CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not really feeling the update to H2 tbh. They changed the FOV to be similar to H3 and it’s making the whole game feel a lot slower.

I literally have no idea why they changed that, I can’t remember anyone mentioning that MCC H2 FOV needed to be adjusted. It’s actually bothering me that they wasted time and resources on that. They need to change it back ASAP. It’s nauseating to play.

I appreciate the tick rate fix to the carbine but I feel that the BR is a lot less reliable. Seriously at times it’s almost at H3 levels in lack of consistency. I know that they have dedicated servers for this but it appears that they didn’t touch the overall hit detection which is what the initial problem was. And there’s still a awful amount of trading in duels, even with the Sniper. And there’s still fall damage, like how is the fov the thing you adjust but not fall damage? That stuff needs to be fixed.

I went back to x link kai this morning just to check and I was able to take down people with the BR pretty reliablly even with that awful Columbian host. Yeah they’re not even close to matching the og. I think they would’ve had a better time just adjusting the hit detection, spawns, fall damage and fixing the carbine. Honestly the H3 testing build played better than this.

the current fov is the default h2v fov. I imagine it will be fixed for sure.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey I have a question for those of you in the MCC insiders program thing..

I signed up a week or so ago and got my email saying I was in. Do I now have to wait a certain time to download the update or what?

Mcc population isn’t high so party matching would be too long. Gosh I’m tired of that bullshit excuse. During the flight 2 a team of FAGS! We’re playing as a TO4, dominating on solo ques. It’s not fair and it’s not fun! If they can’t get a game then the simple thing to do is search as a party 2 or no party at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Mcc population isn’t high so party matching would be too long. Gosh I’m tired of that bullshit excuse. During the flight 2 a team of FAGS! We’re playing as a TO4, dominating on solo ques. It’s not fair and it’s not fun! If they can’t get a game then the simple thing to do is search as a party 2 or no party at all.

Are you talking about me  :kappa: ?

their goal is to entirely eliminate p2p fallback for the update. Sometimes p2p is used as the lobby host when looking for players or for the actual game itself. The goal is to connect to a server which hosts the lobby for pre game then instantly transfers you to a dedicated server. This can eliminate being able to pull IPs of random people in the game.

I do not know but i assume if a player cannot connect to a dedi, they will be kicked and the search will be restarted.

why would the lobby connect to a server only to connect to another server? Doesn't add up.

why would the lobby connect to a server only to connect to another server? Doesn't add up.

Connect to matchmaking server > find match > connect to game server

I signed up a week or so ago and got my email saying I was in. Do I now have to wait a certain time to download the update or what?

Now you wait for future emails telling you if you're in a Flight or not. Until then, you can't download anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's 2018 and 343 is still hesitant to add party restrictions. Boi.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're going to have to wait until Flight 3 before you get access to download the program to your Xbox from the Insider Hub.  That's if they even do another public flight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're going to have to wait until Flight 3 before you get access to download the program to your Xbox from the Insider Hub.  That's if they even do another public flight.

343 said something along the lines of "everyone who wants to will get a chance to participate".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't get one and I matched Dersky twice. :(

Postums said they are still being sent out. If you've got nothing in 24 hours, drop em a tweet.

So I'm not sure the H2 insider build is a hit detection problem with the game. It might actually just be dedi problems because I get these games where everything works SO well and then once in awhile I get some where I have like a 6 shot BR it feels like. Like stuff that doesn't even make sense with no scopes from S2 to top mid on Lockout not registering etc or me and this guy getting into a multi clip BR battle from arch to top red lol. It just goes from really good to really not good randomly

• Upvote (+1) 1

They did say that quality would suffer outside the flight windows because they would be working on stuff.

Maybe. If someone is feeling dedicated to figuring it out you could try a traceroute to each server you connect to and record which were bad and which were good. I'm curious if its distance, something wrong with hops in specific areas of the country, or specific under performing servers

I was watching sepseven play 1v1 and it was worse than vista.

I could be in the minority but I tried a few 1v1s and the reticle felt like it would accelerate too slow at first then too fast once it moved a little on screen. It felt like I was fighting to aim where I wanted to on the fly. This could be because I was on a wireless controller or it could just be normal and I haven't played classic H2 in so long I forgot how to shoot.

I could be in the minority but I tried a few 1v1s and the reticle felt like it would accelerate too slow at first then too fast once it moved a little on screen. It felt like I was fighting to aim where I wanted to on the fly. This could be because I was on a wireless controller or it could just be normal and I haven't played classic H2 in so long I forgot how to shoot.

I end up feeling a little lost because of the FoV but my aim feels normal. 

Can confirm FOV and aiming feel like garbage in the flight H2

Can confirm FOV and aiming feel like garbage in the flight H2

aiming definitely was hit hard in both flights h3&2. Hopefully 343 fixes these. The mcc team feels competent so I think we can trust them.