CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Also you had to use the absolutely fuck**g awful Waypoint app to access the Halo 4 terminals, they weren't access in-game. It was a bloody chore to view them. 

Halo 4's campaign is over rated. Shit levels with boring gameplay, shitty enemies, and a story held together with ducktape you have to go and find yourself. The story has far to much reliance on outside information to even begin to understand why this grey dude with visible muscle on his face wants to find a composer thing and kill human's. Also lets not get started on the Librarian sequence, what the fuck was the point of that, its probably the most confusing cutscene in the entire series, and nearly 6 years later I still don't understand what the point of it was.

The Chief/Cortana relationship is the one good thing in the campaign, as well as the ending, but Halo 5 took a massive dump on all of that when Cortana wasn't dead but she was evil now, and she became Galactic Hologram Hitler.

Halo 4's campaign is good. Deal with it. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get the love for Halo 4's campaign.

I rarely see love for it. When I do it's usually about the cutscenes and graphics, lol.

Frankly I don't even remember most of the Halo 4 campaign. That's about how good it was. Prometheans just suck as far as npcs to fight goes. They highlight everything that can be bad about FPS campaigns with bullet sponge dumb ai that just refuse to die so at some point the hardest difficulty becomes searching for ammo and another fucking LR to do anything.

They just take the cheap route as far as difficulty goes (halo 2 and the rest did this at points as well but especially h2) where instead of the AI being smart, the positioning being difficult, or needing to make clever plays it devolves into shooting something with multiple clips (or a plasma pistol) from behind whatever cover you can find a bit away while it stands there looking at you losing a war of attrition. I'd hesitate to even call it gameplay really. They just lean far too heavily on tons of health and absurd mostly unavoidable damage if you're closer for difficulty so that it just removes most avenues of approach. Other developers like the FromSoftware guys understand the balance and create hard hitting "dangerous" enemies and attacks that are approachable and avoidable with openings to either quickly kill most of the NPCs or die yourself. Basically they just give you real options and create difficulty through clever placement and attack patterns that you can actively defeat rather than just saying "ehehehe now he has 15x more hp and 1 shots you if you get close." Part of it is a genre thing but they really don't even try with Halo. What bungie did with hunters in CE is really the closest we've gotten to it

• Upvote (+1) 5

The first thing I'd do if I wanted Halo npcs to actually be scary is just leave elite health/shield/damage the same as your character and just make them crazy aggressive the higher the difficulty went along with buffing what actual weapons they use and where and how many are placed in the play areas. The main reason its "boring" is because as long as you don't get too close they sorta just watch you kill them and if you do get close you find out they just have absurd hp and you're just gonna get 1 shot by a melee or something stupid most of the time

It would be crazy to go from normal where two PR elites hop through a door and sort of stand near it to legendary where four of them pop out one with a sword and two have carbines that actively come after you

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, the top 10 maps have been announced that are being sent to 343 for internal testing to potentially be implemented in the H2A playlist with the new update.

In no particular order:

- Underwood (Eden) by me

- Lacuna by CommandorColson

- Spacejunk by Soldat DuChrist

- Heatstroke by Kell of Scots

- Inheritor by Squally DaBeanz

- Pulse by a Chunk

- Blockus by MartianMallCop

- Select by Nokyard & SecretSchnitzel

- Diamond by Minister Muffin

- Epic by Xandrith & a Chunk

More info can be found here:

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/h2a-forgetacular-finalists.158181/

Same Pulse and Select from Reach MM?

Edit: Select for sure. Can’t tell yet with Pulse but it looks like it could be the same map from the screenshot. @@Chunk can you clarify?

Same Pulse and Select from Reach MM?

Edit: Select for sure. Can’t tell yet with Pulse but it looks like it could be the same map from the screenshot. @@Chunk can you clarify?

No, nothing like it at all.  It's an original map.

The version of Select is slightly different than the Reach version.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ending has you flying your x-wing ship through a trench of defenses

Best Starfox game in years TBH.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else think there is a chance this does cause a resurgence of Halo? I don't think it is particularly likely, but Game Pass does seem to be catching on, and for a broken game, it really isn't "dead." 

Anyone else think there is a chance this does cause a resurgence of Halo? I don't think it is particularly likely, but Game Pass does seem to be catching on, and for a broken game, it really isn't "dead." 

The update alone will bring a good amount of people back. I just hope the update is really good and can hold peoples attention, the next flight is next week and that will be the entirety of mcc so we will see how much they have gotten done/fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The update alone will bring a good amount of people back. I just hope the update is really good and can hold peoples attention, the next flight is next week and that will be the entirety of mcc so we will see how much they have gotten done/fixed.

They announced the next flight date?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It just strikes me as people trying to find anything positive to say about the game.

Uh, no. Some people legitimately think the Halo 4 campaign is good. I know, it's difficult for you to wrap head around. But if you think people are out here desperately trying to find something nice to say about Halo 4, then either you haven't been on this forum long enough or you just don't pay attention.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Across the finish line", this next flight better be good.

Bungie are getting rid of some of the old Halo stats. Just thought I'd let people know in case anyone wanted to save their stats before being removed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lets go

I am guessing we are getting pretty close to the big update coming out. The full game being available with this flight is probably to get the small remaining bugs fixed. I am pretty hyped to see what has changed wonder if all the UI/Menu changes will be in this one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm bored as a mf and haven't slept so I don't want to deal with MM rn. if anyone wants to run some customs 1v1's, FFA, 8's, dubs, idgaf just hmu

Send a message to SystemOfaDoggo.

If you want to see harder difficulties done right, look no further than Doom 2016. Every enemy attack is projectile, and it's actually dodgeable. And enemies have low enough health that you can actually kill them efficiently. But they hit hard and they shoot a lot, and theres a lot of them. The result is a frenzy of slaughter that is f'n addicting as hell, because you have to be fast. That, combined with that soundtrack...omg that game is good.

Doom 2016 just made every hit remove half of your health immediately. Old Doom did it better (what a surprise) by adding/removing enemies from maps on harder difficulties. Nightmare also increased their aggression, but nobody takes that mode seriously in the originals.

Doom 2016 just made every hit remove half of your health immediately. Old Doom did it better (what a surprise) by adding/removing enemies from maps on harder difficulties. Nightmare also increased their aggression, but nobody takes that mode seriously in the originals.

New Doom really reminded me that if you overthink something, you'll fuck it up. Such a fun campaign and all it did was shuttle you from arena to arena, upping the ante as it went.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New Doom really reminded me that if you overthink something, you'll fuck it up. Such a fun campaign and all it did was shuttle you from arena to arena, upping the ante as it went.

I've been playing through the Serious Sam games while they were on sale, and the one thing that stood out to me is how similar Doom 4 was to them.The major difference being that SS can handle hundreds of active enemies at a time.