CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Across the finish line 5 years later. This what we get as Halo fans.

Hey i am happy we are getting anything stop bitching if you want the game to be good start giving feedback and get involved. I hated 343 myself but i still want mcc to be the best it can be even if its 3 years later.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hey i am happy we are getting anything stop bitching if you want the game to be good start giving feedback and get involved. I hated 343 myself but i still want mcc to be the best it can be even if its 3 years later.

LOL
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

but i still want mcc to be the best it can be

Then why did you fight for a matchmaking playlist lineup that includes cross game playlists (including the current version of team slayer) and several h3 playlists?

If you had any influencing power in that discord with postums, you really blew it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then why did you fight for a matchmaking playlist lineup that includes cross game playlists (including the current version of team slayer) and several h3 playlists?

If you had any influencing power in that discord with postums, you really blew it.

Halo 3 has the highest population and it will always be that way on mcc so yeah it deserves the most playlist. I am not the only one in that discord the playlist line up isn't just going off of what we want, it is going to go off of the survey that was public. We don't even know what the new line up is yet it could be good for everyone.

Like i said i am not the only one in the discord our main goal was to get doubles for halo 3 that is it. It turned into a little more where we were helping gather game types and maps for other playlists. So if there is still a lot of halo 3 playlist after the new line up it is because majority voted for it in the public survey.

our main goal was to get doubles for halo 3 that is it

That's why you blew it. If your only goal was to get h3 doubles in the playlist lineup and not also advocate for playlist consolidation to compensate for the game's low population, or even the complete no-brainer of fully excluding all cross game playlists from matchmaking, you did a disservice to the game.

But hey, I'm sure all those h3 players are going to be thrilled when their playerbase is split so much that the only way to find a game is in team slayer.

Get off your high horse on people rightfully critiquing 343 for taking this long to update MCC, you aren't helping fix this game any more than we are.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's why you blew it. If your only goal was to get h3 doubles in the playlist lineup and not also advocate for playlist consolidation to compensate for the game's low population, or even the complete no-brainer of fully excluding all cross game playlists from matchmaking, you did a disservice to the game.

But hey, I'm sure all those h3 players are going to be thrilled when their playerbase is split so much that the only way to find a game is in team slayer.

Get off your high horse on people rightfully critiquing 343 for taking this long to update MCC, you aren't helping fix this game any more than we are.

TB Forums: "Let 343 take their time on Halo Infinite so it comes out as best it can."

Also TB Forums: "343 is taking forever! MCC needs to be updated right now!"

What exactly do you guys want? Really? I'm glad they're taking the time to get the update exactly to where it needs to be. If 343 sends this update out and it doesn't fix the game like it's suppose to and yet again brings people back just to be disappointed then that will ultimately be the end for the game. You're acting like 343 can't change the playlist after the update. Like @@Clutchy stated before we don't even know what the final playlist line up is going to be. They're still going over feedback as far as we know and there is still one flight left for the insider program. There's still time to get them to have no cross-game playlist when the update drops.

I understand where everyone is coming from, but constantly being bitter and bitching for no reason is useful to nobody. If 343 listens to you guys and rushes this update I can already see all of you on here typing paragraphs about how trash everyone at 343 is and how incompetent they are as a game dev. Then that will carry to Halo Infinite's beta where 343 will stop listening the people who know the fuck what they're talking about and then we'll end up with another Reach/H4/H5 situation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

TB Forums: "Let 343 take their time on Halo Infinite so it comes out as best it can."

Also TB Forums: "343 is taking forever! MCC needs to be updated right now!"

What exactly do you guys want? Really?

I've never been inconsistent on this issue, you're free to search through my post history and see for yourself. This game needed to be fixed years ago, and they should have postponed halo 5 and certainly postpone halo infinity to work on it.

Let me know if you still aren't clear as to what I want here.

You're acting like 343 can't change the playlist after the update.

"Dont worry guys, there's a whole year for 343 to incorporate h5 beta feedback into the final product"

343 will stop listening the people who know the fuck what they're talking about and then we'll end up with another Reach/H4/H5 situation.

Remember when 343 listened to the pros who said "Halo 4 feels like Halo!" and we ended up with an h4 situation anyway?

Remember when 343 hired a pro player team to playtest halo 5 and we ended up with an h5 situation anyway?

Anyone holding out hope for HI is setting themselves up for disappointment. They could gather pro player feedback, even hire an internal pro team with strongside, ghost, neighbor, etc... and STILL end up with an h4/h5 situation.

• Upvote (+1) 5

........for playlist consolidation to compensate for the game's low population.

I don't agree that they should be taking MCC's current population into account. It is unknown how many people will return but It will definitely go up. I guarantee that not all of those people will stick around because they will be unable to play the halo teamsize/gametype they came for. Think about people who want to play Halo 1 BTB on the new maps ported from Halo PC, there isn't a way to do that besides hoping they can get a custom game going.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What high horse telling him to get involved and give feedback like the rest of us are? I never once said i am helping fix the game more than anyone else. I care about h3 more than the other games but i still want everyone to get what they want. Like i have said there was a public survey what ever the playlist line up is what the majority wanted if it is a lot of halo 3 than that is what people wanted.

I've never been inconsistent on this issue, you're free to search through my post history and see for yourself. This game needed to be fixed years ago, and they should have postponed halo 5 and certainly postpone halo infinity to work on it.

Let me know if you still aren't clear as to what I want here.

"Dont worry guys, there's a whole year for 343 to incorporate h5 beta feedback into the final product"

Remember when 343 listened to the pros who said "Halo 4 feels like Halo!" and we ended up with an h4 situation anyway?

