CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Im happy that they gave halo 3 its own BTB playlist. This way we can finally play something in the BTB playlist besides h3.

And conversely, I'm happy that I can finally play only Halo 3 BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

any standard gametype cross game 4v4 playlist is a terrible idea

H3 should have one additional playlist as any other game, not double the playlists

Refusal to combine and expand Harcore and Team Arena into a single playlist is incredibly disappointing

Why would you do that to yourself?

In defense of H3 btb, its the only one where you can basically ignore vehicles and still have an OK time if you hate vehicle play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would you do that to yourself?

Because I love Halo 3 BTB. It's by far the best. I like Halo 2 BTB as well, but will never play it again because I don't want to risk having to play CE, H2A, or H4 BTB.

There should not be multiple ranked 4v4 lists for any single game. Hardcore and TS need to be merged. Trash gametypes like SMG/AR start should be supported in a social playlist. They have no business being ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE 4v4 gone but we have two Hardcore playlists and H3 Doubles

Y I K E S

always one step forward, 2 steps back.

Crossgame playlists. We were so fucking close to having none, now we have fucking two and the only way to play two fames is in these fucking playlists so btb might was well not exist for halo2/1.

Honestly, the best thing about the playlist update is 343 acknowledging that Halo 4 isn't worthy of it's own playlist. They're finally listening after all these years.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, the best thing about the playlist update is 343 acknowledging that Halo 4 isn't worthy of it's own playlist. They're finally listening after all these years.

I mean idk about other people but I went out of my way to never play H4 on MCC. I may have a couple of games someone else played on my account but I know that I personally quit out of all of them if it was about to happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well the entirety of the h4 player base will be voting against us in btb while the ce/h2c player base will be diluted between four other playlists. They actually had it fine until some idiots in a discord got involved.

Also can you even search the cross game btb playlist without having H4 installed?  :kappa:

can you even search the cross game btb playlist without having H4 installed?  :kappa:

nah

nah

This is really dumb. I might as well not even use the smart install smh

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok good, Halo 1 4v4 is in. But Ouickplay Slayer still needs to be removed (BTB should be the only crossplay playlist), and rotational playlists kept at two. Keeping things as they are will dilute the population of the "core" playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also can you even search the cross game btb playlist without having H4 installed?

nah

My god, why are they so terrible at everything they do? This could have saved this update. FFS it's 4 years later and I still can't enjoy CE and H2 BTB in peace. How is it acceptable that they just backtrack on the "no more crossplay" statement? They literally said this in the second MCC development update:

We have heard feedback from the community [...]. In the future, we will limit playlists to a single game and remove the voting stage. With a clearer expectation of what is being played, this should also reduce the number of players quitting out just before a match starts.

They can't promise change and how they are going to be so much more open and transparent and then again lie to our faces. Overall I'm really salty about those playlists, even though CE 4v4 was apparently supposed to be there.

These two playlist:

• Quickplay Slayer - Slayer offerings across all four titles)
  • Crossplay BTB – Collection of BTB offerings on H1, H2C, H2A, and Halo 4

are going to be absolute cancer. I'm glad the H3 simulator in BTB is gone and that Team Hardcore was finally separated, but this could have been sooo much better with a little common sense. Their "intelligent delivery" is also anything but "intelligent" as you can't even separate H2A from H2C. Oh well. Let's hope they at least fixes some bugs and that the hitreg in the trilogy games is actually good this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone tried playing H1 customs yet? If so has anything major changed?

Yes I have. No changes have been made to H1 multiplayer as far as i can tell. It is the exact same as retail.

Did he elaborate beyond "complicated as fuck"? As in, actual technical reasons?

Yes, Halo CE on xbox and PC have alot of data stored in the map files besides map geometry such as sounds and weapon functionality characteristics. (like the pistol spread and PR/PP stun.) Alot of this was changed by Saber. As a result, Textures and Sounds have to be loaded from Saber's software. The pipeline they used to make this happen is poorly implemented. 

There is a bit more to what he said so if you want the full thing you really ought to join the Halo 1 Hub discord and read for yourself. From talking to kornman a bit and hearing other things other 343 guys have mentioned it looks like they do intend to fix the sounds and map geometry differences at some point. They just want everything to be done correctly instead of doing the bare minimum to make it work. As doing the bare minimum is what got MCC in the predicament it is in.

Also why does Halo 1 never get mentioned in any of the updates.

Halo 1 multiplayer has not really received any changes so there isn't anything to update.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes I have. No changes have been made to H1 multiplayer as far as i can tell. It is the exact same as retail.

