CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is there a way I don't get banned when I quit the build in the pregame?

All the casuals wanting reach to be remade are shooting themselves in the foot. Right now Reach has 100% of the population on the 360 servers. As soon as it's released on the xbone remastered and its not compatible, it gets severely hurt. Reach is played so much because it is on the 360 and the 360 had so many consoles sold. the 360 crowd wont move over, so their game is hurt. The new people won't be playing reach after a year because if they would, they would already be playing it on the 360/backwards compatibility. So it cuts the population pool in half for both releases for no reason other than "muh 60 fps." - We already saw this happen with halo 3. While halo 3 was less popular than halo reach 2011-2014 (pre mcc hype), it still functioned. you could get games in skirmish, rumble, btb, social slayer, action sack, multi team, team slayer, team doubles, lone wolves, mlg. That's all you needed. yeah swat was dead but so what. now its just lone wolves, team slayer, 50high dubs, social slayer. no btb. no multi team. no mlg. And remember that halo 3 doesnt even work as well on the xbone and it's in this state. 

That seems like a very bad idea for the reach community. I hope that doesnt happen to them

It depends on if they do a good job on remastering Reach or not. Like, if it's 1080p 60 FPS, dedicated servers for all games, includes all DLC maps into matchmaking rotation, and make the game TU across the board, then it will be fucking awesome and many people would play it. And if they nerf jetpack, or just remove it entirely, it will be even more awesome. Of course, if they don't do those things, then it will suck like everything else 343 has done and there will be low population, just like every other 343 made Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

H3 can fuck off and go play BC if they wanna cry about shit. Your fucking game already exists. Go play it.

People want to play Halo 3 in 1080p 60 FPS on dedicated servers. It's a much better experience than playing the stale 2007 version with terrible lag.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The planned selection of playlists is actually pretty decent, at least as a starting point. My thoughts:

I'm a little surprised that CE got 3 playlists, I would have expected just the obvious 2v2 and then either BTB/4v4. I suspect one might go, but I guess we'll see what the population looks like.

Remove TS from H2, add Dubs. H2 Hardcore wasn't that far from default anyway. If I were them, I'd test out a dedicated FFA playlist to see if it can maintain a population.

H3 looks good. Once again, I suspect you could add Dubs with little consequence to the population.

Radical idea for H2A: Remove TS, add Action Sack. H2A's real value is in its Forge scripts and minigames. Make it the minigame/infection hub.

It really warms my heart to see H4 get relegated to a single playlist. BTB was H4's biggest strength, so having a single BTB playlist is likely the best move in terms of actually catering to the population and having H4 in MM at all.

My only problem with the playlists is having ranked team slayer in H2/H3. Nobody cares that you have a 50 in slayer and 99.9% of people searching team slayer in MCC right now don’t care about a rank and don’t want to get sweaty. They just want to sit back and enjoy a fun game of casual Halo where they don’t have to worry how well they perform. Keep ranked to hardcore and FFA.

This. A social/rank split is the only good reason for keeping TS in H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People want to play Halo 3 in 1080p 60 FPS on dedicated servers. It's a much better experience than playing the stale 2007 version with terrible lag.

It's still the same sluggish, inconsistent game and nothing will change that.

From what I hear, Halo 3 feels incredible now. Looking forward to my Insider invite so I can make up my own conclusion though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Making less H3 playlists wouldn't make more people play H1 or H2

That's not my point. I know they're allergic to learning a new game. I've had 4 years to learn that lesson. My point is that they are taking up a spot that could give more variety for the games I can ONLY play on MCC (on Xbox). For example, I might not get H2 FFA because H3 kids cried about not getting doubles, even though they could totally just go fucking play doubles, right now.

