CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I bet he has only ever played a shooter at 143fps max, that scrub.

believe me bro the difference between 143 and 144 is bigger than you can believe Kappa

I wouldn't say it feels incredible because Halo 3 has never felt incredible. Lol. But it does feel better than I'm used to.

You're right but Halo 3 on MCC was Frankenstein's monster. It made the 360 version seem smooth 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're right but Halo 3 on MCC was Frankenstein's monster. It made the 360 version seem smooth

After playing yesterday the aiming definitely felt really fast. I thought I was on 5 sens and turns out I’m on 3

That's not my point. I know they're allergic to learning a new game. I've had 4 years to learn that lesson. My point is that they are taking up a spot that could give more variety for the games I can ONLY play on MCC (on Xbox). For example, I might not get H2 FFA because H3 kids cried about not getting doubles, even though they could totally just go fucking play doubles, right now.

If you don't think H3 had a predatory impact on the population of H1 and 2 in MCC up to this point, you're high. Try to think objectively about this.

Yes, you could theoretically go search Halo 3 doubles on 360 right now. You won't get a game though. If you somehow get a game, there's a 90% chance there will be hackers. I don't think its fair to say people could go search doubles on 360 right now because they really can't.

Halo 3 is without a doubt the most popular game, it's going to get the most playlists.

Yes, you could theoretically go search Halo 3 doubles on 360 right now. You won't get a game though. If you somehow get a game, there's a 90% chance there will be hackers. I don't think its fair to say people could go search doubles on 360 right now because they really can't.

Halo 3 is without a doubt the most popular game, it's going to get the most playlists.

it’s the most popular for many reasons. Reasons you think are dumb or are done better in CE. I’m going to be honest graphics matter. The h3 “HD” graphics are really nice and that’s one of the reasons people prefer h3 over h1&2. Graphics don’t matter a lot but they definitely hold their place. Map design. Most players like 4s and h1 is horrible 4v4 style, but besides that h3 has the best maps.(I dare you to make a poll and I bet your ass people will say the pit is better than h1 or h2 map). The br though inconsistent 343 has the power to remove the spread and then we got something here, but with the recent insider the hit reg felt somewhat similar to h3 lan, 4shots happened a lot more than they did before. Look understand a good amount of h3 players aren’t 27 years old who grew up on h1 a good amount grew up on h3, and like you stated don’t want to play a new game. It’s they no doubtedly played h1 and h2 on mcc and didn’t like it. It’s fair note they’re not 100% like their Xbox(og) counter parts but neither is h3, and yet, people still prefer it.

It’s understandable to desire h2 and h1 more in mcc because these games aren’t playable anymore via Xbox live(I know ce didn’t have live) .

Long story short people would play h2 more because it’s more like h3. CE wouldn’t be played except by the purists here and you’re all in a strong minority. And that’s not an opinion it’s a fact.

• Downvote (-1) 9

That's not my point. I know they're allergic to learning a new game. I've had 4 years to learn that lesson. My point is that they are taking up a spot that could give more variety for the games I can ONLY play on MCC (on Xbox). For example, I might not get H2 FFA because H3 kids cried about not getting doubles, even though they could totally just go fucking play doubles, right now.

If you don't think H3 had a predatory impact on the population of H1 and 2 in MCC up to this point, you're high. Try to think objectively about this.

While I agree that mixed playlists have been very damaging to H1 and H2 up to this point, single-game playlists should prevent the situation you're describing. 343 has been cognizant enough to realize that the population doesn't have great crossover between games, and therefore each game should be relatively sandboxed from playlist changes from other games. We both know H2 FFA will have little effect on the H3 population because why would H3 kids ever enter a H2 FFA playlist? 343 (should) realize this as well. The real equation is whether or not H2's dedicated population can support a FFA playlist, and how much its existence draws people into the H2 sandbox vs how much it drains people from other H2 playlists.

As for your believe that the X360 H3 doubles playlist is still somehow viable, I agree with M. The quality is garbage. I'd far prefer playing doubles in a stunt_man server in CE (the discord lets you organize controller only games) or organizing my own doubles game in H2V than deal with a doubles playlist with little population.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can't even say this cause 360 H3 is dead

LOL, keep em comin.

name me a cmap from h1 or 2 that’s better, like I personally can think of something sanctuary but, I know many prefer the pit.

it’s the most popular for many reasons. Reasons you think are dumb or are done better in CE. I’m going to be honest graphics matter. The h3 “HD” graphics are really nice and that’s one of the reasons people prefer h3 over h1&2. Graphics don’t matter a lot but they definitely hold their place. Map design. Most players like 4s and h1 is horrible 4v4 style, but besides that h3 has the best maps.(I dare you to make a poll and I bet your ass people will say the pit is better than h1 or h2 map). The br though inconsistent 343 has the power to remove the spread and then we got something here, but with the recent insider the hit reg felt somewhat similar to h3 lan, 4shots happened a lot more than they did before. Look understand a good amount of h3 players aren’t 27 years old who grew up on h1 a good amount grew up on h3, and like you stated don’t want to play a new game. It’s they no doubtedly played h1 and h2 on mcc and didn’t like it. It’s fair note they’re not 100% like their Xbox(og) counter parts but neither is h3, and yet, people still prefer it.

It’s understandable to desire h2 and h1 more in mcc because these games aren’t playable anymore via Xbox live(I know ce didn’t have live) .

Long story short people would play h2 more because it’s more like h3. CE wouldn’t be played except by the purists here and you’re all in a strong minority. And that’s not an opinion it’s a fact.

