CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think there's a lot of bias in here guys.

No radar, BR only will not just automatically be accepted by everyone, and they will not be happy to be stuck sharing crossplay playlists to get radar.

Also H3 has so many playlists because it keeps them contained there so they're not constantly out voting h1-2 maps.

I think the proposed playlist in the screenshot is an acceptable compromise.

If it were up to me I'd say:

Crossplay TS Social (all games)

Crossplay BTB Social (h1-h2, h4)

Crossplay FFA ranked (h1-h3, pistols and br, radar)

H1 4v4 Social

H1 2v2 Ranked

H2 4v4 social

H2 4v4 competitive Ranked

H2a competitive ranked

H3 4v4 social

H3 4v4 competitive ranked

H3 2v2 ranked

H3 BTB social

H4 4v4 ranked

Rotate snipers, action sack, grifball, swat

If it's too many playlists, I'd cut h3 doubles and the ffa playlist. Maybe dump h4 and H2a if they're really dead.

• Upvote (+1) 2

jesus christ that new list is terrible. why the fuck are they so obsessed with two ranked 4v4 playlists. h2/h4 btb together LMAO. those h3 kids have gotten to this guy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think there's a lot of bias in here guys.

No radar, BR only will not just automatically be accepted by everyone, and they will not be happy to be stuck sharing crossplay playlists to get radar.

Also H3 has so many playlists because it keeps them contained there so they're not constantly out voting h1-2 maps.

I think the proposed playlist in the screenshot is an acceptable compromise.

If it were up to me I'd say:

Crossplay TS Social (all games)

Crossplay BTB Social (h1-h2, h4)

Crossplay FFA ranked (h1-h3, pistols and br, radar)

H1 4v4 Social

H1 2v2 Ranked

H2 4v4 social

H2 4v4 competitive Ranked

H2a competitive ranked

H3 4v4 social

H3 4v4 competitive ranked

H3 2v2 ranked

H3 BTB social

H4 4v4 ranked

Rotate snipers, action sack, grifball, swat

If it's too many playlists, I'd cut h3 doubles and the ffa playlist. Maybe dump h4 and H2a if they're really dead.

br only is rumored to be happening so happy. There will also still be radar in btb.

Cringing at this new lineup. I thought they were done with cross-game playlists?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm assuming this list comes from the survey that anyone could join. Which means that the vast majority of players still have no idea how bad a game Halo 3 is.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even if they wanted to add non-MLG maps, but keep the no duals, no radar, BR start settings, that would be fine with me. Seriously labeling things as "Hardcore" or "HCS" or "MLG" turns people off for no reason other than the name too.

so what are they suppose to trick people now?

I'm assuming this list comes from the survey that anyone could join. Which means that the vast majority of players still have no idea how bad a game Halo 3 is.

maybe it’s because they like halo 3. Damn no wonder no one listens to people here.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

maybe it’s because they like halo 3. Damn no wonder no one listens to people here.

I'm sorry but what in Halo 3 that was so enjoyable that the rest of the games do not have? Forge? Reach had a better version. Theatre? The only thing that was better. Gunplay and gun sounds? Lol on par with Halo 5 for having the worst gunplay in a Halo game. The sound effects aren't any better. Music? The slick electric guitar of Halo 2 beats out Halo 3, and alongside the nice mellow jazz of ODST (The best version of Halo 3). The maps? Lol not even going there. Campaign? Halo 3 had THE WORST writing of all the Halos "To War" - Miranda Keyes. Art? Halo 3 did at one point have the best art style but even now the H2A Campaign beat that out. Levels? Reach had better set pieces and levels. Multiplayer? Nothing beats Combat Evolved. Vehicles? Again 2 and CE did those better.

I swear if they add a crossplay Team Slayer playlist to the top again I'm not even gonna bother with this update. It will just funnel the population into a brainless shitty playlist and leave the actual good stuff underpopulated again.

I mean let's just look at what we need here for each game:

• A solid, competitive ranked playlist
  • A social playlist with a variety of gametypes to relax in
  • Big Team Battle

This means each of the OG games have to get these playlists. H4 doesn't need a ranked playlist because there is nothing competitive about that game. What it really needs is a BTB playlist, as that is arguably it's strongest aspect. H2A only has three BTB maps so it also doesn't get its own BTB playlist and the overall lack of content makes it hard to justify more that one H2A playlist (make more H2A maps please 343).

So this is what the ideal setup would look like:

• CE: Ranked 2v2, Social 4v4, BTB
  • H2: Ranked Team Hardcore, Social 4v4, BTB
  • H3: Ranked Team Hardcore, Social 4v4, BTB
  • H4: BTB
  • H2A: Ranked Team Hardcore

The only thing that sucks is the lack of FFA and 2v2 for H2 and H3. I also don't really see a permanent CE BTB playlist working. But outside of that this is a solid lineup and gives fans of each game mostly what they are looking for. IMO they could cut the CE BTB playlist and make it rotational and also add H2/3 2v2 and FFA playlists, as long as they are on a decently fast rotation. There is absolutely no space for bullshit like ranked Team Slayer for multiple games.

