CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yup. Once you've installed like 500MB, the game is "Ready to Play" and you can load up and prioritise which games you wanna install, as well as campaign and MP.

Yeah I just saw that. Goodbye H4 and all campaigns besides H2A lol. Just by doing this MCC is already better than H5.

Lmaoo remember how the H5 beta was in the "extras" tab? It's now Halo 5 and it will legit start H5 if you have it. So in a sense they actually added H5 to MCC.

edit: sorry for double

Has there been any talk of re-implementing classic sounds in Halo 1? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has there been any talk of re-implementing classic sounds in Halo 1?

sean said its actually complicated as fuck. Tho we are make it clear it is highly wanted

God bless whoever ported the game. Really fucked us.

Feels like they need to separate H2A and H2 in the download section for MP. H2A is monstrous as far as file size goes.

CE

Campaign ~1GB

MP ~2.4GB

H2

Campaign ~23GB

MP ~21GB

H3

~8GB

~7GB

ODST

~8.3GB

H4

~12GB

~14GB

H2A is kiiiinda big. If you add those up you'll notice its more than the sum of all the parts combined but that's just because I assume they reuse assets and if you're only downloading one of the two those universal assets are added to the estimated download size but together it would only download them once. Total installation size for everything is 71.7gb

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk if this has been mentioned but they finally fixed in game emblems.

VCJFNqb.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

So I can't only get H2C multiplayer? I like the remastered campaign but H2A multiplayer not so much. Also it has no right being that massive

I wonder if they're going to change the UI at all. The one in this build is just a reskin of the shit one we've had for years.

CE 4v4 gone but we have two Hardcore playlists and H3 Doubles

Y I K E S

Im happy that they gave halo 3 its own BTB playlist. This way we can finally play something in the BTB playlist besides h3.

Not terribly excited about that playlist selection. Still baffled by the decision to have both a ranked arena and a ranked hardcore. Sometimes it feels like 343 learns absolutely nothing. I was also really looking forward to CE having its own 4v4 and btb playlist. Oh well. I understand it’s going to be hard to make a playlist selection that pleases everyone and I think they really are trying. At least H3 got its own btb so that I can get a good mix of H2/CE games in btb.

New playlists are more cancer than the last ones. Saw that one coming. STILL two ranked 4v4 playlists instead of literally anything else. SMH  :salt:

Halo 4 players have no playlist other than cross game btb LOL. Can't wait to be playing h4 btb instead of ce and 2 again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rereading, I'm guessing I can be happy about H3 BTB being separated (thank God), but why the hell is there not a 4v4 playlist for CE?

Remove H3 Doubles and the list is ideal to start out. Then when it's in retail you can look at if there's sufficient population & demand to add playlists like HCE 4v4, H2 Doubles/1v1, H3 doubles, etc.

sean said its actually complicated as fuck.

Did he elaborate beyond "complicated as fuck"? As in, actual technical reasons?

And those playlists need but one change. Remove Quickplay Slayer (which I believe will drain players out of the per-game playlists), and add Halo 1 4v4.

Also, I think given MCC's potentially limited population, three rotational playlists is too many. Just keep it to the Action Sack/Infection and FFA playlists, and mix some of the other stuff into the existing playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rotational FFA is fucking trash I don't want to play H4/H2A FFA...they better not have any SMG/AR start gametypes like default MCC does.

Also why does Halo 1 never get mentioned in any of the updates.