CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't understand why Doubles gets to have a ranked playlist for CE and H3 but not for H2? Because of the infamous MCC H2 glitch where, if host quits or the other team quits as a whole you and your team go black screen. As a result the game thinks you and/or your party quit the match and thus gives you three losses. Usually this makes you go down rank, even after a single occurrence.

Therefore, competitive players who like to grind for ranks simply could not risk voting for H2 in playlists like Doubles and Hardcore, or else there was a good chance the glitch would occur. Even if you won the match, MCC would still screw you over. So although I am very happy that H2 and H3 Hardcore are getting their own separate playlists, I don't understand why we cant do the same for H2?

Yeah I hope they change it. H2 Doubles is probably my favorite Halo experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be pretty wack to have ranked ts and team hardcore for halo 2 and 3. You would you be missing out on stuff like 1 flag on zanzibar or high ground.

shameless plug but this is the video I made about the updates. granted this was before i saw the more recent list. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

qbdUz0N.png

:wutface::(

Rip the dream. How about making all games like non-mandatory DLC worked back in Reach/H4 then? Just match people who have the "DLC" with each other. I can delete H3 and 4 but still search BTB and find games with people who want to play H1 and 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rip the dream. How about making all games like non-mandatory DLC worked back in Reach/H4 then? Just match people who have the "DLC" with each other. I can delete H3 and 4 but still search BTB and find games with people who want to play H1 and 2.

But why would you delete H3?  :wow:

If anyone wants to carry me in the H3 flight later today, send me a friend request! Not a huge fan of H3, but I'll do my part to help them test this next patch.

GT=BR N00b (zeroes not O's)

If anyone wants to carry me in the H3 flight later today, send me a friend request! Not a huge fan of H3, but I'll do my part to help them test this next patch.

GT=BR N00b (zeroes not O's)

Squad

• Upvote (+1) 1

But why would you delete H3?  :wow:

It was just an example lol. But I'd seriously love to play BTB without H3/4 because I never got to experience H2 BTB in its prime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unpopular opinion: Full bloom Reach made for the best SWAT in the series.

I feel like it was just the dmr that I liked about it

I feel like it was just the dmr that I liked about it

Bloom wasn't terrible in swat because it did reward first shot accuracy. but... what about second shot or 3rd? if you both miss the headshot on number 1 it should still be whomever gets the first headshot or most body shots first wins and bloom destoys that. Plus as was said before, it doesn't let you tap-tap-tap multiple members of the opposing team quickly with consistency.

A perfectly accurate DMR > than BR any day though.  No partial credit and much harder sweep kills with the DMR.

For SWAT only: v7 DMR > bloom DMR > BR

Fuck sweeping for headshots in SWAT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can confirm that the aiming in H3 Beta test feels very werid. However, I am using a brand new controller, and I have not played H3 in a long time. Am also used to the responsive aiming of H1, but something does feel off with how it's working currently.

Can also confirm that I am going to be a huge anchor in less than two hours when the 4v4 testing begins.

A lot of the FFA matches I played in were BR start, minus the hill games I played on Narrows. So that is a huge plus at least.

Can confirm that the aiming in H3 Beta test feels very werid. However, I am using a brand new controller, and I have not played H3 in a long time. Am also used to the responsive aiming of H1, but something does feel off with how it's working currently.

Can also confirm that I am going to be a huge anchor in less than two hours when the 4v4 testing begins.

A lot of the FFA matches I played in were BR start, minus the hill games I played on Narrows. So that is a huge plus at least.

Halo 3 aiming has always been weird.  Grid aiming blows.  You have to learn to move your crosshair like you move a Knight in chess.  I always hated that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4v4 is up early.

Joined an FFA game before and the first thing I heard was "Ooh The Little Moa, the meme god himself."

lmao

• Upvote (+1) 6

Unpopular opinion: Full bloom Reach made for the best SWAT in the series.

You can't seriously think that's better than Halo 1 no shields 400% health.

You can't seriously think that's better than Halo 1 no shields 400% health.

*matchmaking*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good news H3 hit detection is better

Bad news is it's still H3 and blows

So we're back to shit instead of a steaming pile of shit? I'm excited for the H2 and CE flights to see what Sean has been able to do.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I forgot how funky Halo 3's aiming was I don't know if I prefer this or Halo 5 when it comes to aiming.

If I have to play High Ground one more time...

Now imagine High Ground with starting strats using equipment.

No lie when I was playing earlier someone hopped out of the ghost (that they stole) to take the grav lift when we were on offense. Then went back into the base.

I'd pick Halo 3 over Bloom Reach and Halo 4 but by god it's trash online and shooting the BR is not fun.

I can't believe Ace Tweeted something like "learning to lead your shots with the H3 BR is part of the skill gap."

...Actually I can believe it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd pick Halo 3 over Bloom Reach and Halo 4 but by god it's trash online and shooting the BR is not fun.

I can't believe Ace Tweeted something like "learning to lead your shots with the H3 BR is part of the skill gap."

...Actually I can believe it.

well hes not wrong. There is a way to get the best value for your shots or when to shoot risky. Its stupid but a skill
  • Upvote (+1) 2

They really gotta start trying to match people based on skill at least a little bit though. Lol I think someone on my team just goosed like 4 games in a row. I feel bad for them because they look like they've never even played before. 

They really gotta start trying to match people based on skill at least a little bit though. Lol I think someone on my team just goosed like 4 games in a row. I feel bad for them because they look like they've never even played before.

goosing is the worse