CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This is just what the final playlist line up could look like this isn't the final list still waiting on the survey stuff.

aaad342226489cb3b88f4042a08eb983.png

I love that halo 4 is stuck in the Social Crossplay list. I hope this is a sign from 343 that they understand that halo we want (not holding my breath).

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is just what the final playlist line up could look like this isn't the final list still waiting on the survey stuff.

1)  Like i said earlier, fuck halo 3

2) why are there so many ranked playlists?

I fully expect a lot of those to change to Social and for Doubles to get cut.

Halo 2 just shouldn't have an individual 4v4 playlist that isn't hardcore same with H3. They also shouldn't call it hardcore because it scares away players despite those settings being more than fine for everyone not just competitive players. H2A/H4/H2/H3 should just be a cross game social slayer 4v4 with radar/ar/smg starts so all of that cancer can be contained. Just freed up a bunch of playlist slots so that people can get FFA that isn't just some H3 lone wolves trash. I left CE out of the cross game 4v4 pool because while its fun MCC is busted and frustrating with that game and it shouldn't be forced on people who don't already want to play

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey Supermelee24 you should play H1 with all of us at a LAN. You would have fun and LAN's are fun. Everyone should come out to a LAN. They are very fun and you get to meet a bunch of people. Also you get to play Damnation which is a blessing all in itself.

not sure about that last part.

Why do we need ranked team "arena" and ranked team "hardcore" for? Why would we have a H3 2v2 playlist? Why does H3 have its own social BTB playlist? H2A ranked is a waste of a playlist spot. 

H3 lone wolves I can understand, it's easily the most popular FFA mode Halo has ever had (though I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole). CE ranked 2v2 and social 4v4 also good. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This playlist list is worse than the last. h4 will take over team slayer and btb because it doesnt have an individual playlist and become the new halo 3 in that regard. team slayer doesnt need to exist because we already have 4v4 for every game and having it just hurts the pool for the other games. Btb needs to be separated for every game.

and seriously team arena now? I prefer this over team slayer only but the only difference between default h2 and mlg h2 is no plasma pistols and no radar. Just use the mlg settings as the default halo 2 experience for 4v4 and cut team arena. Well still call it team arena, just use mlg settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

what discord was that posted in

what discord was that posted in

The one in my signature but i wouldn't go in there talking about how this line up is bad pretty much all of us in there fought for this line up.

This playlist list is worse than the last. h4 will take over team slayer and btb because it doesnt have an individual playlist and become the new halo 3 in that regard. team slayer doesnt need to exist because we already have 4v4 for every game and having it just hurts the pool for the other games. Btb needs to be separated for every game.

and seriously team arena now? I prefer this over team slayer only but the only difference between default h2 and mlg h2 is no plasma pistols and no radar. Just use the mlg settings as the default halo 2 experience for 4v4 and cut team arena. Well still call it team arena, just use mlg settings. 

Even if they wanted to add non-MLG maps, but keep the no duals, no radar, BR start settings, that would be fine with me.  Seriously labeling things as "Hardcore" or "HCS" or "MLG" turns people off for no reason other than the name too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No H2 Team Doubles?

What's H4 doing in the same playlist as H1/H2?

And I thought the limit was 9 playlists?

Just when you think things are getting clearer...343 goes and murks it up again.

Anyhow, if they are taking the direction of crossplay BTB, here's my take:

Social Crossplay BTB Classic (H1/H2)
Social Crossplay BTB Modern (H3/H4)
H1 Social 4v4
H1 Ranked 2v2
H2 Ranked 4v4 Team Hardcore
H2 Ranked Team Doubles
H2A Ranked 4v4
H3 4v4 (Social or Ranked, I don't care)
H3 Ranked Team Doubles

Still needs SWAT and H2 FFA, though.

Reminder: This is all pointless without bugfixes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why does H3 have its own social BTB playlist?

Because 90-95% of BTB players want to play it. The 5-10% that want to play the others are always crying about H3 winning the vote every time.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That actually kind of bums me out.  H4 isn't my favorite Halo or anything but I loved hopping on with my friends, not a fan of BTB.  

Also Hang 'Em High and Derelict suck.

If you were emperor of Halo and you got to decide the standard series to be played at LANs, what two maps would replace Hang Em and Derelict?

If you were emperor of Halo and you got to decide the standard series to be played at LANs, what two maps would replace Hang Em and Derelict?

If we were doing 5 game series, I think Battle Creek, Downrush, Imminent, and Outbound are better than Hang 'Em and Derelict.  That being said, even though I think they suck sometimes I do usually really enjoy playing both Hang 'Em and Derelict.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Explain in detail why you think Creek is better than Hangem please. @@Missingno

...H3 and H2A encompassing 55% of the playlists? You can't be serious.

I might be devastatingly biased but I believe H2C should have the most once it's fixed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Explain in detail why you think Creek is better than Hangem please. @@Missingno

I might be devastatingly biased but I believe H2C should have the most once it's fixed. 

No red shotgun spawn. 

