CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I swear, this e3 has been a series of disappointments and missed opportunities. No Halo on PC. EA's conference was boring trash. No surprises other than Unravel 2. Square's was one of the laziest "conferences" I've seen in my life. Only surprise was for a genre I don't play (MMOs). Also no Avengers. Ubisoft was meh. Literally the 0 games I care about at the moment other than BG&E 2 and the only surprise was for a system I don't own (yet), in Star Fox. No Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell. Microsoft was the only bright spot so far honestly. Even still, no Banjo, Perfect Dark, KI, or Fable 4. No MCC news. No X price drop. No Elite Controller V2. No new BC news. Sure I'm missing some. Two of my most anticipated games are Vesperia Remastered, a 10-year-old game, and My Friend Pedro, a 2D indie game at the Devolver conference.

Please, save us Based Sony and Nintendo.

No SKATE 4.

I swear, this e3 has been a series of disappointments and missed opportunities. No Halo on PC. EA's conference was boring trash. No surprises other than Unravel 2. Square's was one of the laziest "conferences" I've seen in my life. Only surprise was for a genre I don't play (MMOs). Also no Avengers. Ubisoft was meh. Literally the 0 games I care about at the moment other than BG&E 2 and the only surprise was for a system I don't own (yet), in Star Fox. No Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell. Microsoft was the only bright spot so far honestly. Even still, no Banjo, Perfect Dark, KI, or Fable 4. No MCC news. No X price drop. No Elite Controller V2. No new BC news. Sure I'm missing some. Two of my most anticipated games are Vesperia Remastered, a 10-year-old game, and My Friend Pedro, a 2D indie game at the Devolver conference.

IIRC Sony is scaling back this year and will only bring already announced games, so it'll be more like Square Enix & Ubisoft.

Battletoads doe. If it's anything like Battletoads Arcade I'm in.

If you expected MCC news at E3... Well, you shouldn't have. That's crazy talk. And Fable 4 is years off, won't see it at E3 until like a year within its release.

Honestly I love the people working on MCC

Time to go probably get wrecked in H2 1v1s since I don't think I've played one in like a decade+

The H2 BR is VERY crispy. No scopes seem to just not register from a distance kind of like the H3 build. Might just be a dedi thing. Creek 1v1 spawns are maybe a little silly with jumping rockets and the dark side of each base

• Upvote (+1) 1

so if u're in the test flight program on mcc, does it auto update ur mcc? or is there a button u have to press?

so if u're in the test flight program on mcc, does it auto update ur mcc? or is there a button u have to press?

Its a separate install but the playlists typically update on 343's end and once in awhile it needs to be updated like any other game when they push new builds. The hit detection honestly feels almost identical to the H3 test. Sometimes people eat a shot here or there but overall you can cross map someone and sniping hit registration gets weird the further away you are

• Upvote (+1) 2

What about above the players head in team matches? I couldn't find a match in 4v4 to check.

Yeah they show above players heads but it looks a little weird because it doesn't have a background color. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Time to go probably get wrecked in H2 1v1s since I don't think I've played one in like a decade+

The H2 BR is VERY crispy. No scopes seem to just not register from a distance kind of like the H3 build. Might just be a dedi thing. Creek 1v1 spawns are maybe a little silly with jumping rockets and the dark side of each base

been watching streams. the hit reg for the br and snipe has sucked. it's worse than halo 3. 

been watching streams. the hit reg for the br and snipe has sucked. it's worse than halo 3. 

That's weird tbh where are the people from that were streaming? I guess internet speed may be a thing too since basically the only thing that can go wrong for me is distance to the dedi.

Oh and was it 1v1 or 4v4? I've only gotten to try 1v1

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's weird tbh where are the people from that were streaming? I guess internet speed may be a thing too since basically the only thing that can go wrong for me is distance to the dedi.

Oh and was it 1v1 or 4v4? I've only gotten to try 1v1

pretty sure sep lives in NJ, other guy is from maryland, other guy from georgia. It's both. 1v1 and 4v4 but it's easier to tell in 1v1. M$ for sure has a dedi in VA. 

pretty sure sep lives in NJ, other guy is from maryland, other guy from georgia. It's both. 1v1 and 4v4 but it's easier to tell in 1v1. 

I have no idea then since I'm in GA maybe I'm just getting lucky 

edit - feels bad lol wait 20 mins to get into a 4v4 and my three teammates put up 1 kill between them all

No SKATE 4.

That's basically Session. But one of the big rumors beforehand was TONY HAWK's Skate. Which would have been amazing. I'll settle for Session though.

IIRC Sony is scaling back this year and will only bring already announced games, so it'll be more like Square Enix & Ubisoft.

Battletoads doe. If it's anything like Battletoads Arcade I'm in.

If you expected MCC news at E3... Well, you shouldn't have. That's crazy talk. And Fable 4 is years off, won't see it at E3 until like a year within its release.

I mean, Battletoads is nice, but there was 0 footage. And it's gonna be a 5-hour (or less) side-scrolling arcade title. Not necessarily a AAA title if you ask me.

MCC being at e3 was being talked about by everyone. One of the rumors, that would have been perfect, was a complete rebranding. As well as it coming to PC. Neither happened. Game Pass inclusion is nice, but not really what everyone asked for.

