CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So, trying to decipher between all the nonsense in here, is the Halo 3 aiming on MCC feeling fast legit or a troll? I played it a couple weekends ago and I thought it felt very fast and "squirrely." Didn't know if it was because I hadn't gotten to play any Xbox in days and was headcasing, or if it legit felt that way.

The public version of MCC has not had any changes to it. People are referring to the MCC Insider version that has received updates. There has been no response from 343 that suggests that they have changed the aiming. As the 'feel' of aiming is not something you can really test, people are pretty much just posting anecdotal evidence. If it is of interest to you. i switched back and forth a few times in one day and did not notice a difference.

Fortnite has bad graphics?

It definitely has a different art style to it, but I don't think it looks bad by any means. Not in the same sense that Minecraft does anyways.

i believe my words are taken out of context or misunderstood. i never said they were bad. im refering to this statement:

it’s the most popular for many reasons. Reasons you think are dumb or are done better in CE. I’m going to be honest graphics matter. The h3 “HD” graphics are really nice and that’s one of the reasons people prefer h3 over h1&2. Graphics don’t matter a lot but they definitely hold their place.

there is no logical reason why graphics have an impact on experience. in fact, too good of lighting can hinder a shooter greatly...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CE wouldn’t be played except by the purists here and you’re all in a strong minority. And that’s not an opinion it’s a fact.

Halo CE is the best Halo game. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

• Upvote (+1) 6

well shit. Tbh I never even heard of this tournament until literally now and I bet my ass you didn’t until you googled it or something. I base my popularity on twitch views.

Yes, it's called doing research to back up your opinions. I know that's a foreign concept to you, but next time you feel like throwing out some asinine comment that you're going to spend 10 pages defending, maybe take 30 seconds to do even the most cursory of research. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

The public version of MCC has not had any changes to it. People are referring to the MCC Insider version that has received updates. There has been no response from 343 that suggests that they have changed the aiming. As the 'feel' of aiming is not something you can really test, people are pretty much just posting anecdotal evidence. If it is of interest to you. i switched back and forth a few times in one day and did not notice a difference.

Yea, I was talking about the MCC test. Okay, cool, it was just me headcasing then.

So, trying to decipher between all the nonsense in here, is the Halo 3 aiming on MCC feeling fast legit or a troll? I played it a couple weekends ago and I thought it felt very fast and "squirrely." Didn't know if it was because I hadn't gotten to play any Xbox in days and was headcasing, or if it legit felt that way.

You're right, H3 aiming on MCC is way too fast and squirrely. Even on 2 sensitivity, I am wind milling, whereas on the 360, I have total control over the aim and no complaints. Same issue applies to Reach backward compatible. I think the problem is Microsoft made the Xbox One thumb sticks way too loose. I'm hoping that 343 will re-calibrate the aiming for the Xbone controller to match the 360's. I never had any aiming issues with the original Xbox type S or Xbox 360 controllers on Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach. Aiming was perfect. With the Xbox One controller, a lot of wind milling. I can't stand it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

name me a cmap from h1 or 2 that’s better, like I personally can think of something sanctuary but, I know many prefer the pit.

Chiron TL-34

• Upvote (+1) 2

Transformers grossed over double what the Godfather grossed. Clearly Transformers is a better movie.

Eeeeeeeeeh, no. Only when you don't adjust for inflation. Replace the "over double" with "more than", and Transformers with like Phantom Menace and that's-a-bingo.

Imagine the amount of content possible if developers weren't obsessed with pushing graphics.  Studios are big enough now that they could easily put out a game that has the level of detail of Halo Ce yet has a hundred campaign missions and multiplayer maps each.  Instead we gotta have more and more level of detail, because the difference between 1440p and 4k textures is SO noticeable on a distant TV as you move through the map at high speeds and as they're buried beneath pointless motion blur mechanics...sarcasm.

I'm not saying games should go back to that level of detail.  Just that at some point you're making giant sacrifices to filesize and available content only to get barely distinguishable diminishing returns in graphics.

minecraft is a fan favorited game and has HD(you can actually view stuff without it looking horrible) graphics and you can see shit(you’re confusing graphics with art style)

Uh, no.  He's not.  Minecraft has 8-bit textures and extremely low poly counts.  That's low detail graphics.  ART STYLE would be comparing a 8-bit minecraft texture pack to a completely different 8-bit texture pack. 

If your point is 60fps, HD resolution, etc...then ALL of the MCC games have that too and Halo 3 isn't special in that regard.

