CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Genuine feedback for 343, turn the aim magnetism down.

d6d1e3a6413b5c8a1cce1294b3691629.png

Magnetism is great because it allows players to succeed if they don't spend hundreds of dollars on a scuf. Analog sticks don't last forever, and you shouldn't punish people for not paying a ton of money on controllers every week because the sticks wear out.

I welcome this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

To be fair, controlling the magnetism at range in a run and gun game takes skill.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-650-1327027471-17.g

Magnetism is great because it allows players to succeed if they don't spend hundreds of dollars on a scuf. Analog sticks don't last forever, and you shouldn't punish people for not paying a ton of money on controllers every week because the sticks wear out.

I welcome this.

nod-of-approval.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I welcome this.

So magnetism is great because it makes the game easier.

And people who need magnetism certainly play at the level where their analog sticks would wear out at any rate that would qualify the need to reduce the skill gap.

So magnetism is great because it makes the game easier.

And people who need magnetism certainly play at the level where their analog sticks would wear out at any rate that would qualify the need to reduce the skill gap.

It helps ease new players into the game, and top pros would still hit with no magnetism anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It helps ease new players into the game, and top pros would still hit with no magnetism anyways.

So you're telling me that we should throw out a bit of the learning curve in order to ease players in.

When you say that, the first things i think of are the words "crutch" and "training wheels." With the problem being that said words have an implication of being temporary (unless of course you're Tiny Tim).

And don't get me wrong. there should be a method of "easing" players in. It's just not changing the way the base mechanics work all for the sake of making a competitive game easier to play. Instead, it's called the "training" playlist and "proper implementation and utilization of Trueskill."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2, and every following Halo at that, is riddled with crutches. Halo 2 and on is not meant to be the end all be all competitive Halo experience in terms of mechanics; we have Halo 1 for that.

Halo 2, and every following Halo at that, is riddled with crutches. Halo 2 and on is not meant to be the end all be all competitive Halo experience in terms of mechanics; we have Halo 1 for that.

So, making it worse is a good idea how?

I'm not saying that magnetism shouldn't exist, because console shooters are certainly harder to place the reticule on a target (in comparison to PC) in addition to latency issues. I'm saying that that picture is ridiculous. 

Also, keep in mind that 343i added skulls to Halo 2's campaign. There's now 30 skulls I think.

I know. That is why I hope the "Pew Pew" skull is one of those.

• Downvote (-1) 1

No Halo game ever released was made to be competitive.

Halo CE multiplayer was a mistake. A very beautiful mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is your problem with HaloFollower? I think he is an okay Youtuber...

No, he's a total penis. And he can't say anything with the letter "x" in it correctly (e.g. he says "Etts-bots" instead of "XBOX" lol).

He's annoying. But I couldn't find the original Sparkcast episode he included in the video, so...

• Downvote (-1) 1

No Halo game ever released was made to be competitive.

Halo CE multiplayer was a mistake. A very beautiful mistake.

One worth repeating. again and again if need be.

It isn't a good idea, but it doesn't matter. We have Halo 1 now; why care about anything else?

The objectivist in my mind would disagree with implementing bad ideas at all, but, considering what we have to work with, I suppose you're right to an extent. It's just not a good trend to continue is all.

That magnetism is par for the course in Halo. It looks really bad because it's probably at the very farthest range you can get a red reticule with zoom.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That magnetism is par for the course in Halo. It looks really bad because it's probably at the very farthest range you can get a red reticule with zoom.

I'm saying that that picture is ridiculous. 

So you're telling me that we should throw out a bit of the learning curve in order to ease players in.

When you say that, the first things i think of are the words "crutch" and "training wheels." With the problem being that said words have an implication of being temporary (unless of course you're Tiny Tim).

And don't get me wrong. there should be a method of "easing" players in. It's just not changing the way the base mechanics work all for the sake of making a competitive game easier to play. Instead, it's called the "training" playlist and "proper implementation and utilization of Trueskill."

Yeah we dont need a good game, just a popular one, new players will love the magnetism, makes them feel great.

Lets not use the term "trueskill", might scare them off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So it seems like CA was the one incharge of designing the multiplayer for H2A and not 343 I thought they just designed the maps.

Love listening too Max's design philosophy 343 should take notes from this guy.

I think it's the same magnetism as the original. Or they just based it off of H4.

Flamesword said H2A shooting at long range was easier than OG H2 and it felt off to him, I wouldn't be surprised if its based off H4.

Now that there is dedis on XB1, you dont have to compensate for lag as much with bullet mag to make it a fairer experience off-host, that is definitely something that should be majorly lowered in H5.

Flamesword said H2A shooting at long range was easier than OG H2 and it felt off to him, I wouldn't be surprised if its based off H4.

It honestly just looks like it's down to it being spreadless. That wouldn't be a problem if they lowered the autoaim and bullet mag from OG H2.

Bravo told me on twitter that health bar on OG Halo 2 will be in its normal place next to radar, would prefer it on top to be honest. Also didn't Halo 2 have name indicator's the same colour as the team you're on? So if you see a blue enemy, his name indicator will be blue?

What is your problem with HaloFollower? I think he is an okay Youtuber...

He uses literally any excuse to make a Halo video, which makes his content completely useless. If someone made a troll thread on here saying "Halo 5 has been cancelled lololol", he would probably make a serious video about it. The video title would be 'Halo 5 Cancelled!', then the description would be '... at least according to this thread. But I don't believe it personally'.

Also, he comes across as someone who doesn't really care that much about Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a little confused... Why is the h2 br reticule different for multiplayer than the campaign?

H2a multiplayer is a completely new engine/game based on h4 engine and h2 gameplay. Campaign is h2 with a graphics upgrade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't like the idea personally. Maybe a customizable skull to make things more difficult. Combine certain effects of 1 skull with another skull to create your own. But as far as movement speed and ect, not so much. That's what makes the campaign difficult and fun, the challenge to reach those skulls and explore the maps without use of editing the stats. It would be interesting to edit the skulls though.

I hope they make us find the skulls in the missions before we get to use them, I liked doing that in Halo 3. But considering how they are offering them for pre order bonuses, I'm not holding my breath.