If you don't think H3 had a predatory impact on the population of H1 and 2 in MCC up to this point, you're high. Try to think objectively about this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All the casuals wanting reach to be remade are shooting themselves in the foot. Right now Reach has 100% of the population on the 360 servers. As soon as it's released on the xbone remastered and its not compatible, it gets severely hurt. Reach is played so much because it is on the 360 and the 360 had so many consoles sold. the 360 crowd wont move over, so their game is hurt. The new people won't be playing reach after a year because if they would, they would already be playing it on the 360/backwards compatibility. So it cuts the population pool in half for both releases for no reason other than "muh 60 fps." - We already saw this happen with halo 3. While halo 3 was less popular than halo reach 2011-2014 (pre mcc hype), it still functioned. you could get games in skirmish, rumble, btb, social slayer, action sack, multi team, team slayer, team doubles, lone wolves, mlg. That's all you needed. yeah swat was dead but so what. now its just lone wolves, team slayer, 50high dubs, social slayer. no btb. no multi team. no mlg. And remember that halo 3 doesnt even work as well on the xbone and it's in this state.

That seems like a very bad idea for the reach community. I hope that doesnt happen to them

muh 60fps are you fucking ******** and not realize no one can play 30fps like they used to anymore. Fuck the 360 Mexicans who won’t get an Xbox one. I want reach on 60fps, 30fps does not feel good especially when you’ve playing games on pc at 144 hz, I’m sorry but when idiots like YOU don’t know the difference between 60 to 30 it’s beyond ridiculous. It’s clear you don’t know the difference or you wouldn’t of said that.

-2 votes ha! Two idiots who believe the difference is minuscule.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

muh 60fps are you fucking ******** and not realize no one can play 30fps like they used to anymore. Fuck the 360 Mexicans who won’t get an Xbox one. I want reach on 60fps, 30fps does not feel good especially when you’ve playing games on pc at 144 hz, I’m sorry but when idiots like YOU don’t know the difference between 60 to 30 it’s beyond ridiculous. It’s clear you don’t know the difference or you wouldn’t of said that.

Dude provides a whole paragraph of well-explained reasons, and your retort is exactly what he described in his post. It's like you didn't even read the rest of the post. I promise you, he knows the difference in feel between 30 and 60 fps. What he explained in his post, and what you failed to even address, is that the upgrade in fps isn't worth the game cannibalizing itself, as we've already seen. The racism in your post was just the cherry on the ignorance sundae.

You have no room to be calling anyone here an idiot, especially Riddler.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude provides a whole paragraph of well-explained reasons, and your retort is exactly what he described in his post. It's like you didn't even read the rest of the post. I promise you, he knows the difference in feel between 30 and 60 fps. What he explained in his post, and what you failed to even address, is that the upgrade in fps isn't worth the game cannibalizing itself, as we've already seen. The racism in your post was just the cherry on the ignorance sundae.

You have no room to be calling anyone here an idiot, especially Riddler.

oh I read the post but I don’t believe in his words that’s the difference and I’ll call someone who thinks 60fps isn’t worth something an idiot. And what I said wasnt the n word but the r word
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And it’s mostly Mexicans on reach 360 it’s nit racist it’s the damnee truth and the only reason anyone is on it is because it’s not remastered on the xbone

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From what I hear, Halo 3 feels incredible now. Looking forward to my Insider invite so I can make up my own conclusion though.

Personally speaking, Flight Halo 3's aiming is even worse than it was on 360/original MCC. I was playing on 2 (3 sens in H3) and still didn't feel comfortable. I feel like I have better shot in R6 Seige MP and there's literally no AA there. Shit, I have a better shot playing PC Halo CE on a 360 pad.

Neat. People want to play H1 and H2 at all. Obviously H3 should be well represented, but when their glut of playlists they demand (that ALL already exist on Xbox One) encroaches on 1 and 2, it's fucking annoying.

I'm honestly really disappointed we can't play a CE/H2 playlist, but I'll take it given I'll never have to play ARs on High Ground ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh I read the post but I don’t believe in his words that’s the difference and I’ll call someone who thinks 60fps isn’t worth something an idiot. And what I said wasnt the n word but the r word

And it’s mostly Mexicans on reach 360 it’s nit racist it’s the damnee truth and the only reason anyone is on it is because it’s not remastered on the xbone 

60FPS may not be as important to him. It's not that important to me, it's obviously important to you.

