CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don’t care what your opinion is as long as you don’t vote for AR’s on High Ground over Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 6

And that truly means something to you?

It shouldn't mean anything to anyone. But regardless, Halo 4's campaign is pretty good. Makes me wonder how the hell 343 went from that to making the shit show that was Halo 5's campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought Halo 2 had decent writing.  Halo Ce had basically no story at all, and Halo 3 was just shit.  I don't get how Cortana went from being a minor sidekick to the center of the Halo universe in one game.  And now she's the leader of an alien invasion force?  It's ridiculous.

She didn't. It took 3. She took the index from Installation 04 in CE and kept it up until the end of H3 when it was needed to fire the replacement 04. Pretty cool idea and writing to have the only tool possible to defeat the Flood be placed in the hands of an AI that was left with the Flood.

I agree with your points on CE and 3, but 2's campaign just seems monstrously overrated. Its story was heavily criticized at launch (not just because of Arbiter gameplay), and I'm left confused as to why people's minds have changed. 

Halo 4 is probably the only Halo that has legit good writing. Unlike any other game in the franchise, 4 was actually nominated by the Golden Joystick awards for best storytelling, and it won IGN's people's choice award for best story of 2012, beating out Spec Ops: The Line, Walking Dead, and Far Cry 3.

H2's campaign is definitely overrated.  I have replayed that game a half dozen times, and skipped almost all the arbiter levels each time.  I don't want to play as him.  I don't give a shit. All those levels just felt like a slog.

I wouldn't say that Halo 4 had good writing though.  The relationship between chief and cortana as she is dying honestly kind of writes itself.  And the rest of the story elements were not told well imo.  The whole didact/librarian relationship took like an hour reading through wiki's to understand since it pulled on EU shit that was never brought up in any prior games.

If you didnt know tetris was the most sold game then youre living under a rock. Its been #1 for 3 decades now.

Ce is well liked on every halo forum though not all for the same reason, though its the same for every halo game. This forum is for competitive minded people. And as such ce has been put on a pedestal because its objectively the best halo game without personal opinion involved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anybody still h2 in here. I keep missing the damn insider playtests lol. I wanna do some h2 customs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It shouldn't anything to anyone. But regardless, Halo 4's campaign is pretty good. Makes me wonder how the hell 343 went from that to making the shit show that was Halo 5's campaign.

That was the number one reason that I hated Halo 5's campaigns. Yes it had very subpar writing, pushed 343 into a narrative tight spot, and had very misleading advertising but the biggest offense for me was that it made some of the best moments in 4 completely meaningless. 5 completely invalidated everything that happened in 4.

Whoaaaaa thousands? How's the local halo 3 scene doing? Maybe I should completely and blindly base my opinion around that?

• Upvote (+1) 5

tenor.gif?itemid=5640172

+1 for Stargate gif

none of your links had that many followers so you’re full of shit

None of your arguments have that much logic behind them, so you're full of shit.

We could play this game all day. You're pretty much the epitome of "I said it so its true".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, i solved it. When ogre2 streams solely h1, hes the most popular person in halo mcc twitch. Hence h1 is better!

Basing best game off social media views is stupid. By that logic h5 is the best game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can someone link me the halo ce nhe tournament that was recent

Click the casting link in my sig and look for the titles in that playlist that mention a tournament.

Anybody still h2 in here. I keep missing the damn insider playtests lol. I wanna do some h2 customs.

if you join my discord link in my sig then ask for the h2 one you will get one. Not home right now

Speaking of Halo 1 LANs, I'll hopefully be locking in a fourth for a LAN at my place Saturday. Assuming I can get a fourth, it'll be our first time trying NHE. I'm the only one fairly familiar with spawns, especially randoms, so playing training mode with random zones visible is hopefully going to help even the playing field a bit.

This is just what the final playlist line up could look like this isn't the final list still waiting on the survey stuff.

aaad342226489cb3b88f4042a08eb983.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey Supermelee24 you should play H1 with all of us at a LAN. You would have fun and LAN's are fun. Everyone should come out to a LAN. They are very fun and you get to meet a bunch of people. Also you get to play Damnation which is a blessing all in itself.

I see this post is missing the obligatory comment about how hang em high or derelict sucks. Please revise
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This is just what the final playlist line up could look like this isn't the final list still waiting on the survey stuff.

aaad342226489cb3b88f4042a08eb983.png

Only one place to play Halo 4 and it's a multigame playlist? I'm not complaining but I am surprised.

I'm assuming Halo 4 is no longer the most popular game in MCC.

Only one place to play Halo 4 and it's a multigame playlist? I'm not complaining but I am surprised.

That actually kind of bums me out.  H4 isn't my favorite Halo or anything but I loved hopping on with my friends, not a fan of BTB.  

Also Hang 'Em High and Derelict suck.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just now noticing there isn't a playlist for halo 4 but it makes sense i can barely get a game now in Halo 4 on mcc.

• Upvote (+1) 2