CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Cool! I'll add Longest CTF and Wizard oddball to the list. I appreciate hearing about Double Take as well. I was hesitant at first, but I'll make sure we try it out.

-----

On a side note, had some really good games in the Halo 1 playlist with @@Sandman tonight.

absolute blast :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because there's a really small amount of people playing because there isn't an active flight?

Bullshit! When the flight wasn’t active I couldn’t get matches but once their planned time for play dates, I started getting matches really fast. It’s not a coincidence.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bullshit! When the flight wasn’t active I couldn’t get matches but once their planned time for play dates, I started getting matches really fast. It’s not a coincidence.

Before the official flight times kicked off i played over 100 h3 1v1s.

u ok hun

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Before the official flight times kicked off i played over 100 h3 1v1s.

really? I guess I did get a good amount but I’m talking about once flight 2 kicked off with the team playlist I’d get matches fast. But once it ended I can’t get one. Man 343 add a pop counter damnit stop being pussies!
  • Downvote (-1) 1

really? I guess I did get a good amount but I’m talking about once flight 2 kicked off with the team playlist I’d get matches fast. But once it ended I can’t get one. Man 343 add a pop counter damnit stop being pussies!

I can't even tell if you're trolling. You're not getting matches because there's very little people playing since there aren't any play times currently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd hope it does too but from reading their initial launch goals you shouldn't set yourself up for disappointment 

I hate to agree with you Snipe Three, but I am afraid you are going to be proven correct on this one. The AMA with Dersky didn't make it seem like they even bothered to address the hit registration/aiming in H:CE, which you would think would be the first thing they would work on (aside from general networking/connection issues).

I would hope that having all matchmaking games on dedicated servers would help, but I have no idea how it will impact this Frankenstein of a game. I am hoping they at least addressed "anti-aim," but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I hate to agree with you Snipe Three, but I am afraid you are going to be proven correct on this one. The AMA with Dersky didn't make it seem like they even bothered to address the hit registration/aiming in H:CE, which you would think would be the first thing they would work on (aside from general networking/connection issues).

I would hope that having all matchmaking games on dedicated servers would help, but I have no idea how it will impact this Frankenstein of a game. I am hoping they at least addressed "anti-aim," but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Yeah its kind of sad but outside of maybe some cool tweaks like an in game timer or switching to lockstep on lan for CE the rest of its issues might be bigger than the scope of what they're currently working on

I'd hope it does too but from reading their initial launch goals you shouldn't set yourself up for disappointment

Kornman has been asking about a lot of minor bugs so I HOPING that means he's addressed a lot of even minor nitpicks on halobugs.com. And I'm expecting improvements to registration just because they've improved networking for the whole game plus it'll actually be on dedis. We shall see but I'm expecting at least some improvements which is better than the status quo.

pretty sure I heard the ce netcode wasnt being touched for the first update but things do change. like s3 said, don't expect anything though

Its summer now, games still not fixed? Oh

Do you not believe they are actually fixing the game or something?

I mean it's kind of weak that they said fixes will start in Spring and here we are late June and we're on round two of test flights. Not saying they're not fixing stuff, but we should be cautiously optimistic here. It's cool that they are finally doing something about MCC, but it still feels like this will be far too little to turn this game around. Then they're going to use it as fuel "oh looks like no one likes Classic Halo" and double down on Halofall: Infinite Warfare bullshit.

wait what’s wrong with CEs aim? It feels smooth and consistent, so what’s wrong with it?

I mean it's kind of weak that they said fixes will start in Spring and here we are late Junr and we're on round two of test flights. Not saying they're not fixing stuff, but we should be cautiously optimistic here. It's cool that they are finally doing something about MCC, but it still feels like this will be far too little to turn this game around. Then they're going to use it as fuel "oh looks like no one likes Classic Halo" and double down on Halofall: Infinite Warfare bullshit.

if they advertise it decently people will come back.

wait what’s wrong with CEs aim? It feels smooth and consistent, so what’s wrong with it?

There is nothing wrong with aiming if you consider aiming to be simply moving your reticle around. The problems we are talking about are that the game is significantly easier to shoot in than the original game, your bullets magnetize into walls when people are near cover and the amount you lead varies significantly. Sometimes you don't have to lead at all. Sometimes you have to lead quite a bit. Also, the game seems to assign people with poor connections additional bullet magnetism. When I play on my phones hotspot it is easier to land shots than on a connection like Verizon FiOS.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I mean it's been four years, and from what I can tell they're behind schedule on whatever they said they were going to do this time.

Admittedly I don't read the updates anymore so I could be uninformed but from a results driven aspect... They've done nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To add on to what Cujjer said, playing customs as host is a nightmare.  For some reason having host is a detriment to hitting shots.  I had heard this before, but didn't realize just how bad it was until i played some H1 customs for a while a few weeks ago.  I was host the whole time and holy shit its bad.  People just eat shots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean it's been four years, and from what I can tell they're behind schedule on whatever they said they were going to do this time.

Admittedly I don't read the updates anymore so I could be uninformed but from a results driven aspect... They've done nothing.

I have Been playing the updates and have seen a good amount of improvements myself. I am not a big 343 fan but i have personally talked to some of the guys and respect the fact that they have been responding to feedback, They are in discords talking to the different community's from mcc and keeping us updated on what they plan on doing. 

I do get where you are coming from though i felt the same way before they announced this update.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean it's kind of weak that they said fixes will start in Spring and here we are late June and we're on round two of test flights. Not saying they're not fixing stuff, but we should be cautiously optimistic here. It's cool that they are finally doing something about MCC, but it still feels like this will be far too little to turn this game around. Then they're going to use it as fuel "oh looks like no one likes Classic Halo" and double down on Halofall: Infinite Warfare bullshit.

If there's one thing I've learned with the MCC, it's to expect very little.

And then still be disappointed. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

To add on to what Cujjer said, playing customs as host is a nightmare. For some reason having host is a detriment to hitting shots. I had heard this before, but didn't realize just how bad it was until i played some H1 customs for a while a few weeks ago. I was host the whole time and holy shit its bad. People just eat shots.

60fps could be a very unique reason and superior analog sticks(Xbox one > og controller) but in hindsight this is a shot reg issue not an aiming one. I bet you the aim assist values are the same. I can aim better with an Xbox one controller on many games compared to 360.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

To add on to what Cujjer said, playing customs as host is a nightmare.  For some reason having host is a detriment to hitting shots.  I had heard this before, but didn't realize just how bad it was until i played some H1 customs for a while a few weeks ago.  I was host the whole time and holy shit its bad.  People just eat shots.

Doesn't it have something to do with the bullet magnetism?

• Upvote (+1) 1

60fps could be a very unique reason and superior analog sticks(Xbox one > og controller) but in hindsight this is a shot reg issue not an aiming one. I bet you the aim assist values are the same. I can aim better with an Xbox one controller on many games compared to 360.

Do you even know how to read?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1