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not the exact same as retail. Almost everyone I've seen has said shot registration is far more consistent thanks to the general network improvements they made.

There are other minor bug fixes apparently. I'm hoping kornman shares more exact details for this flight.

My god, why are they so terrible at everything they do? This could have saved this update. FFS it's 4 years later and I still can't enjoy CE and H2 BTB in piece. How is it acceptable that they just backtrack on the "no more crossplay" statement? They literally said this in the second MCC development update:

They can't promise change and how they are going to be so much more open and transparent and then again lie to our faces. Overall I'm really salty about those playlists, even though CE 4v4 was apparently supposed to be there.

These two playlist:

• Quickplay Slayer - Slayer offerings across all four titles)
  • Crossplay BTB – Collection of BTB offerings on H1, H2C, H2A, and Halo 4
are going to be absolute cancer. I'm glad the H3 simulator in BTB is gone and that Team Hardcore was finally separated, but this could have been sooo much better with a little common sense. Their "intelligent delivery" is also anything but "intelligent" as you can't even separate H2A from H2C. Oh well. Let's hope they at least fixes some bugs and that the hitreg in the trilogy games is actually good this time around.

It seems obvious to me that there was overwhelming demand for a cross play offering so they had to put it back in. In the case of btb it was probably cross play or JUST halo 2, which would exclude h4 entirely and give no H1 btb.

In my experience this makes sense because most people who like btb or slayer don't really care what Halo game they are playing, they just prefer those game types in general.

When they made their original statement about crossplay it was probably based on a lot of complaints from a vocal minority. Then when they said they were taking it away they probably got a lot more complaints from people who didn't even think crossplay was in jeopardy.

So please enough with the temper tantrum. This new core group of postums, dersky, kornman and others are 100000% more transparent than Barvo, Frankie, Bonnie, Ayoub and all those pricks. These new people actually respond to us, participate across a variety of social media platforms rather than just random posts on waypoint and reddit, and answer questions as best they can. They constantly ask for the core community's feedback and take it seriously. I know if I directly ask a question there's a decent chance they will actually answer or at least read it which compared to 2015 is almost an unbelievable difference in transparency.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It seems obvious to me that there was overwhelming demand for a cross play offering so they had to put it back in. In the case of btb it was probably cross play or JUST halo 2, which would exclude h4 entirely and give no H1 btb.

In my experience this makes sense because most people who like btb or slayer don't really care what Halo game they are playing, they just prefer those game types in general.

When they made their original statement about crossplay it was probably based on a lot of complaints from a vocal minority. Then when they said they were taking it away they probably got a lot more complaints from people who didn't even think crossplay was in jeopardy.

It's still insanely stupid to have a cross-game Team Slayer playlist as it will undoubtedly suck up the population like a sponge and leave stuff like CE 4v4 to die. I get it would be hard to have 4 BTB playlists simultaneously, but going back to cross-play BTB without filters after 4 years of leaning that this is a BAD idea does not seem like a smart solution to me.

So please enough with the temper tantrum. This new core group of postums, dersky, kornman and others are 100000% more transparent than Barvo, Frankie, Bonnie, Ayoub and all those pricks. These new people actually respond to us, participate across a variety of social media platforms rather than just random posts on waypoint and reddit, and answer questions as best they can. They constantly ask for the core community's feedback and take it seriously. I know if I directly ask a question there's a decent chance they will actually answer or at least read it which compared to 2015 is almost an unbelievable difference in transparency.

Of course I'm glad kornman is on the project and postums has been awesome up until the last two playlist updates, I also love that he hates SMG starts. But I still don't enjoy this very obvious flip flop on a previous statement. Excuse me for being sceptical after 7 years of constant disappointment. These are hard-working people I get that, but 343 has always had those, but still managed to fail to deliver on a larger scale time and time again.

Arena should not exist. It is the complete embodiment of pointlessness.

They should just drop team arena and then just call team hardcore team arena. I mean... did they not JUST learn this lesson with H5 and the HCS playlist? I mean honestly what is the point of having both playlists be ranked? It would be like blizzard deciding to make quick play in OW ranked. It would make no damn sense and would completely ruin the entire point of the quick play play list. I also can’t stand people who want to have a shiny rank next to their name but also have to have radar because they don’t like communicating or playing as a team. You want a 50? Get a fucking mic and earn it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

but going back to cross-play BTB without filters after 4 years of leaning that this is a BAD idea does not seem like a smart solution to me.

And cross play will be even worse if there is no voting option. I don't see why they can't just make it where you can search cross play for the games you have installed. You would think that would be the whole point of having this "smart install".

• Upvote (+1) 1