FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I get that there are differences between 360 Halo 3 and MCC Halo 3, but how big are those differences when directly compared to how much different OG CE or OG H2 is to Halo CE?

I've played some hardcore and am always stuck playing Halo 3 but when I play those settings they feel very very similar to how I remember 360 Halo 3. Halo CE in no way shape or form resembles LAN CE or even XBC.

I'm sure that Halo 3's base population is higher than the other games, but I don't doubt that a very large part of the population interested in H2 and CE stopped playing because the vista ports aren't close to what they wanted. I mean CE players were dealing with "anti-aim" that was literally pushing your crosshairs off your opponent like repelling magnets.

You can tell difference with every game except maybe 4. H3 on the recent flight felt like old h3

You can tell difference with every game except maybe 4. H3 on the recent flight felt like old h3

I can tell a bit of a difference on Halo 3. I'm asking just how big this difference is compared to Halo CE or Halo 2. I know Halobugs.com exists, and to me, it seems like Halo 3 is nowhere near as bad in that regards.

edit: a bit unrelated to my first post/quote but I'm barely ever on MCC, in this thread or in the discords. I did just pop into the H1 discord and it does look like theres some serious effort there to get all of these games in the right track. I don't believe it will be a 1:1 of OG but the questions being asked by 343 show me that they're putting effort into all areas of improvement.

i felt like the difference on h3 port was about as bad as the port for h2.. nothing comes close to h1 pc ports crappiness and h4 is way too smooth and clean for my liking (major salt)

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

Idk to me this sounds more like when Josh Holmes soft confirmed split screen for H5 on Twitter than an actual announcement.

Meh, the fact they went out of their way to talk about technical hurdles they are probably going to run into, and the constant mentions on Twitter that it's not coming in the first update makes me think it's a proper announcement and it's still planned to come in one of the future updates. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk to me this sounds more like when Josh Holmes soft confirmed split screen for H5 on Twitter than an actual announcement.

didn't kiki wolfkill or bonnie ross announce split screen will return?

didn't kiki wolfkill or bonnie ross announce split screen will return?

Yes but that was long after the backlash H5 got for not having split screen (deservedly so).

This is what I meant:

https://twitter.com/joshingtonstate/status/551899554191142912?lang=de

This was before H5 and it's a great statement to backtrack on. "we plan to support X", but two years later you can easily say "turns out we don't lol" and be fine. To me the "announcement" of the custom games browser above sounds very much like this in tone. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling that after the big patch all they're gonna do is shuffle a few playlists around and some minor bug fixes. Please let this MCC team be the first team at 343 that actually delivers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can only imagine the reaction if they moved on after the first patch without introducing the custom games browser.

tumblr_lxnxgkE3sy1qfktk4o1_500.gif

I did just pop into the H1 discord and it does look like theres some serious effort there to get all of these games in the right track. I don't believe it will be a 1:1 of OG but the questions being asked by 343 show me that they're putting effort into all areas of improvement.

(I think I've asked this already) What specific questions are being asked?

HERE WE GO

Pretty excited. Any word if the campaigns have the 4k support in this Flight?

Excited to not get in for the 3rd time in a row.

343 hates me.

4K support was enabled for Halo 3 and Halo 2 in the previous one, so I'd assume so. Still installing games now.

Not sure what their stance is for sharing screenshots/videos from this flight, still waiting to find out.

Confirmed we can share shit again - WOO

343 hates me.

Yea, a bunch of my buddies didn't get in from the start. I saw that emails for 3 will be open and be sent out in the coming days, so hold out hope!

343 hates me.

Everybody gets in this time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4K support was enabled for Halo 3 and Halo 2 in the previous one, so I'd assume so. Still installing games now.

Not sure what their stance is for sharing screenshots/videos from this flight, still waiting to find out.

Oh for real?! I played the first flights, but I didn't have a 4k display, so probably why I didn't notice.

Yea, that's a gray area. I noticed we could talk about it now, but not share anything from the surveys. Curious to see about sharing media. Post in here if you find anything out, please!

Oh for real?! I played the first flights, but I didn't have a 4k display, so probably why I didn't notice.

Yea, that's a gray area. I noticed we could talk about it now, but not share anything from the surveys. Curious to see about sharing media. Post in here if you find anything out, please!

WEEE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everybody gets in this time.

Phase One of Flight 3 is Flight 1 and 2 users only. If all goes to plan, Phase Two of Flight 3 kicks off as early as next week where it'll open up for everyone :D

Jesus Christ 65.82 Gigabyte patch. That's literally the entire game right?

Jesus Christ 65.82 Gigabyte patch. That's literally the entire game right?

Intelligent delivery is an option

Intelligent delivery is an option

Yup. Once you've installed like 500MB, the game is "Ready to Play" and you can load up and prioritise which games you wanna install, as well as campaign and MP.