Be nice if I could actually get an invite.

Yeah they show above players heads but it looks a little weird because it doesn't have a background color. 

That's a relief. 

I wish they would buff camo or something in H2. Its crazy how I just see someone with camo anywhere on warlock like they don't even have it

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wish they would buff camo or something in H2. Its crazy how I just see someone with camo anywhere on warlock like they don't even have it

I never realised how easy it was to see in Halo 2. I guess because it's running at 4K it just really sticks out.

No MCC for PC announcement. Committed to delivering classic Halo experiences to PC my ass. 

They're not announcing anything on that end until they fix MCC for the Xbox. I thought that was obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never realised how easy it was to see in Halo 2. I guess because it's running at 4K it just really sticks out.

It really sticks out on 360p too lol. 

camo is good for increasing your chance of the opponent missing the first shot because of no aim assist. that's its sole use.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if it got buffed but the halo 2 purists were upset that the halo 2 br fired faster. now it fires slower so snipe is even more powerful. an option in custom games would be nice

It really sticks out on 360p too lol. 

camo is good for increasing your chance of the opponent missing the first shot because of no aim assist. that's its sole use.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if it got buffed but the halo 2 purists were upset that the halo 2 br fired faster. now it fires slower so snipe is even more powerful. an option in custom games would be nice

You said that there will be a lobby host which will then bridge to a dedicated server in MM.

Is this going to be in the flight or in the full game?

In the original MCC this already exists. Lobby leader is host and then after the countdown it says 'setting up game' and connects to the server. If someone can't connect to any available server it resorts to the lobby leader's host.

Will this be in the final build and if it is, what if someone simply can't connect to any server? Will they just be kicked because there is no host fallback?

pretty sure sep lives in NJ, other guy is from maryland, other guy from georgia. It's both. 1v1 and 4v4 but it's easier to tell in 1v1. M$ for sure has a dedi in VA. 

There are lots of dedis in Virginia and you connect to them a lot in the current MCC build.

No one can get any info on what the dedis actually are or where they are coming from because of the IP masking so it could be host for all we know LOL

I have little to no experience in OG H2, (H2V kid) but I can say that my first BR 1v1 in head to head ended in a trade lul. Unscoped BR shots still seem unreliable too, idk what it is.

Rage 2 looked pretty fun, but otherwise I cannot disagree with this post. Lots of retreads from last E3, as a well as a glut of moody, survival-themed games. Would've liked to see some Doom Eternal gameplay footage.

I have little to no experience in OG H2, (H2V kid) but I can say that my first BR 1v1 in head to head ended in a trade lul. Unscoped BR shots still seem unreliable too, idk what it is.

That's just how H2V was. That's what Halo 2 MCC is, it's a console port of H2V. I have no idea why it was like that, but if I remember correctly they basically ported Halo 1 PC and Halo 2 Vista to console for some reason. I understood the mentality behind the H1PC thing because it already had the online multiplayer built in and it was likely less work than building that from the ground up for the original Halo 1 console game, however, I cannot fathom why they didn't use the actual Halo 2 classic that existed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really feeling the update to H2 tbh. They changed the FOV to be similar to H3 and it’s making the whole game feel a lot slower.

I literally have no idea why they changed that, I can’t remember anyone mentioning that MCC H2 FOV needed to be adjusted. It’s actually bothering me that they wasted time and resources on that. They need to change it back ASAP. It’s nauseating to play.

I appreciate the tick rate fix to the carbine but I feel that the BR is a lot less reliable. Seriously at times it’s almost at H3 levels in lack of consistency. I know that they have dedicated servers for this but it appears that they didn’t touch the overall hit detection which is what the initial problem was. And there’s still a awful amount of trading in duels, even with the Sniper. And there’s still fall damage, like how is the fov the thing you adjust but not fall damage? That stuff needs to be fixed.

I went back to x link kai this morning just to check and I was able to take down people with the BR pretty reliablly even with that awful Columbian host. Yeah they’re not even close to matching the og. I think they would’ve had a better time just adjusting the hit detection, spawns, fall damage and fixing the carbine. Honestly the H3 testing build played better than this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rage 2 looked pretty fun, but otherwise I cannot disagree with this post. Lots of retreads from last E3, as a well as a glut of moody, survival-themed games. Would've liked to see some Doom Eternal gameplay footage.

Rage 2 looks incredible. An Andrew WK is perfect for the marketing haha.

You said that there will be a lobby host which will then bridge to a dedicated server in MM.

Is this going to be in the flight or in the full game?

In the original MCC this already exists. Lobby leader is host and then after the countdown it says 'setting up game' and connects to the server. If someone can't connect to any available server it resorts to the lobby leader's host.

Will this be in the final build and if it is, what if someone simply can't connect to any server? Will they just be kicked because there is no host fallback?

their goal is to entirely eliminate p2p fallback for the update. Sometimes p2p is used as the lobby host when looking for players or for the actual game itself. The goal is to connect to a server which hosts the lobby for pre game then instantly transfers you to a dedicated server. This can eliminate being able to pull IPs of random people in the game.

I do not know but i assume if a player cannot connect to a dedi, they will be kicked and the search will be restarted.

• Upvote (+1) 1