CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I hope they make us find the skulls in the missions before we get to use them, I liked doing that in Halo 3. But considering how they are offering them for pre order bonuses, I'm not holding my breath.

I assumed we would be finding them in game like in H3.

Also didn't Halo 2 have name indicator's the same colour as the team you're on? So if you see a blue enemy, his name indicator will be blue?

I always thought that it was just red to indicate an enemy. 

The only game where you saw colored red/blue nameplates based on teams that I can readily recall was Battlefield 1942.

We had MLG in Halo's glory days, and now you shit on them? Gawd, AGL fanboy.

Halo started MLG and they turned their back on it (after an amazing performance at MLG Columbus which is where if we didn't bring it, it was the end, and everyone brought it!). So I don't care either way for MLG, I think 343i should think about hosting their own events. they'll have the funding to get it started.

I always thought that it was just red to indicate an enemy. 

The only game where you saw colored red/blue nameplates based on teams that I can readily recall was Battlefield 1942.

Nope not red. Not tied to team color though.

224766-h2screen.jpg

So you're telling me that we should throw out a bit of the learning curve in order to ease players in.

When you say that, the first things i think of are the words "crutch" and "training wheels." With the problem being that said words have an implication of being temporary (unless of course you're Tiny Tim).

And don't get me wrong. there should be a method of "easing" players in. It's just not changing the way the base mechanics work all for the sake of making a competitive game easier to play. Instead, it's called the "training" playlist and "proper implementation and utilization of Trueskill."

What makes you so entitled to staying at the top?

What makes you so entitled to staying at the top?

I imagine that if I were on top, I'd say something along the lines of "because I earned it." Instead of being handheld through it by people who made the game easier to play.

Additionally, I should lose to Vetoed or Gamesager as much as LubricatedOwl67 loses to me. I don't want to get a kill on them just because I can aim to the left or the right of my target and still hit them enough for the 4 shot (and I sure as Hell don't want DickshoeMcGee420 doing the same to me).

30 minutes of halo gameplay

SICK SICK SICK AND MORE SICK!

It's very sad if you think about it that it takes a game developer re-booting an old game that's 10 years old and completely craps on most if not all of the current FPS games available on console.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Recap so far:

Zenith is pronounced Ze-nith not Zen-ith

It means the highest point/most powerful or successful time

Examples  

The zenith of Halo lasted from 2006-2010.

The sun reaches its zenith around noon. 

I have no clue why they named the map zenith when its not really any form of zenith. 

No, he's a total penis. And he can't say anything with the letter "x" in it correctly (e.g. he says "Etts-bots" instead of "XBOX" lol).

He's annoying. But I couldn't find the original Sparkcast episode he included in the video, so...

FYI...he has said several times he has a speech impediment on his videos. I like him, but I agree he does WAYY too many videos lately.

He uses literally any excuse to make a Halo video, which makes his content completely useless. If someone made a troll thread on here saying "Halo 5 has been cancelled lololol", he would probably make a serious video about it. The video title would be 'Halo 5 Cancelled!', then the description would be '... at least according to this thread. But I don't believe it personally'.

Also, he comes across as someone who doesn't really care that much about Halo.

Okay...interesting opinion.

Why would you believe he doesnt really care about Halo? He has said MANY times on his videos he loves the game to death, both the games and the books lore.

30 minutes of halo gameplay

It's nice watching somebody who isn't a complete idiot playing for once. :D

God I am loving every second of this. It's like watching the game reborn again....even if it is only H2A, it still looks like a damn fun game and damn well made. I love H2 classic but this is fresh, and that is what I want. I'm kind of sick of going back to the old games. 343 is just unleashing their wrath. 

Kind of a small thing to complain about but I really wish they'd do something about the ragdoll physics when you fall off of the map... The whole "top heavy" falling head-first thing that the Spartans do looks super awkward.

Granted it doesn't really mean anything for the gameplay but it just annoys me when I see it... It bothered me in Halo 4 as well lol.

I don't like how they kept the shit tier vehicle durability from Reach/4 Halo 3 did it best but did anyone notice if the weapon despawn time is back too 45 seconds or is it still at the awful 12 seconds in was in Halo 4.

@@Knox

Think they named it that because zenith is a synonym for ascension. Same for how Pinnacle (Reach name) is a synonym for Ascension. Also, Asylum (Reach name) is a synonym for Sanctuary, and now shrine is also a synonym for Sanctuary.

• Upvote (+1) 4

would sprint be balanced if you stopped sprinting when shot, and couldn't sprint again for 1.5 seconds?

At that point, it just seems we are trying to complicate things for nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

did anyone notice if the weapon despawn time is back too 45 seconds or is it still at the awful 12 seconds in was in Halo 4.

This is a good question we need to ask quin about this 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Fun fact. I used to play Halo 2 on a shitty Zenith CRT so it's pretty cool to me that Ascension is now named Zenith

I noticed this when I watched the video a second time around, but haven't seen it in some of the other multiplayer gameplay videos posted here. Thoughts? I apologize if this has been covered already.

Edit: Nevermind, had to back several pages but I found some related info. Sorry!

iIiBRpr.jpg

Don't know if this is the first we have seen of it but here is what OS looks like in H2A right now. Also, it can be picked up by walking through it, no button presses needed.

a74b210531827f4a2534e54cded01834.png

Here is the full vid courtesy of Greenskull

• Upvote (+1) 3