CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

"our data says that players are not willing to wait longer and those that do wait longer are more likely to quit out when they get a game they don't like."

I really wonder how many high ranked Halo players were a part of that "data"

This company man xD

• Upvote (+1) 3

0 consequences..... If they took a hard line on that, parties couldn't get games.

Here's how that would work, the longer the wait time is, the looser or wider the restrictions would get.   

0 consequences..... If they took a hard line on that, parties couldn't get games.

Personally I'd rather just not get a game. I'd take that sacrifice because my solo/duo q would be so much more enjoyable.

I'm literally a legit level 9 in the h2c playlist because I can't rank up because I just match parties and lose. and the population can support party vs party. I searched h2c and played 15 games yesterday. 8 were parties though usually parties of 3. if there was party vs party, they would just match each other. 

Personally I'd rather just not get a game. I'd take that sacrifice because my solo/duo q would be so much more enjoyable.

I'm literally a legit level 9 in the h2c playlist because I can't rank up because I just match parties and lose. and the population can support party vs party. I searched h2c and played 15 games yesterday. 8 were parties though usually parties of 3. if there was party vs party, they would just match each other. 

Where did you get Dersky ama from?

Why are UK kids being forced to play on US servers? Does not make much sense.

Where did you get Dersky ama from?

Why are UK kids being forced to play on US servers? Does not make much sense.

it was held in the new "classic halo" discord hosted/arranged by zyfe (halo2 guy). There will Bemore in the future, probably for every new flight. The halo 1 guy will join dersky for the halo1 flight. I just wrote down a summary as we went through questions

Uk are connecting to us servers due to fears of lack of population for the flights.

I can get a link later or you can go to the link in my sig and ask for a discord inv from there.

I had to explain to one of the bigger halo 3 mcc streamers last night that spread does not mean projectile. He literally thought for the past 10 years that when people complained that the halo3 br sucked because of spread, he thought they meant because you have to lead. total fucking facepalm. I'm still not sure if he entirely gets it. 

Honestly, I don't even know how it works. Could you elaborate a bit, please?

I had to explain to one of the bigger halo 3 mcc streamers last night that spread does not mean projectile. He literally thought for the past 10 years that when people complained that the halo3 br sucked because of spread, he thought they meant because you have to lead. total fucking facepalm. I'm still not sure if he entirely gets it. 

Was it Evadur?  :simms:

Spread is how accurate a gun is. The assault rifle and smg have a lot of spread (and bloom). Basically with a no spread weapon, you will hit a standing target 100/100 times that you are pointing at it. With spread, depending on the value they give it, you will have a percentage to miss. I forget the exact values but the halo3 br has different values for each bullet in the burst. The first is the most accurate and its decently accurate, the 2nd is worse, and the 3rd is even worse and so inaccurate you cant control it at all. Depending on the distance the 3rd bullet could hit their foot if aiming at the head. The halo2 br has no spread. You will never miss because if random chance. Thats why the h3 br is worse than the h2 one.

Projectile just means it takes time for the bullet to reach the target. Rockets, plasma rifle, plasma pistol are easily seen as projectile because theyre really slow. The h3 br is projectile. Though the h3 br bullet speed is fast. You only have to lead because of connection on maps like the pit. It travels s2 to s2 in 2 frames. Its just 1 frame is 17ms and your ping is another 10-120ms to the equation. (Actually this might be the reason hit reg sucked on mcc because before at 30fps, it only tool 1 frame to get from s2 to s2. They could have increased the bullet speed to fix the hit reg for the flight). H2 is hitscan which means if your reticule is on the target you will hit them minus connection failure.

Also it was cranium, not evadur. People were saying he should be mcc community manager on the halo waypoint thread.

• Upvote (+1) 5

As Riddler said, spread is completely independent of how long the bullet takes to get to the target. Leading shots is good, random spread is bad, and there's no reason they have to be paired. For an analysis of how Halo 3's random spread can influence the outcomes of even gunfights with perfect aim, read this post.

