CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah the aiming is pretty awful. If you want a comparison just load up a retail mcc match, the difference is insane. Can’t draw a circle to save my life in the insider version.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah the aiming is pretty awful. If you want a comparison just load up a retail mcc match, the difference is insane. Can’t draw a circle to save my life in the insider version.

How??

Huh, they felt the same to me. I played regular and insider versions for a few hours each.

I remember several years ago, before MCC came out, I suggested that the Sentinel Beam should be buffed in H2A.

I got like 4 upvotes and 1 or 2 people quoted me saying that they agreed, followed by maybe a couple more posts talking about the Sentinel Beam in general.

Well... a couple months later MCC came out, and the Sentinel Beam became a power weapon.

However unlikely it may be, I think my post back in the day (maybe in this thread, I don't know how to search my post history), caused that to happen.

edit: I don't know why I remembered this, but I thought it was interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just feels like normal 360 H3 to me.

Huh, they felt the same to me. I played regular and insider versions for a few hours each.

I rarely play H3 in MCC, usually stick to h2 and the difference in aiming is seriously screwing with my head. That combined with the new shot registration it takes some time to get used to. I’m not really a fan. So clunky

It just feels like H3 to me. It was always wonky but consistent. It did feel different than MCC but I'm not sure if that was a visual trick or headcase at first but aside from that it does exactly what I expect it to do. If anything the game feels more like 360 H3 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How??

Have no idea man just knew that I had to adjust my sensitivity my first game. I jumped from 3 to 5 in like 2 games.

360 H3 is backwards compatible on Xbone. Either stick the disc in or buy it digitally, and compare its aiming to Insider MCC's aiming.

Yeah I hope they change it. H2 Doubles is probably my favorite Halo experience.

From what I recall, Doubles was my third favorite gametype in H2 after Rocketball and Snipers.

Then BTB and Infection after that.

1-Game-only playlists makes me VERY happy. Goodbye Halo 4!

• Upvote (+1) 4

360 H3 is backwards compatible on Xbone. Either stick the disc in or buy it digitally, and compare its aiming to Insider MCC's aiming.

H3 BC is all kinds of fucked though. Framerate was hot garbage last time I played plus some strange visual and audio bugs. I would definitely not use that as "control" for OG H3 aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was too high and exhausted to keep playing last night or else I would've pulled an all nighter. H3 in the build feels fucking fantastic IMO and I actually had fun playing. It felt like I was 14 back in 08 staying up late after a long week of school. feelsfuckinggood

Here's to hoping they do a throwback H3 pro circuit so I can give this competing thing one last shot.

343, if you guys read the forums I don't think anyone would be opposed to fixing these things in H3 if possible.

-No Spread on the BR

-Center the reticle

-Make 110 damage and 110 movement speed across the board.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If anyone was curious about the maps that were submitted for consideration to be added to the new Halo 1 NHE, Devilman uploaded the gameplay from his last lan. Here's a series I played with @@stunt_man across all 5 maps.

That would be sick af if 343 could add these maps to MCC. Most likely would never happen tho

I had to explain to one of the bigger halo 3 mcc streamers last night that spread does not mean projectile. He literally thought for the past 10 years that when people complained that the halo3 br sucked because of spread, he thought they meant because you have to lead. total fucking facepalm. I'm still not sure if he entirely gets it. 

yikes

If anyone was curious about the maps that were submitted for consideration to be added to the new Halo 1 NHE, Devilman uploaded the gameplay from his last lan. Here's a series I played with @@stunt_man across all 5 maps.

I really wish the new build MCC would include some of these maps. 

Oh no. Mods. I tried to put a link to a playlist of my casting in my sig, and it embedded the whole damn video. Halp.

@@Shekkles

Oh no. Mods. I tried to put a link to a playlist of my casting in my sig, and it embedded the whole damn video. Halp.

@@Shekkles

try linking the playlist on youtube instead of the first video in the playlist maybe?

try linking the playlist on youtube instead of the first video in the playlist maybe?

That's what I wanted to do, and looked hard for it, but I had to choose between the list of all my playlists, or the first video in the playlist. There wasn't an in-between screen :/

Just add a timestamp.  This will start it at 2 seconds.

https://youtu.be/paspPA87a9M?t=2s

What a god.

• Upvote (+1) 1