CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm sure some discords can be like that but this one never seemed like that to me. From what I can tell a summary of what goes on there has been posted here for people to discuss. So the information is still there but you can't provide feedback to them. The trade-off to me is that they are directly communicating in a platform that houses hundreds of dedicated players from modders to devs to competitive players to map makers to PC players etc. There seems to be some solid back and forth discussions from both parties who are willing to look into things in depth rather than base things on nostalgia, assumptions, or just make generalizing blanket statements about specific games/mechanics.

These forums are a mixed bag of opinions. I would rather them focus on Halo CE stuff in the Halo CE discord, Halo 2 stuff with the Halo 2 discord etc. There are some Halo 3 players out there that are die hard competitive players. I enjoy the game but personally am not sure why they don't enjoy CE 2's, but if they are trying to fix Halo 3 I would much rather have them try and communicate with those players than me.

They just need to talk to the really nerdy players. That sounds like an insult kind of but in a lot of cases talking to good/above average players doesn't always equal talking to someone that understands exactly why things work the way they do. Like you'll have tons of opinions from anyone about Halo 1-3 but for example a lot of people here didn't know what happens with the H2 spawn system when you jump vs the Wild Cherry video displaying that spawns actually are different on MCC. The level of familiarity from the people giving feedback is super important to the people trying to fix MCC so those discords are definitely where they belong. Not that they should ignore feedback from anywhere that actually goes into depth and is factually accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 2

99.9% of the people good at halo 3 don't even know the br has different spread values on each bullet of a burst. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

99.9% of the people good at halo 3 don't even know the br has different spread values on each bullet of a burst. 

That one is a little absurd to me. I still remember bungie's post where they basically told everyone they weren't changing anything about the BR and explained exactly how it works. That's also why 110% damage in H3 is used so that the impact of a random bullet is decreased to increase the reliability from further distances. It still falls apart when you shoot cannon to cannon or something on Narrows though

That one is a little absurd to me. I still remember bungie's post where they basically told everyone they weren't changing anything about the BR and explained exactly how it works. That's also why 110% damage in H3 is used so that the impact of a random bullet is decreased to increase the reliability from further distances. It still falls apart when you shoot cannon to cannon or something on Narrows though

it falls apart at all distances. you're forced to aim at the chest most of the time and swipe for the 4th shot. People aim at the chin and hope that the spread just randomly falls on their face if theyre weaker than full shields. the 11th bullet stuff does obviously help, that was the point. but its still inconsistent at max RRR or further. A perfect example is br-ing someone at s3 on guardian. you can't get consistent 4 shots no matter how good your aim is because only their head is visible. 

if ce gets a nhe (no spawn sounds+no spread) setting, I would love to get a no spread setting for halo 3 too. 

Every single part of the game is available to them to change to however they see fit.

With great difficulty.

Once again, ignorance. The Halo1Hub discord has about 350 members. Comprised of Programmers, Halo PC modders, the creators of NHE and Halo 1 players of various skill. All available to contact in real time. Please name something that makes using this forum better than using discord.

Who said anything about this forum? I was thinking major platforms - reddit, Halo Waypoint, Resetera - places where the public can see this behind-the-scenes stuff, instead of having to hope that someone relays what's being talked about.

Another ignorant statement. Chimera does not cause the animations to actually occur at 60 FPS. It interpolates them to give the appearance of 60 FPS.

Did I ever say otherwise? I wouldn't recommend something without, you know, reading about it. In addition to having the same visible result, it interpolates EVERYTHING.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO. You just don't know how to lead your shots. Git gud scrub. Lemme show you how it's done in a Guardian 1v1.

GT: EvaduR

• Upvote (+1) 3

LMAO. You just don't know how to lead your shots. Git gud scrub. Lemme show you how it's done in a Guardian 1v1.

GT: EvaduR

I cringed so hard because this is exactly what almost every1 in the halo 3 twitch community would say. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I cringed so hard because this is exactly what almost every1 in the halo 3 twitch community would say. 

H3 has always been like that lol its really bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah and you'd never catch them playing CE or H2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah and you'd never catch them playing CE or H2.

"h2 takes no skill you don't even have to lead"

"the pistol is overpowered theres no variety"

"h2 takes no skill you don't even have to lead"

"the pistol is overpowered theres no variety"

I'm almost certain the people who say the pistol is too strong because you "just kill everything in three hits" play nothing but AR users who run forward with their flashlights on the entire game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm almost certain the people who say the pistol is too strong because you "just kill everything in three hits" play nothing but AR users who run forward with their flashlights on the entire game.

My personal belief is that they have their perfect game that is halo 3 and think that 3 is less than 4 so its way easy. like imagine if the br was 3 shot, that would be dumb!

Maybe they just don't care enough to know.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Did Halo 2's aiming always feel this shit?

It's so square. I'm spinning the analog stick in circles and the reticule is drawing rectangles...

Did Halo 2's aiming always feel this shit?

It's so square. I'm spinning the analog stick in circles and the reticular is drawing rectangles...

They definitely fucked with the aiming, FOV was also lowered IIRC.

Anyone else have maps not loading at all in MM? I think I downloaded one of those "corrupt builds". Back to square one I guess.

They definitely fucked with the aiming, FOV was also lowered IIRC.

Anyone else have maps not loading at all in MM? I think I downloaded one of those "corrupt builds". Back to square one I guess.

I had a corrupt build myself i have had to reinstall the game 3 times now kind of annoying but it looks like they are working on a fix. 

Can someone remind me but did they ever confirm if there is going to be dedicated servers for custom games after the patch?

Can someone remind me but did they ever confirm if there is going to be dedicated servers for custom games after the patch?

they said MM only(for now)

I think I downloaded one of those "corrupt builds". Back to square one I guess.

It happens if your build is corrupted, or someone else you match.

Don't use intelligent delivery at all and you're fine.

They've said matchmaking only.

Do the MCC devs actually have access to the source code of the original trilogy (and not the PC versions)? I would imagine they'd have to if H3 made it onto the collection. 

It happens if your build is corrupted, or someone else you match.

Don't use intelligent delivery at all and you're fine.

another 72 GB install

Do the MCC devs actually have access to the source code of the original trilogy (and not the PC versions)? I would imagine they'd have to if H3 made it onto the collection.

might be harder to find code that old.