add 1/2 or 1/4 ticks to the sensitivity that would be great. I don't really think we need the separate horizontal and vertical settings if the aiming at its core isn't dogshit.

ehhhh, H4 would still need more work than that. better maps, no ordinance, no loadouts, proper ranked and social splits. When you get into the details Halo 4 is a really bad multiplayer experience.

guess I meant more gameplay wise. Sure load outs suck but a couple playlist like legendary was all you needed.

Tbh I think loadouts should stay in halo but only for custom games and invasion(if they ever bring that back that is)

If it does it will be something like what Halo 5 does. Strict party matching for the first 2 minutes, then it loosens up from there.

I hate that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate that.

I don't actually.  For most people that aren't going to be bothered its fine.  In a game with a good population it would be able to find you a game in less than that 2 minute period anyway.  The issue i have with it is that there is no indication in the UI what is happening...

It should say "Searching for XYZ - Expanding Search - Searching for ABC" etc.  If i know that after 2 minutes its going to start allowing full parties because its communicated to me on time in the interface, i can back out and requeue.  The way it is now you have to tweet at Josh Menke and figure out how long it sticks with party search, then start a timer and back out.  I say 2 minutes because last i knew thats what the timing was, but it very well could have changed by now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't actually. For most people that aren't going to be bothered its fine. In a game with a good population it would be able to find you a game in less than that 2 minute period anyway. The issue i have with it is that there is no indication in the UI what is happening...

It should say "Searching for XYZ - Expanding Search - Searching for ABC" etc. If i know that after 2 minutes its going to start allowing full parties because its communicated to me on time in the interface, i can back out and requeue. The way it is now you have to tweet at Josh Menke and figure out how long it sticks with party search, then start a timer and back out. I say 2 minutes because last i knew thats what the timing was, but it very well could have changed by now.

bruh who the fuck is going to time it every time? Full parties should just be kicked from the mm pool and search again or search solo/duo it’s what us h3 lovers omhsvd had to do and it’s worked.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo does not need fucking hit sounds, that's what shield flare and bullet sparks are for (provided they fix them to show when they actually hit goddamnit).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Matching groups when you search solo is garbage. It's made me not want to go into matchmaking alone since Reach came out. I want an option before I search to not match teams bigger than two people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If everything goes as planned everyone who signed up for insider will be in next week. I expect things to move real quick after phase 2. i am also pretty sure we will get a announcement the week after that on when the update is dropping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

bruh who the fuck is going to time it every time? Full parties should just be kicked from the mm pool and search again or search solo/duo it’s what us h3 lovers omhsvd had to do and it’s worked.

Whoever doesn't want to bother even risking playing against parties. There are better ways to handle it though. Dealing with the party restriction issue you have 3 options:

1) Enforce hard party restrictions 100% of the time. Regardless of playlist population.

2) Enforce hard party restrictions for X amount of time, potentially variable based on playlist population.

3) Give players an option to choose and easy way to switch their choice if they feel its taking too long to find games.

Really, 3 is the right answer.  There are already options for strict, balanced or expanded in Halo 5.  Thats a great start really.  But what they need to do is something akin to Strict = 100% hard party restrictions, Balanced = 2 minutes then expands, Expanded = Expands right away and communicate this in the interface.  It doesn't have to follow that exact form obviously.  If they wanted to get more granular with it they could. The point is, the lower the barrier of entry for understanding all this stuff, the more likely players are going to understand the options and choose what they think gives them the best experience.  We 100% do not need to enforce hard party restrictions all the time, but they should absolutely give players the choice to turn that on should they choose and make it very obvious in the interface while searching how to tailor that.  Burying it in a settings menu is 95% as bad as not having the option at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

tfw you can only find games on expanded, no matter the playlist

Expecting hard party restrictions is ridiculous.y and ud be waiting forever for games.

The real issue is that randoms dont callout anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1

Expecting hard party restrictions is ridiculous.y and ud be waiting forever for games.

The real issue is that randoms dont callout anymore

But is absence of party restrictions an effect or the cause of low population? LIke the awful "ClAsSiC HaLo W0uLDNT SeLl iN ToDaYs GamInG MaRkETT" argument, this has never actually been proven. Maybe people would play way more if they were getting fair matches (I would) and thus the MM times wouldn't even change? H3 still has functioning party restrictions to this day, and until MCC came out and decimated the OG H3 population people were still finding quality games in a timely fashion.

But is absence of party restrictions an effect or the cause of low population? LIke the awful "ClAsSiC HaLo W0uLDNT SeLl iN ToDaYs GamInG MaRkETT" argument, this has never actually been proven. Maybe people would play way more if they were getting fair matches (I would) and thus the MM times wouldn't even change? H3 still has functioning party restrictions to this day, and until MCC came out and decimated the OG H3 population people were still finding quality games in a timely fashion.

I find that argument bullshit, because halo online hit 15k pop and it wasn’t even widely known. Sure atm it’s not down BUT! In order to download it you have to find it from a random website that isn’t eldewrito, or their reddit page which most would find the link to begin with. Also they’re no longer allowed to develop the game further which makes many not want to play.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait this isn't done yet? It's August... Lol.[/quote if 343 tells you a month they’ll release something, you can greatly assume, it won’t happen, it’ll be like the 25th-31st, or delayed to the next year.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I find that argument bullshit, because halo online hit 15k pop and it wasn’t even widely known. Sure atm it’s not down BUT! In order to download it you have to find it from a random website that isn’t eldewrito, or their reddit page which most would find the link to begin with. Also they’re no longer allowed to develop the game further which makes many not want to play.

What does Halo Online have to do with anything? It doesn't even have matchmaking.