CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Do the MCC devs actually have access to the source code of the original trilogy (and not the PC versions)? I would imagine they'd have to if H3 made it onto the collection.

Yes of course. They own all the rights to the franchise meaning source code, assets, everything. I'm sure fixing the PC ports is easier than re-porting them since the Xbox is basically just a weak gaming PC.

They're running on new maps if anyone's interested.

hold up I'm OOTL, new maps in Halo CE?

explain

Did I just read bots?

I did. They would have been pretty handy 17 years ago!

Don’t get too excited. It’s single player and co op only. You load into Prisoner and there’s a master chief or two that runs around on rails and spots at you. It’s mostly just target practice.

Phase 2 got delayed great wonder how long it will take to fix this issue.

c81a4569f88c284b9f2b96cc9f7c8a23.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

well the last build had some new bugs it would make sense to get those fixed first

Don’t get too excited. It’s single player and co op only. You load into Prisoner and there’s a master chief or two that runs around on rails and spots at you. It’s mostly just target practice.

if they could strafe it would be amazing. Though its still good target practice or practing sniping/pistoling under fire

That's literally all they needed 17 years ago. If they added rudimentary bots for all maps so if you only had 2-3 players you could still play "16 player" Blood Gulch CTF with your mates it would have been absolutely gold.

Yeah Blood Gulch CTF is often called overrated but my friends and I were scrubs so give us some slack.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@GrimBrother One Could you make sure the guys who are working on the mcc see this or just pass it along for us.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider-program---h2-classic-feedback-thread/cef89ade-42f5-471e-bb0d-e3a1ee4309d5/posts

So uh judging by this thread and the other multiplayer feedback thread it seems like the netcode on H2C hasn’t even been touched which doesn’t bode well for CE given it’s gotten even less coverage.

I really hope 343 doesn’t think that leaving the older games with broken netcode is by any means acceptable and it’s not going to help retaining population if people’s first experience with the “fixed mcc” is horrendous netcode that is currently in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well at least they are communicating about it. 3 years, never forget. 

Winners of the H2A forge contest, these will most likely be put into the H2A playlist.

Winners in spoilers below.

3rd place: Epic by a Chunk & Xandrith

2nd place: Heatstroke by Kell of Scots

1st place: Select by SecretSchnitzel

• Upvote (+1) 3

Winners of the H2A forge contest, these will most likely be put into the H2A playlist.

Kinda hoping they just stay in the H2A playlist if I'm being honest. Not to discredit the maps or anything, but if I get H2A in cross-game Slayer, I want to play an actual H2 map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So "Select" is a narrows remake that went sideways?  Looks better than Narrows really, i always thought that narrows was overrated and hated the lower bridge area.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So "Select" is a narrows remake that went sideways? Looks better than Narrows really, i always thought that narrows was overrated and hated the lower bridge area.

It was in Reach. It was okay. It’ll play better in H2A.

Underwood should've won this, imo.  I'm shocked that it didn't make the top 3.  

I'm a bit disappointed that there weren't more original maps selected.  Previous versions of Select and Epic have have already been matchmaking in other Halo games.  They're solid enough designs, but it would've been nice to see some other maps get the recognition.  Underwood and Lacuna would've been my top 2 choices.

Regardless, I'm glad there will be a few more maps added to the rotation in H2A.  It needed to happen, and it was nice to see the forge community given an opportunity to submit their content rather than having it all done behind the scenes. I'm hoping that maybe they'll decide to add some of the maps outside of the top 3 into matchmaking also.

I mean... its H2A. It needed more maps sure but forge can't save a game with like 3 playable 4v4 maps lol. Especially when its sitting next to all of the classic titles and doesn't even get to say its the newest game to draw people in. Would've been cool if they'd done any of this in a remotely useful time frame for H2A

• Upvote (+1) 2

forge can't save a game with like 3 playable 4v4 maps

I thought it was generally agreed upon that Reach v7 was alright.

It was in Reach. It was okay. It’ll play better in H2A.

Ahh so its a remake of a spinoff.  Makes sense I wouldn't remember it because i dropped Reach pretty quick.  Anything decent added to the map pool is welcome.