Honestly I probably enjoy BC and Hang 'Em the same.  Purely personal preference.  I actually really like that Hang 'Em is different in the sense that you constantly have to worry about randoms and team shotting.  I think that's really neat and different from the other maps.

Even if they wanted to add non-MLG maps, but keep the no duals, no radar, BR start settings, that would be fine with me.  Seriously labeling things as "Hardcore" or "HCS" or "MLG" turns people off for no reason other than the name too.

personally I would just put them in as lower weighting and/or put them as the 2nd option on a veto. Example you get midship flag, but veto, you can now get ivory tower. But you would never get a "bad" map unless you got 5/8 vetoes. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The way I'd do playlists:

4v4 Social Mix (TS and Objective gametypes with radar from every game. H1 is still no radar because it's ass.)

-----------------
H1 4v4 ranked

H1 2v2 ranked

------------------

H2 4v4 ranked (Hardcore settings, but include non-tournament maps like Ivory Tower and Ascension)

H2 2v2 ranked
H2 FFA ranked

------------------
H2A 4v4 ranked (HCS settings with Zenith and Stonetown)

-----------------

H3 4v4 ranked (MLG settings, but include Isolation, Assembly, High Ground, etc)

H3 FFA ranked

H3 2v2 ranked

-----------------

H4 4v4 ranked (No radar)

------------------

BTB social rotates though a different game every week. H2A gets combined with H2 since it only has 3 BTB maps.

This accomplishes several things:

-It normalizes good settings in ranked by not labeling them something scary.

-It establishes that radar is a social-only mechanic.

-It stops reinforcing Slayer as separate from other gametypes, and normalizes obj gametypes again.

-Every playstyle has a home. Since theres no overlapping/conflicting experiences, no playlist suffers population cannibalization.

Yes, there are more playlists, but they're also GOOD playlists. Population within each game is sated, and isn't being damaged by another playlist. When playlists are cut too thin and they start stepping on each other's toes, the playlists with the least people tend to lose people faster. In this way, we might be spreading the population thinner initially, but the people in each playlist actually get what they want and presumably stick around.  Now if only we could search multiple playlists at once...

You could also consolidate a bit by taking away dedicated H2 and H3 FFA and making FFA a social playlist that rotates through every game on a weekly basis, staggered from BTB so its never the same game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So, if that were to be the final list would I need to have H4 installed to play the social BTB playlist with CE and H2

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, if that were to be the final list would I need to have H4 installed to play the social BTB playlist with CE and H2

They should program it so you get faster matching with it installed but can search without.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not the BTB playlist, as that would rotate through each game for 1 week at a time. The Social 4v4 list, maybe, unless they can do what Knighty described.

The way I'd do playlists:

4v4 Social Mix (TS and Objective gametypes with radar from every game. H1 is still no radar because it's ass.)

-----------------

H1 4v4 ranked

H1 2v2 ranked

------------------

H2 4v4 ranked (Hardcore settings, but include non-tournament maps like Ivory Tower and Ascension)

H2 2v2 ranked

H2 FFA ranked

------------------

H2A 4v4 ranked (HCS settings with Zenith and Stonetown)

-----------------

H3 4v4 ranked (MLG settings, but include Isolation, Assembly, High Ground, etc)

H3 FFA ranked

H3 2v2 ranked

-----------------

H4 4v4 ranked (No radar)

------------------

BTB social rotates though a different game every week. H2A gets combined with H2 since it only has 3 BTB maps.

This accomplishes several things:

-It normalizes good settings in ranked by not labeling them something scary.

-It establishes that radar is a social-only mechanic.

-It stops reinforcing Slayer as separate from other gametypes, and normalizes obj gametypes again.

-Every playstyle has a home. Since theres no overlapping/conflicting experiences, no playlist suffers population cannibalization.

Yes, there are more playlists, but they're also GOOD playlists. Population within each game is sated, and isn't being damaged by another playlist. When playlists are cut too thin and they start stepping on each other's toes, the playlists with the least people tend to lose people faster. In this way, we might be spreading the population thinner initially, but the people in each playlist actually get what they want and presumably stick around.  Now if only we could search multiple playlists at once...

You could also consolidate a bit by taking away dedicated H2 and H3 FFA and making FFA a social playlist that rotates through every game on a weekly basis, staggered from BTB so its never the same game.

Yeah let's not put non-MLG maps in the competitive playlists.  I like where your head is at, but....no.

Yeah let's not put non-MLG maps in the competitive playlists.  I like where your head is at, but....no.

If you don't do that, then you have to have 2 4v4 playlists in those games, and one of them will be the shitty one while the other is the scary one. If you put the "B" gametypes behind a veto or just weight them lower like what Riddler suggested, we can do some badly needed consolidation, as well as start making tournament gametypes feel normal to the masses. I think that's worth having to play a sweaty game on a mediocre map from time to time.

I think the whole concept of the competitive playlist is an obstacle to growth. It should just be, "the playlist".

• Upvote (+1) 4

Two questions.

Question 1: Do the people that want ranked 2v2 H3 so bad know that they can play ranked 2v2 CE on MCC?

Question 2: If they do know, what in the actual fuck is wrong with them?!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1