CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Who wants to help me play MCC for clips cause I got Sony Vegas recently and want to learn it by making a low tier montage

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like I’m honestly curious where in your mind do you believe ce isn’t flawed to disliking? Look I’m going to be that guy who says graphics matter. Now they don’t matter all too much but halo ce in 2018 doesn’t look good from many perspectives. H3 and beyond is something needed I understand in your day those graphics were the shit, but understand a lot of h3 people don’t feel the same.

Gameplay feels clunky it doesn’t in anyway feel smooth which can throw people off.

At the moment the mcc version sucks so that also will determine someone’s negative opinion maybe once it’s patched people might change their minds about ce. Animations, graphics, clunky gameplay, you may be able to see why some dislike it greatly.

You are obviously allowed to feel however you want about H:CE compared to H3. However, I think it's funny that you call H:CE clunky, when H3 has the worst aiming mechanics by far out of the original three Halo games. I mean, the vertical and horizontal sensitivities aren't even the same in H3 (IE your aimer moves slower on Y-axis than the X-axis). Bungie's use of a grid aiming system was a horrendous decision when you consider how well aiming worked in H1/H2.  FPS titles HAVE to absolutely nail aiming; the most fundamental component of a shooting game, something that H3 simply didn't do.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What would you guys think if 343 restored CE completely to its original form and then made some small improvements for things such as jump delay and faster momentum shifts for player movement, some of the small stuff that pros have wanted tweaked over the years? If done right would it be welcome for CE to be modified in ways that weren't in the launch title?

• Upvote (+1) 9

What would you guys think if 343 restored CE completely to its original form and then made some small improvements for things such as jump delay and faster momentum shifts for player movement, some of the small stuff that pros have wanted tweaked over the years? If done right would it be welcome for CE to be modified in ways that weren't in the launch title?

absolutely welcome. look what the community has done with the modded versions! brilliant adjustments

yes it is hard as shit to get readjusted to 30 FPS because it takes hours to get used to it, have you played any game at 144 FPS? Hell 60 isn’t even that great.

And right there is your elitest bullshit opinion, where people don’t understand so apparently they have no right to dislike it when through many games one comes to their own conclusion terrible spawns, most players don’t like a spawn system that’s extremely easy to spawn kill on. Your teammates position shouldn’t determine that they spawn two feet next to you.

“Stupid reasons” again that’s your bs opinion. You’re 30 they’re 21 aka not going to like ce as much. You only love it the way you do is because you grew up on it. You can’t find one person who started on h3> that likes CE the best not one i bet.

u boojie af

• Upvote (+1) 4

absolutely welcome. look what the community has done with the modded versions! brilliant adjustments

Have any high-level players gotten together and compiled a list of desired changes? I'd definitely welcome some movement tweaks because I have H2 hardwired, also an increase to vertical sensitivity. Those are the only major ones I can think of besides nuances that are above my skillset.

Have any high-level players gotten together and compiled a list of desired changes? I'd definitely welcome some movement tweaks because I have H2 hardwired, also an increase to vertical sensitivity. Those are the only major ones I can think of besides nuances that are above my skillset.

Honestly the single most annoying thing to me is the jump delay.  I don't play CE much so the first couple games when i do play feel very "meh" when navigating around.  I could imagine a new player (aka supermelee) jumping in, feeling the "meh"ness and just writing it off after a game. Fix that and add an in-game timer and scoreboard.  Anybody who whines about it being "clunky" after that can kiss my ass.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's pretty simple. when you break down things objectively, ce is the winner of the bunch. it has very few flaws. whereas when you analyze halo 3+ you can throw a dart with your eyes closed and hit something broken.

dynamic timers, low fov, br spread, slow strafe speed, slow kill times, Best TTK is very close to average TTK making it so you cant outplay your opponent, camo is 30seconds instead of 45, os is now 2 layer instead of 3, rockets can't kill from med range making them a camp weapon instead of an aggro weapon. the weapon balance is just less balanced. sniper is far greater than the br at every range, rockets always beat br at close range because you either kill them or get them 1 shot and u have so much time to switch to a br and clean up. default power weapons/up are on 2-3min timers even if the other person doesn't dirty them which makes gameplay play super slow. 2v2 games in ce take as long as 4v4 games in 3 and they both go to 50, mostly because of slow power weapon/ups spawns.

you look at ce and you see... well the jump delay could be removed and u add an ingame timer to default ce (already modded in). the gameplay isn't clunky lol. that's so subjective in the first place. you move faster and you're stronger. how does that make it more clunky? the arty style is pretty close to 3... you can stick a halo 3 map on ce and it wouldn't feel out of place or vice versa. the graphics outside of campaign have actually aged well, akin to super smash bros melee. they're timeless (unlike halo 5). fucking minecraft is the most popular game and the graphics are straight out of 1998

you're right that CE circle jerk is strong. that's because it's been beaten to death why it's the best, since 2004. people here (not me i'm 2k12) have written these types of paragraphs over and over since 2004. so the community who browses the active comp forum at the time know this. it's the new people who aren't enlightened yet. the people who come here who love 2/3/4/r/w/e see these threads and when they think objectively why they love halo 3 over ce, they can't place a thing other than personal reasons (don't like graphics, skill gap, animations, etc).