I thought Halo 2 had decent writing.  Halo Ce had basically no story at all, and Halo 3 was just shit.  I don't get how Cortana went from being a minor sidekick to the center of the Halo universe in one game.  And now she's the leader of an alien invasion force?  It's ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Imagine the amount of content possible if developers weren't obsessed with pushing graphics.  Studios are big enough now that they could easily put out a game that has the level of detail of Halo Ce yet has a hundred campaign missions and multiplayer maps each.  Instead we gotta have more and more level of detail, because the difference between 1440p and 4k textures is SO noticeable on a distant TV as you move through the map at high speeds and as they're buried beneath pointless motion blur mechanics...sarcasm.

Uh, no.  He's not.  Minecraft has 8-bit textures and extremely low poly counts.  That's low detail graphics.  ART STYLE would be comparing a 8-bit minecraft texture pack to a completely different 8-bit texture pack. 

If your point is 60fps, HD resolution, etc...then ALL of the MCC games have that too and Halo 3 isn't special in that regard.

I thought Halo 2 had decent writing.  Halo Ce had basically no story at all, and Halo 3 was just shit.  I don't get how Cortana went from being a minor sidekick to the center of the Halo universe in one game.  And now she's the leader of an alien invasion force?  It's ridiculous.

While I don't really like the recent Cortana 343 story before that she was growing more important/knowledgeable with forerunner stuff for the entirety of the series it was a pretty natural progression 

• Upvote (+1) 1

name me a cmap from h1 or 2 that’s better, like I personally can think of something sanctuary but, I know many prefer the pit.

In truth, all your favorite H3 maps are garbage.  All the ones used competitively in CE and H2 are infinitely superior.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 maps have a hold forward meta because the BR can't kill shit beyond mid range. You legit can't bait a power item from strategic angles and expect to get a kill without a sniper. Not that that's a huge deal anyways because powerups and weapons take 1/5th of the game to spawn.

Riddler's idea for how to fix Guardian TS was spot on, but H3 needs teleporters that let you exit facing any direction (looking at you, Cold Storage).

• Upvote (+1) 6

i believe my words are taken out of context or misunderstood. i never said they were bad. im refering to this statement:

there is no logical reason why graphics have an impact on experience. in fact, too good of lighting can hinder a shooter greatly...

Its fiar to note h3 lightning colors etc is superior to ce and h2 in literally every way but thats because its an HD game. 

In truth, all your favorite H3 maps are garbage.  All the ones used competitively in CE and H2 are infinitely superior.  

Thats why no one ever says they love CE over h3 except the purist of this forum. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Thats why no one ever says they love CE over h3 except the purist of this forum. 

FOwZ77O.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

You're right, H3 aiming on MCC is way too fast and squirrely. Even on 2 sensitivity, I am wind milling, whereas on the 360, I have total control over the aim and no complaints. Same issue applies to Reach backward compatible. I think the problem is Microsoft made the Xbox One thumb sticks way too loose. I'm hoping that 343 will re-calibrate the aiming for the Xbone controller to match the 360's. I never had any aiming issues with the original Xbox type S or Xbox 360 controllers on Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach. Aiming was perfect. With the Xbox One controller, a lot of wind milling. I can't stand it.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Since the first day I picked up the Xbox One controller, I noticed a gigantic difference with the sticks. I blamed it on my age at first, thinking I just fell off a cliff with my skills, but a few months ago I hooked up my 360 and I couldn't believe the difference. My aiming immediately came back on point.

there is no logical reason why graphics have an impact on experience. in fact, too good of lighting can hinder a shooter greatly...

Makes more sense, just didn’t get that with the way it was worded.

Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with your points on CE and 3, but 2's campaign just seems monstrously overrated. Its story was heavily criticized at launch (not just because of Arbiter gameplay), and I'm left confused as to why people's minds have changed. 

Halo 4 is probably the only Halo that has legit good writing. Unlike any other game in the franchise, 4 was actually nominated by the Golden Joystick awards for best storytelling, and it won IGN's people's choice award for best story of 2012, beating out Spec Ops: The Line, Walking Dead, and Far Cry 3.

I agree with your points on CE and 3, but 2's campaign just seems monstrously overrated. Its story was heavily criticized at launch (not just because of Arbiter gameplay), and I'm left confused as to why people's minds have changed. 

Halo 4 is probably the only Halo that has legit good writing. Unlike any other game in the franchise, 4 was actually nominated by the Golden Joystick awards for best storytelling, and it won IGN's people's choice award for best story of 2012, beating out Spec Ops: The Line, Walking Dead, and Far Cry 3.

And that truly means something to you?