You've bumped your head a few too many times.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Curiosity, do you think Halo 3 maps are better or do you think people just prefer the mechanics of Halo 3 a lot more?

Personally, there's a couple maps I don't mind, otherwise I dislike most maps in Halo 3. I wondered if it was just because I don't enjoy Halo 3 as much as other Halos, but then I played Pit in Reach V7 and still didn't like it. Meanwhile I play Sanctuary in Halo 2, Reach V7, or H2A and I love it in all three.

I agree Halo 3 definitely has more fan favorites. If that poll was made I wouldn't be surprised if four of the top five voted were H3 maps.

We are a strong, vocal minority. I agree with you at the end. I remember at one point 343 released numbers for which game is more popular, and the list had Halo 4 at the top. I'm really curious how the popularity ranks stand now. Is H2 more popular than H2A? Is Halo 4 still a juggernaut? If I had to guess, it would probably be H3 at the top, then H4, H2A, H2, and H1. Which sucks for us old school purists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

name me a map from h1 or 2 that’s better

Literally any map from halo 2 that was in the last version of MLG settings is better. Dammy, Chill Out, Prisoner, Ratrace, and Derelict are all better.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Literally any map from halo 2 that was in the last version of MLG settings is better. Dammy, Chill Out, Prisoner, Ratrace, and Derelict are all better.

I think Supermelee is thinking more of fan favorites. Also some of the maps you mentioned didn't play well when remade in Halo 3, and if that is a fan's only experience I don't blame them for liking H3 maps more.

Like if somebody heard Chill Out was a great map, and then decided to play Cold Storage in H3 and hated it, I wouldn't blame them for thinking Narrows is better than Chill Out, or that Construct is better than Lockout, etc.

Fan favorites, definitely Halo 3 would win. Best is debateable, I would strongly disagree with H3 having the best maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Transformers grossed over double what the Godfather grossed. Clearly Transformers is a better movie. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

If graphics mattered tetris, fortnite and minecraft wouldn't be the most popular games to ever exist. 

i still prefer the metallic look of h1 over h2/h3 and the variety of colors over reach.. after halo2 though each installment became more and more cluttered with junk

• Upvote (+1) 3

halo 3 either has good maps on bad mechanic design or shitty maps.

Narrows? Ah the push forward method.

Heretic? Just a mindless push forward.

Guardian? Its okay but it could have been better. Does not play well because theres no reason to move.

Pit? Yeah this is just shit map balance. It plays okay for 2s but with 4s its just a standstill.

Construct? Same problems as the pit which is why it was only used for king at the end.

Onslaught and amplified are just no brainer hold forward maps. Its a disgrace mlg let that happen

Halo 3 is average at best for maps. You can still enjoy bad maps the same way you can enjoy checkers over chess but clearly chess is objectively the better game. Halo 3 had fan favorite maps in the same way blood gulch is the most liked map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If graphics mattered tetris, fortnite and minecraft wouldn't be the most popular games to ever exist.

Fortnite has bad graphics?

It definitely has a different art style to it, but I don't think it looks bad by any means. Not in the same sense that Minecraft does anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i still prefer the metallic look of h1 over h2/h3 and the variety of colors over reach.. after halo2 though each installment became more and more cluttered with junk

Tetris isn’t popular at all after the 90s ended, minecraft is a fan favorited game and has HD(you can actually view stuff without it looking horrible) graphics and you can see shit(you’re confusing graphics with art style) fortnight again it’s cartoonish but it’s graphics for what game it is are nice, especially with the colors and other things. You prefer it great, I know most do not.

In terms of maps I am thinking of fan favorites but they were favorites for a reason. Cold storage in h3 played great for team dubs tbh, Horrible for 4s.

• Downvote (-1) 4

2cg7gu.jpg

Halo single players as a whole aren't very good when compared to other FPS of the era.

halo 3 either has good maps on bad mechanic design or shitty maps.

Narrows? Ah the push forward method.

Heretic? Just a mindless push forward.

Guardian? Its okay but it could have been better. Does not play well because theres no reason to move.

Pit? Yeah this is just shit map balance. It plays okay for 2s but with 4s its just a standstill.

Construct? Same problems as the pit which is why it was only used for king at the end.

Onslaught and amplified are just no brainer hold forward maps. Its a disgrace mlg let that happen

Halo 3 is average at best for maps. You can still enjoy bad maps the same way you can enjoy checkers over chess but clearly chess is objectively the better game. Halo 3 had fan favorite maps in the same way blood gulch is the most liked map.

so in hindsight if it doesn’t play greatly for slayer it’s bad? Because this is what I got out of this.

So, trying to decipher between all the nonsense in here, is the Halo 3 aiming on MCC feeling fast legit or a troll? I played it a couple weekends ago and I thought it felt very fast and "squirrely." Didn't know if it was because I hadn't gotten to play any Xbox in days and was headcasing, or if it legit felt that way.

so in hindsight if it doesn’t play greatly for slayer it’s bad? Because this is what I got out of this.

thats one way to look at it but you should take away that these maps were very linear. Theres only one way to go. Narrows is the easiest to see this on. You sit top mid for slayer and wait for them to approach then spawn kill or for flag you push flag and spawn kill. Theres no spawn manipulation. You kill them then look cannon or plat and thats it. Its not good for slayer or obj

and objective was used as a way to fix a problem with the map/map settings/map mechanics. Like you can make guardian a much better map simply by making camo spawn faster, changing lifts to one way teleporters, and putting rockets and os on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1