And just saying there's Mexican people playing Reach isn't racist. Complaining about foreign hosts isn't racist. But saying saying something derogatory about them as a people, not playing on their host but about them, that's racist and that's what you did with your original comment.

I'll fix your comment to Riddler for you:

"I disagree, I would rather play 60 FPS on Reach; also by bringing it to MCC, I feel I would get less foreign hosts due to the Xbox One being more popular where I live. I'm willing to have the community divide for these two reasons."

It's not racist, it's not ableist, and it still gets your point across that you value 60 FPS and hopefully less foreign hosts. You can still throw your own personality in there, you don't have to make it as dry as I did, but I hope you can catch what I'm trying to do.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Supermelee24 Oh GAWD here we go again... "nobody can play like that anymore herp de derp you're all old losers".  Reach doesn't deserve the remaster treatment anyway unless they v7 the entire thing, which would never happen. so fuck that game. And we know know what work you used, he was calling you racist for being disparaging against an entire country of people.  I think you need to go see a proctologist man, they could help you out....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally speaking, Flight Halo 3's aiming is even worse than it was on 360/original MCC.

I would be shocked if they didn't fix it by the time the update comes out. Original MCC H3 aim is really bad too. I would be wind milling on 2 sensitivity. They need to recalibrate it entirely for the Xbox One controller to match it as closely as they can to the original 360 version(which was perfect).

I would be shocked if they didn't fix it by the time the update comes out. Original MCC H3 aim is really bad too. I would be wind milling on 2 sensitivity. They need to recalibrate it entirely for the Xbox One controller to match it as closely as they can to the original 360 version(which was perfect).

A new update came out the other day and i feel like the aiming got a little better.

I wouldn't say it feels incredible because Halo 3 has never felt incredible. Lol. But it does feel better than I'm used to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

60FPS may not be as important to him. It's not that important to me, it's obviously important to you.

And just saying there's Mexican people playing Reach isn't racist. Complaining about foreign hosts isn't racist. But saying saying something derogatory about them as a people, not playing on their host but about them, that's racist and that's what you did with your original comment.

I'll fix your comment to Riddler for you:

"I disagree, I would rather play 60 FPS on Reach; also by bringing it to MCC, I feel I would get less foreign hosts due to the Xbox One being more popular where I live. I'm willing to have the community divide for these two reasons."

It's not racist, it's not ableist, and it still gets your point across that you value 60 FPS and hopefully less foreign hosts. You can still throw your own personality in there, you don't have to make it as dry as I did, but I hope you can catch what I'm trying to do.

Well thank you, though having read through supermelee's post, he super anti-dmr and very pro halo3. So i already know he won't play halo reach regardless if its 144 fps. He's just a troll and will argue anything. I don't think he ever left the edgy teenager phase. 

I’ll gladly take reach over halo 3 if it’s v7 or TU. Personally I like the dmr more than the br. I’m not a troll actually it’s jist everyone here is die hard h1 people and I’m not so I’my opinion on the game is different.

@@Supermelee24 Oh GAWD here we go again... "nobody can play like that anymore herp de derp you're all old losers". Reach doesn't deserve the remaster treatment anyway unless they v7 the entire thing, which would never happen. so fuck that game. And we know know what work you used, he was calling you racist for being disparaging against an entire country of people. I think you need to go see a proctologist man, they could help you out....

lol fuck that. I don’t like Mexican host or any other foreign host. It’s jist the fact when I go on their it’s Mexican host or fucking British cunt host.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well thank you, though having read through supermelee's post, he super anti-dmr and very pro halo3. So i already know he won't play halo reach regardless if its 144 fps. He's just a troll and will argue anything. I don't think he ever left the edgy teenager phase.

bruh your ass probably hasn’t even played any shooter on 144fps

bruh your ass probably hasn’t even played any shooter on 144fps

I bet he has only ever played a shooter at 143fps max, that scrub.
  • Upvote (+1) 3