I started with halo 2 but i didn't get into competitive until halo 3. I loved halo 3, played it 8hours a day on average because I was in high school. It wasn't until I was in college after the depression of reach/4 that I learned the error in my ways. I ignored the community posts about how great CE was because back then I hated anything that was different than halo 3. "Lol you need power ups to win bro?" and I was all about "out br'ing" kids and god I cringe thinking how silly I was thinking that compared to out pistoling someone in ce (though the mcc pistol is about as much as a lottery weapon as the halo 3 br so you definitely cant experience that except on lan). during reach, I explored halo 2 more since it was my first and I wanted to see what the hype was about back in the day. While chilling on xbc, i discovered CE for the first time but i didn't really like it (tho no netcode prob didnt help). it just felt like an outdated game. Then one day I just really wanted to get back into halo (halo 4 sucked so now I was 3 years [2010-2013] without a problem halo game) and the only other community was CE. So I decided to see what the hype about CE was all about and god it was so amazing once I learned the basics; a whole new world.

and super melee, your own arguments can be used against 3. It's just as easy to spawn kill on 2/3 as it is ce. Have you ever watched renzo/magnitude play a 1v1 on guardian? If you kill people at needler at halo 3 on the pit, where are they going to spawn? 100% at snipe 1/court where they are going to get blained. now if it's CE spawn mechanics on the pit, you wouldn't know without seeing the enemy so at least the person alive can dictate to spawn his teammates at court or not at court. complaining that it's easy to spawn kill in ce when youre a pro playing a novice is just dumb. you can't make a great competitive game without some sort of skill curve. halo 3 is not a great competitive game, it's worse than 2's but it rode on 2's coat tails which rode on halo 1's and MLG pushed it hard because halo was so popular (and ofc the owner loved halo ce). Don't think i'm right about that? where are all the halo 3 lans now that mlg is gone? they haven't existed since reach.

and i do agree with the notion that if you don't understand something, you are not allowed to voice your opinion on the merits of that thing. That's like me advising you on quantum mechanics. And since i don't understand quantum mechanics, saying I don't like quantum mechanics specifically is flawed. I can say I don't like that I don't understand quantum mechanics.

the average competitive person doesn’t know how to spawn kill like that in halo 3, and even then in fours it’s not nearly as easy. Anyone can play ce and figure out the spawn system within a couple hours. I know I did, fast and smooth also don’t go hand in hand simply because movement feels god awful it’s just gun play is more epic because every weapon has a ttk lower than a second.

Imagine if in 2010 Frankie wasn't scared of splitting the existing Reach fanbase (literally his words) and they actually made CE Anniversary with multiplayer. Take the OG code, fix jump delay and the 180° glitch, add some better animations for grenade throws and crouching and then slap the graphic overlay engine used in campaign on top. There we go, perfect Halo game. It's a shame this was never considered just to pander to the Reach kids with their bloom and Armor Lock. CEA was the first red flag that 343 weren't gonna be the saviors of Halo despite the awesomeness of Reach v7.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who wants to help me play MCC for clips cause I got Sony Vegas recently and want to learn it by making a low tier montage

Only if you use Crawling In My Skin

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only if you use Crawling In My Skin

I am open to song suggestions :kappa:

Already have some in mind

the average competitive person doesn’t know how to spawn kill like that in halo 3, and even then in fours it’s not nearly as easy. Anyone can play ce and figure out the spawn system within a couple hours. I know I did, fast and smooth also don’t go hand in hand simply because movement feels god awful it’s just gun play is more epic because every weapon has a ttk lower than a second.

Ugh.  Like most things you have been saying lately, i call bullshit. Figure out that you either spawn on your teammate or spawn randomly, ehhh maybe they can figure that out in short order.  But learning where all the spawn points are, when to spawn your teammate on you, when to give them a random, how to actually execute all that and do it well under pressure... no fucking way man.  Please, get over yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 5

yes it is hard as shit to get readjusted to 30 FPS because it takes hours to get used to it, have you played any game at 144 FPS? Hell 60 isn’t even that great.

And right there is your elitest bullshit opinion, where people don’t understand so apparently they have no right to dislike it when through many games one comes to their own conclusion terrible spawns, most players don’t like a spawn system that’s extremely easy to spawn kill on. Your teammates position shouldn’t determine that they spawn two feet next to you.

“Stupid reasons” again that’s your bs opinion. You’re 30 they’re 21 aka not going to like ce as much. You only love it the way you do is because you grew up on it. You can’t find one person who started on h3> that likes CE the best not one i bet.