Ideally they would give each game their respective playlist they deserve and let us search in multiple playlist at once or add filters to the crossgame playlists. But as they are apparently not willing to add mixtape/checklist playlists I think this is the best we're gonna get.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I swear if they add a crossplay Team Slayer playlist to the top again I'm not even gonna bother with this update. It will just funnel the population into a brainless shitty playlist and leave the actual good stuff underpopulated again.

I mean let's just look at what we need here:

• Big Team Battle
This means each of the OG games have to get these playlists. H4 doesn't need a ranked playlist because there is nothing competitive about that game. What it really needs is a BTB playlist, as that is arguably it's strongest aspect. H2A only has three BTB maps so it also doesn't get its own BTB playlist and the overall lack of content makes it hard to justify more that one H2A playlist (make more H2A maps please 343).

The only thing that sucks was the lack of FFA and 2v2 for H2 and H3. I also don't really see a permanent CE BTB playlist working. But outside of that this is a solid lineup and gives fans of each game mostly what they are looking for. IMO they could cut the CE BTB playlist and make it rotational and also add H2/3 2v2 and FFA playlists, as long as they are on a decently fast rotation. There is absolutely no space for bullshit like ranked Team Slayer for multiple games.

Ideally they would give each game their respective playlist they deserve and let us search in multiple playlist at once or add filters to the crossgame playlists. But as they are apparently not willing to add mixtape/checklist playlists I think this is the best we're gonna get.

I believe adding a mixtape is currently out of their range, but if they keep updating after the big update I hope to God that a mixtape feature gets added. MCC is the perfect fit for a mixtape playlist function.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

so what are they suppose to trick people now?

LOL no.  Its ranked.  "Ranked" should actually fucking mean something.  Its not tricking anybody.  Its only giving a ranked designation to playlists that actually deserve it, diversifying the map and gametype pool beyond what the competitive map pool is and allowing for a more varied set of "other" playlists by removing the totally redundant, often also-ranked, other 4v4 playlists that more often than not exist on the same core set of maps and everything.  The separation of the "sweaty ranked" and "regular ranked" 4v4 playlists has been an issue since Halo 2. Its the messaging that has turned the "MLG-ish" lists into graveyards of sweaty zombies and that shitty messaging and separation needs to stop

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, that sounds right. Kinda boring, but all the strictly necessary stuff is there.

Just hurry up with the custom game browser (and put custom games on dedicated servers!), and this jumble won't be an issue anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's a great point. If the current iteration of TS stays, I feel like there isn't a need for any additional H3 playlists outside of FFA and BTB maybe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there's one thing I hate about the Halo community it's the obsession with Team Slayer. So many maps play objective way better, not matter if the goal is competition or just casual fun. Maps like High Ground, Ascension and Turf not getting a chance of running 1 Flag CTF is just so damn stupid. All because people can't focus on shooting enemies AND a Flag at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like the final list is still getting tweaked.

Holy FUCK i agree with a Reiku tweet...  what timeline am i living in?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The one in my signature but i wouldn't go in there talking about how this line up is bad pretty much all of us in there fought for this line up.

701-Robin-Hood-Men-in-Tights-quotes.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean let's just look at what we need here for each game:

• Big Team Battle

The only thing that sucks is the lack of FFA and 2v2 for H2 and H3. I also don't really see a permanent CE BTB playlist working. But outside of that this is a solid lineup and gives fans of each game mostly what they are looking for. IMO they could cut the CE BTB playlist and make it rotational and also add H2/3 2v2 and FFA playlists, as long as they are on a decently fast rotation. There is absolutely no space for bullshit like ranked Team Slayer for multiple games.

I'm sorry but this just reeks of elitism and forcing people to play shit that they don't want to play because you think it sucks.

Team slayer is popular. We have to live with that. Forcing unpopular and not well thought out playlists on the community is what got us here. That will lead to underpopulation of the game overall.

I would agree with not making it the number one playlist on the list. Getting people to scroll by the other lists might help them gain population. But it should stay in the game.

There are more h3 players. It's just reality dude. Be reasonable.

There are thousands of Fortnite fans. Doesn't mean it's a good game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm sorry but this just reeks of elitism and forcing people to play shit that they don't want to play because you think it sucks.

Team slayer is popular. We have to live with that. Forcing unpopular and not well thought out playlists on the community is what got us here. That will lead to underpopulation of the game overall.

I would agree with not making it the number one playlist on the list. Getting people to scroll by the other lists might help them gain population. But it should stay in the game.

I disagree, TS could easily be option number 1 in Social 4v4 and require a veto for Obj. Doing this gives each game a Team Slayer option with Team Skirmish Lite mixed in.

Also, they just need to change Team Hardcore to Team Arena and call it a day. It's been done in Halo 5 it should be done in all other Halos as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This whole playlist setup needs to follow a few simple rules:

One ranked 4v4 playlist per game period. 

H3 gets ONE extra playlist. not 3. Probably 2v2

H4 only gets BTB or 4v4 as a dedicated list. 

Fill in the gaps with a mix of 4v4, FFA and BTB until you get to 12 lists.