Bungie's explanation for random spread:

In Halo 3, each bullet from the Battle Rifle’s three-round burst is networked individually under the cases outlined above. Additionally, each bullet has a different margin of error, with the first round from the Battle Rifle being the most accurate of the three bullets. The first bullet can have an error between 0 and .15 degrees off of the true aiming vector. The third bullet is between 0 and 0.38 degrees, the second bullet falls somewhere between the first and third. It is a mistake to look at where the third bullet lands and assume all three bullets are that inaccurate. The outliers (0.15 on bullet 1 and 0.38 on bullet 3) are the absolute worst-case scenarios. In that context those numbers don’t mean a whole lot – but in the grand scheme thing of how the Battle Rifle operates, they are pretty meaningful. 

The Battle Rifle works this way because after Halo 2 it was retuned to be a reliable headshot and anti-sniper weapon (in terms of pinging Snipers at distance from their scoped-in state). The first bullet in the burst fills this role – it is quite accurate (identical to the Halo 2 BR, but with a travel time), and will kill an unshielded unit with a headshot or ping a sniper. 

Another design goal with the Battle Rifle in Halo 3 was to bring the kill-range closer. One way this was achieved was by giving bullets 2 and 3 from the BR a wider error, which makes them less likely to land outside of the BR’s intended effective range. Summarily, this reduces the BR’s effectiveness AND damage output at those ranges, without compromising its ability to finish a target at the same range. 

This change allows the Battle Rifle to be competitive in terms of damage output at closer-than-Halo 2-levels, without being so effective at longer range, that players caught in the open are gunned down too quickly (that task in Halo 3’s sandbox belongs to the Sniper Rifle. If you need to control a space 30wu [world units] away, use it instead). 

. . .

Much of the fervent debate comes from players who simply want the weapon to perform differently than it was designed to perform. The bullet variation in the Battle Rifle’s three-round bursts is a design choice that further defines the weapon's role in the Halo 3 sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 4

the reason MCC H3 plays like shit is because the OG H3 was shit, I know that's something hard to process when you have your nostalgia goggles on but is time you all stop being so delusional

Because the people asking for it, don’t even play Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Head to Head is up too. No radar, BR starts on small maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

hopeful for some fixes. stuck at work tho.

The only things I noticed when I played Head to Head was emblems working on the scoreboard (can't tell about above players heads since they don't show up in FFA), and the Carbine fire rate was fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only things I noticed when I played Head to Head was emblems working on the scoreboard (can't tell about above players heads since they don't show up in FFA), and the Carbine fire rate was fixed.

Were most of the big complaints related to hit detection for H2?

There are also other issues, e.g. sound compression (terrible sound) when multiple BRs are firing in close proximity. The Halo 2 community has a list of bugs somewhere, in a google spreadsheet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are also other issues, e.g. sound compression (terrible sound) when multiple BRs are firing in close proximity. The Halo 2 community has a list of bugs somewhere, in a google spreadsheet.

Is this what you're looking for?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Emblems show in game but they don't have a background glad they got emblems working in mcc though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When the PC gaming show has been running for 1 hour and 15 minutes and there's still no sign of the MCC coming to PC

zxm56BE.jpg

EDIT: WELL, FUCK.

Last chance is it will be announced at the Inside Xbox Specials during the rest of E3: "The Xbox E3 Briefing was only the beginning. Join Inside Xbox for game reveals, breaking news, and special guests."

If that's not the case we still have eldewrito... oh, wait.

• Upvote (+1) 5

When the PC gaming show has been running for 1 hour and 15 minutes and there's still no sign of the MCC coming to PC

zxm56BE.jpg

me right now. i might've fucked up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I swear, this e3 has been a series of disappointments and missed opportunities. No Halo on PC. EA's conference was boring trash. No surprises other than Unravel 2. Square's was one of the laziest "conferences" I've seen in my life. Only surprise was for a genre I don't play (MMOs). Also no Avengers. Ubisoft was meh. Literally the 0 games I care about at the moment other than BG&E 2 and the only surprise was for a system I don't own (yet), in Star Fox. No Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell. Microsoft was the only bright spot so far honestly. Even still, no Banjo, Perfect Dark, KI, or Fable 4. No MCC news. No X price drop. No Elite Controller V2. No new BC news. Sure I'm missing some. Two of my most anticipated games are Vesperia Remastered, a 10-year-old game, and My Friend Pedro, a 2D indie game at the Devolver conference.

Please, save us Based Sony and Nintendo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Emblems show in game but they don't have a background glad they got emblems working in mcc though.

What about above the players head in team matches? I couldn't find a match in 4v4 to check.