30 FPS is a WEAK reason. Sorry. If you were such an H3 purist you’d want to play it on 360 anyways, where it’s also 30 FPS. This is excuse making. Sack up.

An uneducated opinion is an irrelevant opinion. You are not entitled to be taken seriously. It’s not elitism. It’s you not putting forth the effort to know what you’re talking about.

The spawns do not suck. Your partner sucks. The game is just giving the spawn that your partner chose. If the system was as easy to figure out as you claim, then why can’t you give your partner decent spawns? Why can’t you explain to him how to give you better spawns? You may know in general how the system works, but applying it, anticipating it, using it to your advantage...that is a HARD earned skill that you. Don’t. Have. Yet.

Plenty of people here started on H3 and actually educated themself about the game, and love it now. They put in the work and now they get it. You have done no such work. You have made no such effort. Don’t blame age. Blame your own laziness and excuse making.

If you learn the game and play it on LAN with a timer and still hate it, cool. I’d love to hear you articulate why. If you have no interest in ever playing it and just love H3, that’s fine too. Whats NOT fine, is talking out of your ass about a game you are ignorant as fuck about, and then crying “elitism” when you get called on your bullshit. You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about, so either educate yourself, or shut up, because you look like a fool.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Oh please. You wanna call me elitist? Says the guy that's pulling the PC elitist bullshit about 30fps. I've played games at 144fps. It's as smooth as butter. But I don't care if a great game runs at 30fps. Because, ya know, it's a great game.

And the only reason you're complaining about the spawn system is because you don't understand how the spawn system works. Or at the very least, you have poor execution manipulating it. Just saying "teammates position determines spawning" is a gross simplification.

Also, I'm not 30. I'm 26. I was 9 years old when CE came out and had absolutely no clue how that game worked. In fact, I didn't even go to my first CE LAN until after H3 was released. I barely even bothered with Halo 2 because I preferred other online games at the time(Crimson Skies specifically). I put hundreds of hours in H3 and I didn't even like it. Despite my hatred for Halo 3, I have a ton of nostalgia for it. I met a lot of great people while playing that game. It doesn't change the fact that I can tell the difference between a game with great mechanics and game with shitty mechanics. H3 is the latter and the only people who disagree are the ones that have no frame of reference. They don't know anything better. Their love for the game is based in ignorance, not the quality of the game itself.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Careful boys. Don’t you know who you’re talking to? Supermelee is the 5th horsemen and if you keep it up he’ll 50-0 you on prisoner with spawn trapping. Seriously though, how can you argue that a spawn system designed for 2v2 that gives you near 100% control of your partner’s spawn is less skillful or has less depth than a spawn system that doesn’t?

• Upvote (+1) 6

All he has to do is ask @@Hard Way or one of the CE players in this thread for help. It's not that difficult to understand the game. It's difficult to master it, sure. But it's not difficult to get why it's clearly better than its successors. Instead, he wants to spend time arguing that a game running at 30fps isn't as good as the other games running at 30fps because he prefers 144fps. :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Exactly. My post was abrasive (deservedly so), but if the guy expresses interest in learning the game, I will go out of my way to help.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly. My post was abrasive (deservedly so), but if the guy expresses interest in learning the game, I will go out of my way to help.

There are levels to abrasiveness in the Halo community. CE players just happen to be the most abrasive because trying to explain why CE is still the benchmark to people who won't listen, including the developers, is damn near a past-time at this point. It's also utterly taxing on our mental health. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are numerous changes that players agree can be changed. I'm sure there are purists that are fine a lot of it. For example, I'd be fine removing the jump delay to make the controls feel better all together for others. I myself am used to it and fine with it. The crouch lock when throwing a grenade is another example. This notion that we think the game is untouchable seems like it comes from a crowd that is incredibly unfamiliar with the game or community.

It's also untrue that only players who started with the game will like it the most, as others have already mentioned. I can post my story but we all know its gonna stupid long. If I'm not mistaken Cujjer is on the younger side but is a great player. I'm 27 and there are others around my age or younger. Most of the people who actually started with that game competitively are in their mid 30's. King Nick came to Beach LAN 5 and was either 18 or 19 at the time. This is a guy who put the vast majority of his time into competiting in every Halo 5 event as possible and is still a very good CE player. Batchford is another young one. How old is Bobby Blitz? I imagine he's younger than me and absolutely destroyed at this last Beach LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not mistaken Cujjer is on the younger side but is a great player.

I can confirm cujjer did not start out with halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 3

HALO 3 CROSSHAIR IS NOT EVEN CENTERED LMAO FJIOSDFJSDJFIOEJRIJIOTJKGOERTGRKGIROPGKPGV :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

crouch lock and 360 glitch can be fixed. idc if it's 60fps or not - i played destiny on 30fps for almost 4 years and never cried

Oh man this topic again.

Games still broken though I imagine. Spring basically came and went.

H6 all over E3 though. Pre order and you get more clothes for your halo barbie doll.

• Upvote (+1) 2