Remember when 343 hired a pro player team to playtest halo 5 and we ended up with an h5 situation anyway?

Anyone holding out hope for HI is setting themselves up for disappointment. They could gather pro player feedback, even hire an internal pro team with strongside, ghost, neighbor, etc... and STILL end up with an h4/h5 situation.

Halo 5 already was what it was before the beta. There wasn't really much they could change without delaying it and completely starting over which big daddy M$ wouldn't let happen. You and I both know 343 didn't involve pros to actually change anything. It was a PR stunt to get people to think they were listening to their fans. With Halo Infinite they just started working on it so maybe there's potential to actually affect the games outcome. Them letting the community influence what is updated, added. fixed..etc leaves me optimistic that they'll actually listen this time. Like you, I'm also not holding my breath. If they don't nail this update then it will be the absolute final nail in the coffin for me in terms of Halo.

You're acting like 343 can't change the playlist after the update. Like @@Clutchy stated before we don't even know what the final playlist line up is going to be. They're still going over feedback as far as we know and there is still one flight left for the insider program. There's still time to get them to have no cross-game playlist when the update drops.

Some strong delusions right here.

• 343 will almost certainly move on from MCC as soon as that update drops. They have done some numerous times before. "We fixed it guys, now we're moving to bigger and better things (have you pre ordered Halo Infinity yet?)" is their perfect excuse and they will manage to save face without actually fixing the game.
  • The moment a cross-game Team Slayer playlist exists, it's already over for MCC. It's a vicious cycle. All other playlists will struggle because the brain dead kids just take the playlist at the top and they notice it gives them matches the fastest. Then the population for the other playlists suffers and 343 releases a weekly update "sadly we have to consolidate the playlists, remember how good we are at that?" and because these consolidated playlists will be hot garbage even more people stick to the cross-game Team Slayer playlist or just quit the game entirely. That's why this stuff needs to be ready at the relaunch, because this can't be another H5 where two years later they finally get their heads out of their asses and start actually fixing shit. We have ONE SHOT at bringing MCC back and these shitty ass playlists are going to ruin that very quickly.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

• 343 will almost certainly move on from MCC as soon as that update drops. They have done some numerous times before. "We fixed it guys, now we're moving to bigger and better things (have you pre ordered Halo Infinity yet?)" is their perfect excuse and they will manage to save face without actually fixing the game.

I can only imagine the reaction if they moved on after the first patch without introducing the custom games browser.

I can only imagine the reaction if they moved on after the first patch without introducing the custom games browser.

They never promised to actually do that right? They just said they want to do ODST FF, Reach, CE custom maps and the custom browser, but these are more pipe dreams that actual possibilities as far as I understand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They never promised to actually do that right? They just said they want to do ODST FF, Reach, CE custom maps and the custom browser, but these are more pipe dreams that actual possibilities as far as I understand.

More updates will come after the first one and the custom game browser was confirmed for a later update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• 343 will almost certainly move on from MCC as soon as that update drops.

They've already said there will be more updates to the game. Like I already stated, there is still one more flight left that will be open to a larger pool of people so they'll be getting a better understanding of what people want to play aside from the info they got from the surveys. Also, did 343 say there would be absolutely no cross game playlists anymore? When did they backtrack on this?

i still want everyone to get what they want. Like i have said there was a public survey what ever the playlist line up is what the majority wanted if it is a lot of halo 3 than that is what people wanted.

When did they conduct a survey asking, "would you prefer several playlist options and long matchmaking times, or fewer playlist options and short matchmaking times?"

They really dont know what people want until they gather this information, and the average player isn't inherently taking this tradeoff into consideration when being asked about their ideal playlist lineup.

Halo fans are a very diverse group and all the Halos play so differently that a lot of people aren’t even so much “halo” fans as they are CE fans or H3 fans. People that want to play CE don’t want to be forced to play H3 and visa versa. What they should do is just make MCC a game launching app for all the different games. When you start up MCC the first menu screen you should be greeted with is one that just has tabs to all the different game. Select CE and it launches a menu that contains only CE playlists. The number of playlists for each game should be determined by how large the population is for each game. If CE and H2 can only handle 3 playlists then that’s what they’ll get. If H3 has a healthy enough population for 10 playlists so be it. Having more H3 playlists isn’t going to rob the CE and H2 population of players. If they wanted to play them they’d be in their respective playlists playing them. They are already going to let you install each game individually anyway so this option makes total sense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When did they conduct a survey asking, "would you prefer several playlist options and long matchmaking times, or fewer playlist options and short matchmaking times?"

They really dont know what people want until they gather this information, and the average player isn't inherently taking this tradeoff into consideration when being asked about their ideal playlist lineup.

I think you are really underestimating the halo 3 population on mcc we can easily populate 4 or 5 playlist. I am just curious how much have you actually played of mcc? You seem pretty out of touch with anything mcc related.

I get that there are differences between 360 Halo 3 and MCC Halo 3, but how big are those differences when directly compared to how much different OG CE or OG H2 is to Halo CE?

I've played some hardcore and am always stuck playing Halo 3 but when I play those settings they feel very very similar to how I remember 360 Halo 3. Halo CE in no way shape or form resembles LAN CE or even XBC.

I'm sure that Halo 3's base population is higher than the other games, but I don't doubt that a very large part of the population interested in H2 and CE stopped playing because the vista ports aren't close to what they wanted. I mean CE players were dealing with "anti-aim" that was literally pushing your crosshairs off your opponent like repelling magnets.

• Upvote (+1) 1